5 hours and 4 phone calls over 2 days to book 2 rooms w DDXDP.. Just fussing a bit

LovesTimone

Christmas Day 2017
Yesterday I called to book rooms for January 2017 for my Grandson 1st trip and 2nd birthday to meet Mickey and the gang. I booked 2 rooms with DDXDP.. Simple... Right... Wrong....>:(

1st call - Started off so great... then... went down hill rapidly...she somehow was in the wrong screen for AP holder booking with adding dinning plans, and charged my CC for each room ressie, then when she was giving me the balance.. and such... I thought wow that's awfully cheap, and I asked her is that for the room price with our dinning???, as I had told her that we were paying for DD, SIL & DGS room... then nothing... she just stopped talking... then said OH NO I was in the wrong screen or area whatever lingo she used.... then said its okay I'll just move everything over... Ok I thought... So we went through everything again... Then she asked for my CC again... I was like why... well I have to fix the charge... its less because its a package... Ok... so we are about to wrap up and she asked my to check my Disney experience to see if everything was good... Well its not there......Then she goes let me walk you through adding it in yourself... so again no go... then she said I am going to get the internet help desk on the line.... after holding 22 minutes, the line drops.... By this time I am really getting aggravated. Call back 2nd call and after going through everything with another cast member, she double check everything then says you have 4 reservations... WHAT... no only 2...the first 2 should have been cancelled... yes I am sure they should be cancelled... So this is when I have a sneaky suspicion that they have charged my CC for the 1st ressie.... Now... So finally when the internet help desk tells her that everything will be okay in the morning... I asked then several times about was the first ressie canceled and did it hit my card... Oh no they kept saying... Its a wash... Okay....

When DH... got home, I had him check the CC.... and guess what they just my card for 6 times... for 264.38, 226.12, 1.00, 1.00, 200.00 and 200.00 ..... I was like are you kidding me...

So back on the phone... 3rd call - I was assured by the cast member it would fall off and is not a real charge... then I asked for a supervisor would said the same thing.. EVERYTHING will be fine in the morning...

So this morning.... NOPE really charges... So then I am back on the phone 4th call... Still cant get my ressie to link up and the charges... So after holding for 17 minutes... I go through everything again... and they act like something is wrong with me... then the cast member goes well I guess your right... so now more waiting and back and forth finally the figure out the issue and I am linked to my Disney experience and both ressie are linked... Thanks goodness.... So then I am talking to them about all the charges.... then I get well since it went through you will have to wait until it goes through the refund process... OMG... Then she stated it might just fall off tomorrow after 7:00am as its the weekend???

Then as a after thought she stated that I could just get it removed if I call my CC company....

Honestly... So now I get to spend even more time on the phone....

WOW I do feel better.... Thanks for listening... any suggestions would be appreciated in if you know some way to magically resolve this...

Last edited:
Chances are the first two charges are preauthrizations and will drop off within 48 hours, when Disney doesn't put the charges through. Based on the amounts, they appear to be room-only, so yes, the first CM was in the wrong screen. Ditto for the two dollar charges - system making sure it's a valid card. The two $200 charges are the correct ones for the packages you actually wanted to book. Those are the two that Disney should submit.

Pain in the patriot if it's a low balance debit card, but yeah, it should all be fine shortly. But go ahead and call your bank. They'll be easier to deal with :)

wdw has no control over how long it takes charges to drop off. I would be patient. They were being silly telling you things would drop off by x time. They have no control over bank and cc policies.

No they don't have control of when the charges drop off. But she never should have been charged that many times in the first place. I, too, would have been extremely irritated. I would call my bank and get it straightened out.

Yeah, but she's frustrated with how much time she's already been on the phone :)

Maybe frustrated too with the incompetent first CM who messed up the reservations in the beginning. Then I cannot stand when a customer service rep acts like the customer messed up when it was the reps fault. This happened to us at WL with a billing issue. The CM at the desk raised her voice to my husband and me in front of God and everyone in the lobby when it was their fault and if anyone raised voices, it should have been us.

Maybe frustrated too with the incompetent first CM who messed up the reservations in the beginning. Then I cannot stand when a customer service rep acts like the customer messed up when it was the reps fault. This happened to us at WL with a billing issue. The CM at the desk raised her voice to my husband and me in front of God and everyone in the lobby when it was their fault and if anyone raised voices, it should have been us.

I so agree with this...try calling the cable company...it will make you want to pull your hair out. I will say that everyone at Disney was very apologetic, but even with that they did ask did I make it clear to the cast member what I wanted to do... YEP....I am sure... In going back over the conversation, I think she missed a step, normally the cast member goes over everything with you like 10 times. Dates, Resort, Tickets, DDP, room request, celebrations, special needs, whatever extra and so forth ... gives you the total, deposit amounts, then ask you for the CC, then charges the card. She completely missed this step, she ran the card, then went into the trip details after the fact, then it was too late.. As of yesterday, the 2 for 200.00 went through and were charged, the other 4 are sitting there waiting for whatever Disney needs to do to remove them..

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter