• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

5 Disney Parks Facts About Yourself

1. I get teary eyed every time watching the opening show at the Magic Kingdom.

2. My favorite park is EPCOT, I love to eat....

3. My husband and I had been to DW a lot of times, but only started staying on site about 4 years ago. (We always assumed it was too expensive)

4. My youngest dd and I have a tradition where she gets a corndog on the Boardwalk each trip and I take a picture of her..

5. I often get so excited about our upcoming trips that I want to talk about it all the time. :goodvibes

FUN!!!

1. When I was little, my parents would alternate vacation years. One year we would go to Disney (it was just the MK then) and then next we would go to a local lake to save money for the next Disney trip.

2. 8 months after we were married, I took my husband to Disney for his very first visit. He fell in love with it. My oldest is my "souvenir" from that trip! :thumbsup2

3. HS is my favorite park. I could sit on Sunset and watch the Citizens of Hollywood all day long. Dorma Nesmond is my soulmate.

4. My favorite resort is Old Key West, but my dream is an adults only stay at The Boardwalk!!!

5. I've done an interactive food video blog the past 2 visits where followers can vote for what I order and I review it. I've got a trip coming in November and will do it again!! Check my signature for details and come join the fun!!!

1. Epcot is my favorite park.
2. I once fell into the rose garden in the Magic Kingdom.
3. In the past 15 years (with the exception of 2 trips) I have always been there
during the F&W festival or Flower & Garden festival.
4. I already have the dishes picked that I want to try at the F&W this year.
5. During Soarin' I always involuntarily pick up my feet when it come to the
part where it looks like it dips near the ocean.

1 first trip to Disneyworld was in 1974 with dh (then boyfriend) our friend took a picture of us on tom sawyer island which we recreated last year.

2 we love disney so much we bought a home in the area which we owned for 6 years.

3 the haunted mansion is my favorite ride and always the last ride of the night.

4 i get teary eyed looking at the castle and watching wishes

5 favorite holiday is halloween and love going to the magic kingdom and get dressed up!

(1) I have been to every Disney park in the world.
(2) I have stayed at all the Disney resorts except the Yacht Club, Art of Animation and Fort Wilderness.
(3) Disneyland is my favorite park. It was my first park when I was a child and (and Walt was still alive :thumbsup2). The Studios in Paris is my least favorite park.
(4) I visited WDW during a hurricane and Disneyland Tokyo during a typhoon.
(5) We have been at Disneyland or Disneyworld for all but two of the last 14 New Year's Eves.
(6) Sorry! One more. A photographer took a number of pictures of my DD playing in the bone yard at AK and had me sign a release. He said the photos would be used to pitch a new program to the PTB for photographers in the parks. She was one of the original kids for Photopass.

1. I have only ever been to one Disney Park, being Disneyland. DCA was in the early stages of construction.

2. I was in Hong Kong on a school trip a few days after HK Disneyland opened but we didn't get to go. There were posters and banners everywhere, just taunting me!

3. The first ride I ever went on was Dumbo, followed by the teacups.

4. I am strongly considering doing the Cultural Exchange Program. I'd absolutely love to work at WDW while getting the chance to live overseas and meet people from all over the world, but I just don't know if I can justify putting off being a grown up for another 6 months,

5. When I left Disneyland, 15 years ago this month, I cried and told my mother that I would bring her back. I'm fulfilling that promise in December!

1. I learned to walk on Disney property, in a Treehouse Villa.

2. Since that trip, I have never been on a "real" Disney vacation- meaning staying the night and visiting the parks. But I have stayed at Coronado Springs and Ft. Wilderness. I live too close to justify the cost.

3. I'm really shy about meeting characters. I think they're adorable but I always feel awkward!

4. I've been countless times, and still have yet to do every ride/show/experience. Still haven't been to MNSSHP or MVMCP. It's my bucket list to do them all.

5. I met and received a personalized drawing from Don "Ducky" Williams when I was a kid :)

1) First WDW vacation was in 1979. DH me and our 2 sons (8 & 4 yrs old).

2) Second visit not until 1988 or 89 with our youngest then a teen.

3) Third 1990 DH & I by ourselves!
this was the last time we visited.

4) DH & I took our Dgs at 6 yrs old on a Disney cruise in 2013

5) We are planning on returning to WDW in the spring this will be Dgs's first time :woohoo: his parents may be invited to come along. ;)

I'm envious of those who live close to the parks and go often. We are a 3 hr flight & $$ from the magic!

1. Magic Kingdom is my favorite park, and seeing the Castle as I walk up Main Street always leaves me breathless.

2. Animal Kingdom is my least favorite park.

3. I did the Princess Half Marathon in 2013 with my 40 yr old sister, she finished, I didn't. I am still proud of my 8 miles though.

4. On that same trip, was the first time I met Aladdin and Jasmine (my fav characters), after trying to meet them on several trips beforehand with no success.

5. I would love to work for Disney, but I have visible tattoos, so I will never be able to. :(

1. I went to WDW for the first time as part of a high school choir trip. Probably would never have made to there otherwise.
2. My husband was there at exactly the same time on a family trip. We didn't know each other then. We met 10 years later.
3. Because of this coincidence, we decided to got to WDW for our honeymoon.
4. We have been 8 times since then.
5. Sadly, we probably won't go again because of fastpass plus. Just too rigid for us. We prefer to hold on to our memories of carefree trips from the past.

1. My first visit to WDW was in Feb. 1972. I was 11. We stayed at the Contemporary Hotel in the North Wing. There was an entire section on the WDW opening that the Tampa Tribune published in October that I read hundreds of times before that February trip.

2. I grew up about 90 minutes from WDW. I've lost count of how often I've been.

3. I worked at the Ticket and Transportiation Center one Spring Break when I was in college. They literally trained me for 3 days to work another 5 days. I loved Disney University! Very cool experience, going up in the offices on Main Street and down below to the employee cafeteria.

4. The person I was dating told me Disney "was just for kids" and "why would you go there." I considered dumping him, but decided to try and convert him instead. We've been married 26 years now. :lovestruc:

5. Aforementioned onetime Disney hater bought DVC, and he considers it one of the best purchases we every made.

1. First visit was in 1972 with my family. Stayed at the Polynesian Village Resort and I said to myself (at 13 years old) that I would have my honeymoon there.

2. 1979 had our honeymoon at the Poly (Lagoon view room was only $65 per night)!!!

3. Visited WDW over 40 times over the years.

4. Love RNR (fav all time ride), BTMRR, EE and enjoy all the rides/attractions. Love just browsing through all the shops.

5. Most recent visit was in August and did not really like SDMT or Be Our Guest for lunch (the two things I was most looking forward to).

MJ

1) I have been to Disneyland more than 30 times. WDW 3 times and counting.

2) I proposed to my wife at Snow White's Wishing Well at DL. I had a glass slipper waiting for her at the wishing well when she walked up with her family and I surprised her.

3) Our family has two of the personalized pavers/bricks at Disneyland.

4) When I was a little kid, I once found a wallet full of money on the old motor boat ride. I found the owner of it who was freaking out.

5) We were the second family to "officially" ride on the Winnie The Pooh Ride when it opened at DL (the family in front of us did a dead sprint to the ride and then they got pulled to the side to take pictures, etc).

1. I've been to both DL and WDW multiple times---but I was 34 the first time!

2. I prefer riding PotC at WDW. Fewer "drops"

3. I have never been on Soarin'

4. I would stay at the DL hotel instead of any hotel at WDW. It "feels" more like Disney to me.

5. I had a panic attack when I went to Test Track for the first time. :lmao: I couldn't get on the ride, I was having trouble breathing.

1. I hate Epcot.
2. I've gotten there by train, plane, and automobile.
3. My favorite ride is tied between BTMRR, Splash Mountain, and Tower of Terror.
4. I've gone with my uncle, wife, children, and in-laws, but never with my parents.
5. My family has been Magic Kingdom Family of the Day ... twice.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter