5 Most Difficult Ressies to Get ...

Mary•Poppins

DIS Veteran
I am planning my next trip to DW and haven't been there since 2008. I am curious to know what the 5 most difficult ressies to get would be .... AND which one is YOUR favorite.

I have been reading about BOG and plan to try and get that one when our 180 +10 is available. But I like to know what other people think.

Thanks in advance for your lists! :)

We haven't been since 2009, and I'm most excited about dining! I can't wait! I did BOG, CRT, and Ohana first at my 180+10 mark, but I'm also pumped for Chef Mickey and Akershus since we've never been. Also Chefs de France has me pretty excited too. We're doing 11 days of the deluxe dining plan and honestly, I don't have any reservations that I'm not super excited for! We have 3DD's so I'm just so pumped to see them enjoy!!

Hi Mary! I'm not sure which 5 ressies are the most difficult, but I can almost promise you that because they are "hard to get" doesn't necessarily mean they are the best. Our last trip was last Fall so BOG wasn't open yet, but I've seen quite a few people saying that the dinner wasn't all that great. You don't need an ADR for lunch, so there's one worry out of the way. The AYCE places are pretty popular but most of those are mediocre at best.

Go for the restaurants you want, but if you're shut out don't get distressed. There are lots of places to eat at WDW, and you can probably get into the most difficult ones if you keep trying.

Things like CRT are going to be the tough ones--because people are going for the experience rather than the food quality. If the character meals are a priority, those are the ones worth getting up in the morning to book. :earsboy:

I think the current top 3 hard-to-get are the following in this order (CRT may go in front of 'Ohana, but, at 180+10 days, I think it's 'Ohana):

Be Our Guest
'Ohana
Cinderella's Royal Table

To round out the top 5, maybe breakfast at Akershus or Chef Mickey's?

The closer it gets to the day of, I think the harder it is to get character meals like Crystal Palace & Tusker House - especially for those prime early morning times.

Le Cellier used to also be an "in demand" ADR, but, since both lunch & dinner are now 2 TS credits, I'm not sure if it still is or not.

For some reason, I also have problems getting the time I want for Sci-Fi in DHS. For the past 3 years, I've gotten an ADR but not for the time I want, & I'm making our ADRs on our 180+10 day.

Victoria & Albert's is also sometimes hard to get, from what I've read.

And, once California Grill is open again & taking ADRs, I'm sure it will be a "hot" ADR too!

As for our current favorites of the "hard-to-get" ADRs, we always schedule breakfast at Chef Mickey's, lunch at Crystal Palace, & dinner at CRT. For our upcoming trips, we also have an ADR for Be our Guest - I scheduled it first, & I only had 2 choices for times.

Be our Guest is definitely the top ADR right now.

I would say the five hardest to get are

Be Our Guest
Cinderella's Royal Table
O'hana
Chef Mickey
Le Cellier or Crystal Palace

Not as common of a request but still difficult to get might be the Chef's Table at Victoria and Albert's.

I agree with the above poster who stated that just because it's hard to et doesn't mean it's the best food.

My thoughts.......

Chef mickeys at a decent time. If you don't mind eating dinner at 9 or 9:20 pm you can get it.

Be our guest

CRT

Chef Mickey's breakfast

Princess breakfast in Epcot

the 5 hardest in my opinion are:

Be Our Guest
Le Cellier
O'Hanas
CRT
Chef Mickey's

I love Le Cellier & we always have to eat there. It makes him happy so we have to go :) I love Chef Mickey's for the bfast & my hubby loves buffets. YOu should try Sci fi or primetime 50s at DHS we love those. Liberty tree tavern & Plaza at MK are underrated as well. Our go to @ Epcot is def Biergarten but I'd like to try some place new next trip :)

Be Our Guest
'Ohana
Cinderella's Royal Table
Chef Mickey's/Akershus breakfast

LeCellier is not that hard to get anymore, imho. We ate there last Oct and I was able to get a table way after 180 days which Had never happened for us.

I agree that Cali Grill will be very hard to get when it reopens. It was always tricky to get if you wanted a time around/before fireworks.

Just FYI, based on what I had been reading on here I thought it would be really hard to get BOG even at the 180 +10 day mark, but we eat at 4:30 pm and it was open every day at that time and we snatched one up easily. I think if you are flexible with your eating times you can get one.

The hardest to get is the Chef's Table at Victoria & Alberts because there is only one per night. The regular dining room is not difficult at all.

The hardest to get is the Chef's Table at Victoria & Albert's because there is only one per night. The regular dining room is not difficult at all.

This was just ahead of me. I was going to say the same thing but Pakey got there first (by about a half hour).

Well the only one I didn't get for our trip was BOG and I was on the phone at my 180 +10 mark! Didn't have any issues with anything else including Ohana's! Though it maybe we aren't going to the most popular places. Still keeping my fingers cross for BOG and will try up to the end. Though the kids love the Crystal Place because of Pooh and gang so don't know if I would drop that one if I couldn't get it at a differnt time.

The one that we always seem to have problems getting is Crystal Palace at breakfast. We like to get into MK before the park opens, so I always try for an 8:00am slot and always end up getting 8:30 or later and I am on there as soon as the online dining opens at 6:00am!

Still hard to get is BOG, 'ohana, CRT and CM. I have no idea why Chef Mickey's is hard to get as I think it is disgusting- whether there for breakfast or dinner. If you really want to see Mickey, head over to the Cape May breakfast or Garden Grill lunch/dinner.

BOG...by far the hardest
CRT
Ohana
Chef Mickey...are the big four
Akerhaus, Le Cellier, Crystal Palace, and Coral Reef can also be difficult during busier times.

Be our Guest is very tough.

I called today at at 180 day mark and was not able to get a reservation for October 3rd which I would not classify as a busy time of the year.

I have never had this issue in all the years of going to Disney for any dining location.

To me, CRT is the one that is consistently hard to get ... usually have needed to be on the phone at exactly the 180 +10 moment.

BOG seems to still be working through some bugs with reservations. Meaning I know people that couldn't get it at 180 days and others that got in at 60 days. So if you don't get in there on your first try, definately keep trying.

Chef Mickey's always seems to be booked, but during slow times of the year, I have found that when I couldn't get reservations ahead of time, I could call that day and get in.

Le Cellier has always seemed to be an issue. More along the lines of CRT.

'Ohana seems to be worse at night (for fireworks) than for breakfast.

Tusker House seems to be easier if you want a late breakfast (almost lunch) time.

These are just experiences that I have had (or my pretty immediate family).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter