5 in room @WL

DISMOMof3

Earning My Ears
We really want to stay at the WL, but we have five people. We can afford it with the AP rates out, but can't afford the villas. Our youngest just turned 3. What do you think of staying in room w/5 people when it says 4? We aren't worried about the space. 3 in a bed is ok.

I think that if you are going to do it you should really get the deluxe room. I'm sorry to put a damper on your trip, but when they say 4 they mean 4.

But, only you can make this decision. If you are comfortable with it, then I guess you can do it.

The lodge does have deluxe rooms that sleep 6, and they are a little cheaper than a one bedroom villa over in the villa section. They are 500 square foot rooms with a seperate sitting area and bedroom (bedding is two queens and queen sleeper sofa).

I looked into this option for our family of 5. I was told that deluxe rooms were not part of the discounts being offered right now but they would be happy to book me the room at $405/ night!!! I confirmed that the only difference in this room would be the addition of a daybed. I think this is outrageous, personally. It is the same situation at the AKL.

Your options for 5 are POR, or one of the other deluxes if your looking for one room, although I don't see any reason you shouldn't put your three children in one bed if you're comfortable with this.

It seems punitive to me that they would charge $10-$15 for an extra adult in a room, but you should pay $250 more per night for your three year old!! I know, I know someone's going to say "fire codes" and all I can say to that is, "give me a break".

We reluctantly decided on POR for our quick October trip and will be at the YC in February to insure the extra bed, but I would have know qualms about it, if I were you. Just MHO.

I looked into this option for our family of 5. I was told that deluxe rooms were not part of the discounts being offered right now but they would be happy to book me the room at $405/ night!!! I confirmed that the only difference in this room would be the addition of a daybed. I think this is outrageous, personally. It is the same situation at the AKL.

Your options for 5 are POR, or one of the other deluxes if your looking for one room, although I don't see any reason you shouldn't put your three children in one bed if you're comfortable with this.

It seems punitive to me that they would charge $10-$15 for an extra adult in a room, but you should pay $250 more per night for your three year old!! I know, I know someone's going to say "fire codes" and all I can say to that is, "give me a break".

We reluctantly decided on POR for our quick October trip and will be at the YC in February to ensure the extra bed, but I would have know qualms about it, if I were you. Just MHO.

We have decided just to stay at the Contemporary. I will be attending a conf there for part of our trip so we are just going to stay there the whole trip. We really wanted to stay at WL, but I don't want to get there & not be allowed to stay even though I don't see the difference in having a 5 in the room w/a 2yr old than 5 in a room w/3yr old. The crib would actually take up more space & should be more of a fire hazard than having a 3yr old in the bed w/us.

That is exactly why we splurged and stayed at WL when our little one was still under three. There aren't that many on-site options for a family of five that are affordable for an "average" family.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter