• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

5 hour wait for Frozen ride?....

DisBuckMan

DIS Veteran
There was an article posted on Yahoo last night with pictures showing the wait time for FEA at 300 minutes. For anyone who was there...was this accurate?

If so, who in their right minds would stand in that heat and sun for 5 hours to ride a ride? Holy smokes...different strokes for different folks, I guess.

That is ridiculous. Would never stay in line for anything that long.

I hope that for the persons who waited the 5 hours it was worth it. Personally would not wait that long for any ride

I waited 45 minutes after getting in the Fast Pass line. At that point the standby was shut down due to reaching 5 hours. Only FP were getting on. It was true about the wait

I wonder if anyone actually did queue for that long or whether it's a case of the queue is 5 hours long IF you were to stay in it, but people who joined at that point possibly give up after a short/med period of standing in the sun?

I remember people doing that several years ago (2009) for Soarin'. It was Thanksgiving week though and crowded. Suffice it to say, we did
not ride Soarin' that week. :crazy2:

Yes some people waited close to that long.

That won't be the norm obviously. The ride had a few technical issues and went down for a little bit. Those already in line had an option to either wait or leave and of course some stayed. This is why the wait was that long. CM's came out with popcorn, ice cream, and water to those who remained in line.

It's the usual run of the mill for brand new rides on opening day. Nothing crazy

It's funny they were just making fun of this exact story on the morning news. They called it Small world with a moving Olaf in it lol.
That is crazy anyone would wait that long...the ride looks like nothing that special either from the little I have seen. I kinda wish they would have done more than just another floating boat and animatronics.

I waited 45 minutes after getting in the Fast Pass line. At that point the standby was shut down due to reaching 5 hours. Only FP were getting on. It was true about the wait
I have a fastpass for next week before my dinner reservations at Akershus. Do you think this was just a first day thing, or are fp lines going to be 45 mins typically?

I wouldn't do it but let's be honest. I am probably not the audience this is for. If I had children who were desperate to go on this my answer might be different.

Also I hope that they were giving water out with that ice cream.

A wait that long to me indicates that the ride has broken down and a LOT of that wait time is simply the line not moving for 30+ minutes.

Otherwise for a line to get up to 300 minutes, people would have to go .. "oh . .only a 270 minute wait? Sure!" ..and then get in line. That seems insane to me, so highly unlikely. Right?

Someone on another post, who had a FP said that some people they talked to had waited 5.5 hours. All I can think about is all the other stuff I could have been doing in Epcot during that time.

I just asked my daughter (she is six and very excited about Frozen Ever After) a hypothetical. I told her to imagine that we were at WDW and going to Epcot today. I told her that we were heading to Frozen. When we get there, the posted wait time is 5 hours. I asked her if she would want to ride it. She got this look on her face and said no way. I asked if she would wait 2 hours. Again, no. I asked her if she would wait 1 hour. She hesitated, and then said probably not. I asked her how long she would be willing to wait for Frozen. She said probably 30 minutes but maybe 45. Thank goodness! I'm not waiting an hour for the ride and don't want to deal with her pouting if we end up not doing it due to ridiculous waits.

Out of curiosity, how did it affect other ride wait times?

I have a fastpass for next week before my dinner reservations at Akershus. Do you think this was just a first day thing, or are fp lines going to be 45 mins typically?

Fast pass line of course won't be an average of 45 min. It'll be like every other ride at Disney. 0-15 min for FP line. It was long because the ride was having technical difficulties

They reported on the local Orlando news this morning of 300 minute wait times. Are you serious?!?!?!? You have wasted half of your day to ride 1 ride.

I don't think there's any ride I'd wait five hours for, I think the longest I've ever waited is two hours.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter