5 hotels in 14 days- lots of kids- September

I've been feeling guilty that I'm not giving you much here! I'll post our updated September plans today. I don't expect to change much/anything at this point. I'll also post our preliminary Jan/Feb plans. This week we'll hit the 180 mark for making ADRs. Super excited to get all of our favorite places!

While I may not do a super fantastic exciting pre trippie...I do take lots of pics and post lots of details on our REAL TR! So hang around for lots of cute kids, fun experiences, and food pics after we go!

September:

2 nights at Beach Club Villas
Wednesday:
Arrive at airport around 1pm and take Magical Express to Beach Club. Head to DHS with FP+ for TSM before early dinner at 50's PT Cafe at 4pm, then FP+ for Star Tours and ToT after dinner. We'll head back to settle in and rest well tonight. We'll upgrade our tickets to APs tonight and make the rest of our FP+ reservations for the trip. (Only made 4 days for now since we only have 4 day tickets right now.)

Thursday: Epcot at opening. Quick service lunch. Return to Beach Club to swim. Garden Grove dinner at 7pm. That's the character buffet at Swan & Dolphin. Never tried it before.

4 nights at Universal's Cabana Bay Beach Resort
Friday:
Magic Kingdom at open. Have a reservation for breakfast at Be Our Guest at 8:30 and park opens at 9. Hopefully this means we get in early (anticipating 8am) and can eat and still be ready to hit the rides at 9am. Crystal Palace lunch at 12:45 then pick up luggage at Beach Club and Taxi to Universal. We plan to check in and hit Universal Studios for the last 2 hours of the night. We hope to do the Minion ride and the new HP area.

Saturday: IOA early entry and Mythos lunch.

Sunday: IOA early entry then spend the day at US. Lunch at Citywalk, possible Antojitos. Another first time restaurant.

Monday: IOA early entry and favorite rides again. Afternoon break and return for Cinematic Spectacular Dinner at Lombard's with reserved seating and dessert buffet. (A little something special at a much lower cost than Disney's dessert buffet... not that they're comparable.)

2 nights at the Villas at the Grand Floridian
Tuesday:
Either hit IOA for one last go round on the best coasters or sleep in and then head over to MK with afternoon our FP+ for Splash, BTMR, and Enchanted Tales with Belle. Check into Grand Floridian. Dinner at Grand Floridian Cafe at 6:45. Another first.

Wednesday: Sleep in then Kona Cafe 9:50am. Pool in the AM and visit Trader Sam's at the Polynesian before Magic Kingdom with FP+ for 7 Dwarfs Mine Train, Jungle Cruise, and BTMR in the evening and watch the parade and fireworks.

2 nights at Animal Kingdom Villas
Thursday:
Early entry to Magic Kingdom. Whispering Canyon Cafe at 12:55pm. Check into Animal Kingdom Villas and use pool. Dinner at quick service at AKV.

Friday: Animal Kingdom at opening. Dinner at Sanaa 5:50pm.

4 nights in a Treehouse Villa at Saratoga Springs
Saturday:
Hollywood Studios at opening. Mama Melrose at 1:10pm. Check into Treehouse Villas. We have an ADR for another first, Turf Club at 6:35pm. We'll have to decide a day or two ahead of time which table service we'll keep this day. We don't need that much food or expense to keep both. Leaning toward Turf Club now but will probably depend on our energy level at this point in our trip!

Sunday: Sleep in day! Day at pool and Downtown Disney. Dinner at Paradiso 37 at 5:20pm.

Monday: Epcot at opening. Chefs de France at 1:30pm. Swim in afternoon.

Tuesday: Magic Kingdom at opening. FP+ for 7 Dwarfs, Anna Elsa, and Splash. Break. Epcot evening with dinner at La Hacienda at 6:30pm (first time) and IllumiNations.

Now a quick update for Jan/Feb...

6 nights at Beach Club
4 nights at Bay Lake
3 nights at Wilderness Lodge

We will visit MK 8 times, HS 3 times, Epcot 3 times, and AK twice. These are mostly half day visits with 2 parks on some days. We'll actually try evening EMH a couple times on this trip but still sticking to our tried and true rope drop strategy most of the time.

Hopefully we'll get ADRs for:

Beaches and Cream dinner
Be Our Guest lunch
Big River Grill and Brewing Company dinner
Liberty Tree Tavern lunch
Sci-Fi Drive in lunch
Garden Grill dinner
Yak and Yeti dinner
Chef Mickey's dinner
Crystal Palace breakfast
'Ohana breakfast
'Ohana dinner
Boatwright's dinner
Whispering Canyon Cafe dinner
Trail's End dinner
Tusker House lunch
Cinderella's Royal Table dinner

A few other things we'll do:
Yeeha Bob
Chip and Dale's Sing-along
Wishes from Top of the World Lounge
Water Parade
Boardwalk
Disney Springs

I do have all this assigned to certain days, but just in case this changes as many times as September's plans did, this will do for now!

Last edited:
I've been working on t-shirts for September's trip too. Remember the plan is 4 outfits each that coordinate/match to make it easy to keep track and do laundry without missing needed items. So far we all have Minion t-shirts. (Well DH and mine are in the mail.) I made Mickey tie dye for all of us and they turned out OK. A couple of the Mickey head's are obscured, but the colors are nice. I will eventually post those pics...although maybe not til the REAL TR! And I tried to make Mickey Head bleach shirts for the kids but the bleach was old and it didn't work at all. I'll give it another try with fresh bleach. Still need one more idea.

Everything looks like it's coming together nicely. The Universal portion of your September trip also looks exciting. My DH and DS6 would like us to fit in Universal for our May trip. We'll see...:).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter