• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

5 Free Nights- where? what type room?

KaterBell

I've been Pugged!
Question!! We chose the 5 free nights at a Deluxe resort as our incentive, to be used before July 2003, of course. :)

Our guide told us we could use them at any resort except the GF (darn it all!) ;) But this means we'll get to stay at a Deluxe Resort that we've never stayed at before!! What a good thing this is!!

My questions -- which resort do you think would be the best to stay at, if you were going to stay for free .... AND - what type of room do you get? Obviously we wouldn't get concierge - but would we be able to ask for , say, Lagoon View at the Poly?

We can't decide between AKL, Poly, and Y&BC.
Thanks guys!

We also chose the free nights stay. You can only get a standard view room which is what we usually stay in anyway. We would have liked to have tried the Poly as we know we'll probably never stay there now that we are DVC owners but it wasn't available for our trip in May. We had misgivings about staying there anyway (older resort, no hot tub, teenagers prefer MGM). So we opted for the BWI which was available and is newer, has 3 hot tubs and closer to MGM. Of course if you have younger kids that prefer the MK, the Poly would be nice as it is on the monorail.

The BC has always been our favorite resort which is why we bought BCV. So if you choose Y&BC you'll have a beautiful resort with a fantastic pool (Stormalong Bay) and a wonderful location within walking distance of two theme parks--MGM and Epcot.

While we love to eat at Boma's at AKL, we are not interested in staying there. We raise beef cattle in the Midwest so we can look out our window and see cattle, deer, horses, etc. anytime. The AKL is also off by itself. We like to be where the action is most of the time. Of course, if we wanted some quiet time during our past stays at the BC, we would just slip off to the quiet pool.

Everyone has their own favorites so my best advice is to decide what is most important to you and go to the resort that best fits your desires.

By the way, welcome home neighbor!

Well, I for one, would reccomend AKL. We stayed there one night in January before our DVC ressie started, and it was wonderful to have all the wild animals right outside our door. I am not sure your ressie would be for a Savanna view though.

How does this incentive work? What do you have to give up to take the 5 free nights and how many points must you buy to get the 5 free nights? Is it the more points you buy the more free nights? Thanks Canadian tom.

Tom,

WHen buying into DVC right now, you have the choice of either taking $5 off per point (so making it a current price of $70/point rather than $75), or you can choose 5 free nights at any Deluxe resort on WDW property. (anywhere but the GF)... You have to buy into DVC as a first timer with a minimum of 150 points... We bought 200 points, so we figured that the free rooms would be great, we could bank our first years points and go free for 5 more days! ;)

Hope that answers your question!

I took the 7 free nights and got Beach Club ressies for 6/30 thru 7/7, to my surprise. Also adding on 5 more nights at BCV for a 2 week stay using only 70 points.

Also going for 2 weeks in Oct for 150 points,

Ya gotta love it.

Have a great week.
RayJay

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter