5 in a standard room at Beach Club?

MMA_Fighter

Earning My Ears
We are booked to stay at the beach club!!!!!! It will be myself, my husband, and our 3 daughters - They will be 12, 11 & 2.5 at the time of the vacation.

My question is, what should we do about sleeping arrangements? Normally we do DH and myself in one bed, and my two daughters in the other bed, but now that #3 has come.... I'm kinda stumped as to what to do! Do the hotels have bed rails you can request? Is the room big enough for a trundle bed?

TIA!

Some of the rooms at the Beach Club have a daybed. I made that my biggest request. We got it! (We had a standard room, it had a daybed, overlooked the courtyard, and had a nice balcony...it was close the lobby-2nd floor)
My 10 year old slept on one. (DH napped on it)

We have 3 year old twins and a 10 year old...they shared a queen bed some of the time.

We're all pretty short people, so 3 of us in a queen bed (with one being 2.5 is fine)

If it has the day bed (flop down couch) I would put the 2.5 year old on that. They use to offer bed rails. So 2 adults in one queen bed, 2 older kids in other queen bed, toddler in pull down with bed rails.

Yes, there are a bed rails you can request.

Again, we are short, so when the three kids shared a bed, we had them sleep horizontally (if that makes sense)...less likely to roll off the bed.

You can also put pool noodles under fitted sheets to prevent roll off. Or the little one can sleep between two bigger ones.

The day beds have worked fine for our teenage daughters on various occasions. I will warn you though that some standard rooms do not have the day bed, only two queen beds. It seems to depend on the location, as one time we had a corner room so the entrance to the room was sort of around the corner (you came into a small foyer like space, turned left where the closet/bathroom was, which then opened up into the room; given the wasted space with the entryway, there was no room for a day bed; although the entryway made a great changing area when the bathroom was in use).

They do have bed rails for the 2.5 year old, housekeeping comes and sets them up too! My 2 year old still fits in a pack and play so we will be requesting one of those when we stay at the BC, she is tiny. I think if the standard room does not have a daybed they can still bring a roll away cot, it will just be tight. The rooms are advertised as sleeping five AND one under three.

I would request a room with a daybed but if you don't get one you can ask for a roll away bed. We had one when we stayed at BC and it was actually very comfortable.

Packing an inflatable twin air mattress has worked for us since we made this very, very wise investment a few years ago. Our son is five and he has slept in numerous hotel rooms on that thing.

As others suggested, add a request for a daybed to your room reservation, by calling Disney's Central Reservations phone number. "Daybed, please- 5 people in room". If you made your booking through a travel agent, they will have to add the request for you.

:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter