• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

5% off using Gift Cards question

OpieDoodle

DIS Veteran
I utilize the Target RedCard 5% discount. So historically, I buy giftcards as we saved so I'd by $500 ones here and there rather than all at once. Well I wasn't paying attention and never bought the giftcards for my November cruise and PIF day is QUICKLY approaching.

I have a Target RedCard Debit which is now giving me an error and when I call in the reps tell me I have to wait for the transaction to finalize on their end (even tho the money has been taken from my account). Well I'm still waiting on transactions from 8/1 and I need to buy another $2,000 in gift cards still within a couple weeks.

So they recommended I do the Target Reloadable RedCard. Which I did go ahead and get. Well that's not coming until 7-10 business days. Figured out the only way to add money to it is in person with cash. Can't use my virtual card in person, has to be online.

Does anyone know if there is a max I can add to the card at once? All I can find online is I have to do specific increments but it doesn't say how many times I can do them. (i.e. most it says is $500....can I do $500 four times or do I have to go in 4 separate days)

Anyone have such a headache with this before?! Like wow I am kicking myself for not buying the cards as I went like I normally do.

I'm just over here like Target just hush and take my money LOL!

Thoughts? Advice?

I utilize the Target RedCard 5% discount. So historically, I buy giftcards as we saved so I'd by $500 ones here and there rather than all at once. Well I wasn't paying attention and never bought the giftcards for my November cruise and PIF day is QUICKLY approaching.

I have a Target RedCard Debit which is now giving me an error and when I call in the reps tell me I have to wait for the transaction to finalize on their end (even tho the money has been taken from my account). Well I'm still waiting on transactions from 8/1 and I need to buy another $2,000 in gift cards still within a couple weeks.

So they recommended I do the Target Reloadable RedCard. Which I did go ahead and get. Well that's not coming until 7-10 business days. Figured out the only way to add money to it is in person with cash. Can't use my virtual card in person, has to be online.

Does anyone know if there is a max I can add to the card at once? All I can find online is I have to do specific increments but it doesn't say how many times I can do them. (i.e. most it says is $500....can I do $500 four times or do I have to go in 4 separate days)

Anyone have such a headache with this before?! Like wow I am kicking myself for not buying the cards as I went like I normally do.

I'm just over here like Target just hush and take my money LOL!

Thoughts? Advice?
I actually had this issue with the Target redcard once a few years ago. I called customer service who was unable to provide any information. Eventually I called again after being denied a second time. That time customer service passed me onto card security. They said that the system automatically flagged the purchased for review. The security staff member approved the purchase and I haven't had an issue since.

I'm not sure if your issue is exactly the same but if you have some time to call, it might be worth a phone call.

We have had serious issues buying Disney gift cards online from Target but apparently if you buy them in the store it doesn’t get flagged at the register and the purchase goes through. If you get desperate I’d try that.

In the past I’ve been limited to 1500 or 2000 a day on the Target credit card. I try not to do more than that per month , but yes, sometimes you have to do more, but I just have their phone number handy in case they throw up a security block.

I've has the issue too with my Target debit card, in store and online. To help myself I opened a Target Credit card a couple of years ago and buy $1000 max off each card per day, but do alternating cards on different days, and they no longer get held up or flagged. Best of luck :)

If you have the debit card, it could be tied to a limit from your bank. Just a thought. My bank gets feisty since I have a lot auto-drafts, especially on the first of the month. Just a thought.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter