5 Nights @ WL + 4 Night DCL + 3 Nights BLT = As Seen on Youtube - PreTrip Report

So once we got to the city we had to find the 'Red Line' so that we could take another train to The Cubs game.

We had an idea of where to walk, since we had gone a few years back. But my first thought was to find someone with a Cubs shirt on and follow them. :thumbsup2 First we were following some VERY slow walkers and it was getting irritating. So we ditched them and starting following a girl in VERY short shorts. They walked much faster.

IMG_8579.jpg

We finally got to our El Station.

IMG_8580.jpg

IMG_8582.jpg

The ride was uneventful...
IMG_8591.jpg

Until... I hear Shawn say, "Was she naked!!!??"
IMG_8595.jpg

I guess there was a girl on her roof top deck sunbathing. The train was moving so fast that he didn't have time to take a second look :lmao: The guy that was sitting in front of us must have saw the same thing, because he couldn't stop laughing!!!

After all the giggles stopped we arrived a Wrigley Field.

IMG_8597.jpg

These are the tickets we paid for...
IMG_8599.jpg

But since the people next to us didn't show up this is the view we got...
IMG_8600.jpg

Our snack.
IMG_8605.jpg

The game was good... They were losing and then they were winning and then ultimately they lost. :mad:

Here are some of our self-portraits.

"Make a funny face because the cubs are losing"
IMG_8613.jpg

Shawn was making fun of me because he said that I held the camera too close.

IMG_8614.jpg

IMG_8615.jpg

Then someone saw our issues and helped us out.
IMG_8618.jpg

I took this picture because it was cool that people are inside the score board!!!
IMG_8623.jpg

Game over... check out these crowds!
IMG_8629.jpg

Then we went window shopping abit.
IMG_8631.jpg

We didn't spend any money... I couldn't believe that we took $100 out of the ATM and went home with $60. :confused3

The cloud was still there when we left.
IMG_8632.jpg

Time to take the train home.
IMG_8635.jpg

IMG_8641.jpg

There is the awesome statue by the train station by our house. It looks like it's raining just around him... I got a little wet trying to get under the umbrella.
IMG_8644.jpg

We had a very nice dinner at a local resturant and crashed on the couch when we got home.

102 days until out trip... and I have GREAT news!!!

My mom doesn't have cancer!! :cool1: She found out a few months back that she had spots on her lungs - then a few weeks ago she got another scan and there were more spots.
After two biopsies (the first one was unsuccessful) we found out that it is just some sort of infection. :thumbsup2 I don't think I have ever been so happy to find out someone had an infection in my life!!! :laughing:

I now feel like a weight has been lifted off my shoulders and I can REALLY look forward to our vacation! My parents have also made reservations to go on the cruise with us!!! How cool is that???!!!??? They have until October 27th to change their mind (that's when the final payment is due) but I think I have them convinced that a Disney Cruise is a GREAT idea!!!

I just wanted to share my good news with someone!!! :woohoo: It really puts life into prospective.

-nat

I finally did my Disney History on Youtube. The kids history is going to be so much more fun to make because I'm going to be able to include video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PiDT8VJSGC4

So I was looking at the Disboards rules and they have strict rules about private conversations... so someone better post a comment before the shut me down for having a conversation with myself!!! :lmao:

I get to do the double digit dance today!!!
99 days to go!!! :cool1::cool1:

We went to the Doorway to Dreams 2 Year Anniversary Celebration this past weekend. It was very fun!! Derek DeBoer (our vacation club guide) gave the presentation along with another guide. He did a great job.
If anyone reading (that is if anyone IS reading) lives in the Chicago-land area and is even some what considering the Disney Vacation Club you NEED to talk to Derek!!! He ROCKS! Plus they are doing a new promotion now that if you go and listen to their presentation you get a gift card if you mention a DVC member's name. Feel free to use mine or someone else's.

I have some cool & video to post from this weekend, but I need to get it on my computer first.

-nat

Hi Natale!

Just seeing the update about your Mom now. What great news! I hope you can convince them to keep their ressie and go on the cruise with you!!

Oh and :congrats: on your 10 year anny!! You did say 10 right?

Hi Natale!

Just seeing the update about your Mom now. What great news! I hope you can convince them to keep their ressie and go on the cruise with you!!

Oh and :congrats: on your 10 year anny!! You did say 10 right?

:woohoo: There are people still out there!!

So far so good with my parents. They haven't even been talking about canceling so I hope that keeps up! Dexter is going to have so much fun with them on Mickey's Boat... My dad and Dexter have always been very close. We lived with my parents for awhile when Dexter was just a baby and they developed a VERY close relationship.

Yes, It was our ten year anniversary!! I was 19 and Shawn was 21 when we got married. I have some of our wedding pictures in my last youtube video... the link is in the post above. We looked like babies!! :laughing: (here is the link again so you don't have to look for it http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PiDT8VJSGC4 )

thanks for reading!
-nat

Wow lots going on! 1st Great news about your mom, that had to be a huge weight lifted. Happy 10 year anniversary, it looked like you guys had a great time. Im a newbie to the boards but enjoyed your PTR. I look forward to the rest. popcorn::

Wow lots going on! 1st Great news about your mom, that had to be a huge weight lifted. Happy 10 year anniversary, it looked like you guys had a great time. Im a newbie to the boards but enjoyed your PTR. I look forward to the rest. popcorn::

Can I hear a Woop Woop!!! :cool1:
More people! :)

thanks for reading! I can't explain the relief I felt when my mom got a clean bill of health!

WELCOME to the Disboards!! We were all Dis newbies at one time - so have fun here and enjoy the ride! Are you new to Disney too?

I am really going to have to sit down and get all of our plans together soon. I also really have to start training for the 5k!!! :scared1: It's only a 5k so I know it will be fine... but I had a horrible dream that I woke up and it was time to go to Disney (not the bad part) In my dream I realized that I had never started getting ready for the 5k. OOPS!!
I know as long as I have 6 weeks I can get to the comfort point... but I really want to start early. My schedule has just been so messed up because of my job. :headache:

talk soon!
-nat

I had to share with you what my parents did for Dexter, Skylar and their cousin Emmie.

They had a Pirate and Princess Party!!! pixiedust:

First my mom took them and got them dressed up.

100_0038.jpg

100_0039.jpg

Then the hunt started... they took off the first clue.
My dad took the whole morning setting up clues. He took pictures that would lead the kids to the next clue and then the treasure.

100_0046.jpg

100_0047.jpg

100_0051.jpg

100_0052.jpg

100_0054.jpg

100_0059.jpg

Little princess takes a break.
100_0060.jpg

100_0062.jpg

This video is of the last clue and the surprise my parents set up!!! It's too cute!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=33GCtowyKuc

And here are their treasures...
100_0067.jpg

My parents are the best!!! :banana:
-nat

What a fun day with your parents! I love the fairy wings on the girls! Skylar has gotten so big! She looks like a little girl now :)

Just wanted to add that I watched your Utube video and you are sooo cute! I love when your DH starts throwing the balls at your head. My DH would so do that!

Your wedding pics are so beautiful! Wow, 10 years!!

What a fun day with your parents! I love the fairy wings on the girls! Skylar has gotten so big! She looks like a little girl now :)

I know.. skylar is getting so big!!! I think she looks older then she is (and she thinks she's about 13!!!)

Just wanted to add that I watched your Utube video and you are sooo cute! I love when your DH starts throwing the balls at your head. My DH would so do that!

Your wedding pics are so beautiful! Wow, 10 years!!

:banana: <----- little dance for someone watching my videos!! Thanks for watching. They are fun to make.

:offtopic: <---- again

So last night was CRAZY!!! I have had a bad cold/flu the last few days where the cough has been bad. Well both kids got the same cough. :sick: (bad mommy should have used Lysol).
It seems to have affected Dexter the worse. Yesterday he was coughing and coughing.. and again I was a bad mommy and thought he was faking it. He tends to be very dramatic sometimes. WELL - around 1pm he started to wheeze a bit. THEN around 7pm it seems worse. I called his pediatrician and they said just prop him up with another pillow and call them in the morning. I even asked if I should take him to the hospital and she said, "Only if his breathing gets very labored" But she had the 'over protective mommy' tone. :mad: So I thought I was being crazy.
So the next few hours were not fun.. he was complaining the whole time and sounding really bad. Around midnight I said enough is enough and bundled him up and took him to the Hospital. (shawn stayed home with skylar) By the time we were on the way to the hospital he couldn't even say more then 2 words without pausing to take a breath.

They had us in a room and surrounded by 4 doctors and several nurses within 2 minutes of entering the emergency room :scared1:. They told me that if a young child EVER has a hard time breathing that you need to take care of it immediately because things can turn very quickly. :sad2: They gave him steroids and a breathing mask and he was breathing much better within 10 minutes! :)

We ended up staying the night because they wanted to give him a few more treatments. The whole thing ended up fine - but I wanted to share this story with you because you really should always listen to yourself and NOT the crazy doctors when they act like your a crazy mommy. :headache:

He's in his bed sleeping right now but here is a video he made when he got home... I think the meds they gave him made him hyper!!! He wouldn't stop talking a mile a minute to all the nurses and the doctors. I love that tiny man! :love:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gebF2dKvzxo

If you watch the video you'll see pictures from the hospital... I took them because Dexter asked me to.:rolleyes:

-nat

:scared1::scared1::scared1:
With everything going on I forgot to book my ADRs!!! I better get cracking it's ADR day!:thumbsup2

UPDATED PLANS:
I was able to make some ADR - but since I don't think we are going to get the dinning plan anymore I didn't book much.

January 6th - Fly to Disney World
Check in at The Wilderness Lodge

January 7th - Fun Day (yet to be planned)

January 8th - Natale Runs The Family 5K at Epcot!!!!

January 9th - Fun Day (yet to be planned)
ADR - Dinner at Chef Mickey

January 10th - Wake up early and board the Disney Wonder!!!!

January 11th - Nassau, Paradise Island & Buy lots of Rum

January 12th - Castaway Cay (hopefully ) Maybe I'll run the 5K here too!!

January 13th - Day at Sea
Booked a Palo Brunch!!! :thumbsup2

January 14th - Off the Boat and Check in at Bay Lake Towers!!!
ADR - Tepen Edo

January 15th - Fun Day (yet to be planned)
ADR - Le Cellier, made the ADR for 4 but hope to get a sitter

January 16th - Fun Day (yet to be planned)
Shawn (and my dad if they come) will go on the Steam Train Tour

January 17th - Fun Day, until we have to fly home on a very late flight - yet to be purchased.

So I still have my parents Cruise booked - and they have until the 27th to say yes or no for sure. BUT I think I have them 99% convinced. :woohoo: I hope they come! The cruise is AMAZING!! It's the most relaxing way to enjoy Disney (well... that and owning in the DVC and chilling out in your room for the afternoon because you've been to Disney a million times).

I can't wait!!!

I also don't want to jinx myself... but I have a job interview with Disney on Thursday!!!! :thumbsup2 I've been keeping that news under my hat for some time... but I just can't anymore - I'm going to EXPLODE with excitement!!! It's not at the Disney Store - it's something a bit cooler. I'll fill you guys in on it later. :thumbsup2
I have wanted to work for Disney since I can remember. So if this works out I will be a VERY happy Natale!!! But if it doesn't work out I'm afraid I will be thrown in a deep Disney Depression :sad2: But the best medicine for that is going to Disney World - and I'm doing that in less then 80 days. So I hope the Mouse wants me - but if not... I'll just keep trying!

-nat

WOW! I hope the mouse wants you!!!! I can't wait to be filled in! That is sooo exciting!

I am glad everything is good with your mother! That scavenger hunt they planned was too cool! I love scavenger hunts!

I didn't realize that you and Shawn have been married for 10 years! :scared1: Woah! That is awesome! Congrats!

I would have been here sooner, but I didn't realize you were back to posting!

Subbing now ;).

WOW! I hope the mouse wants you!!!! I can't wait to be filled in! That is sooo exciting!

I am glad everything is good with your mother! That scavenger hunt they planned was too cool! I love scavenger hunts!

I didn't realize that you and Shawn have been married for 10 years! :scared1: Woah! That is awesome! Congrats!

I would have been here sooner, but I didn't realize you were back to posting!

Subbing now ;).

That's OK - I think I lost most people when I got busy with life and my PTR went on the back burner. :)

I'll post more about the Disney Job Possibility tomorrow (if the kids let me).

-nat

Disney Job Interview...

So the job I am trying DESPRITLY to get is at the Doorway to Dreams!!! :banana: For those of you who don't know what that is - It's a store here in Schaumburg, IL inside the Woodfield Mall. They have a two-bedroom model of the Disney Vacation Club accomodations of Bay Lake Towers. :thumbsup2

I don't know all the details about the job - but I would be one of the 'Cast Members' (how cool is that) that would be in the front of the store talking to people about Disney World and the Vacation Club. I believe my main job would be to get people to come inside and talk to a vacation club guide.

OK - so first of all I would get to work for Disney. Secondly - I would get to talk about Disney World all day long. And 'C' :) I would be able to make little kids smile by passing out stickers.
I'm sure there is allot more involved with the job BUT I have a feeling that I would be good at it.

I'm not a shy person at all - I love to talk to people - and if you get me started talking about Disney World, I won't shut up!!!

So that's my big JOB news. There was a part time & a full time position open. I would love to get the full time position so that I can get down to one job.

Talking about it with you guys makes it even more real... I really hope I get this job, but I also think that if they decide to go with someone else at this time I will just try again.

So if you live in the Chicagoland area and I get this job you are required to come and visit me!!! :flower3:

-nat

Dexter wanted to add some smilies -

:happytv::banana::dance3::cool2:popcorn:::love::)::3dglasses:scared1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter