5 adults, one room?

- Art of Animation (bed, murphy bed, sofa bed, 2 baths)
- Wilderness Cabin (bed, murphy, bunk beds, 1 bath)
- Contemporary (2 beds, daybed, 1 bath)/ Polynesian
- Animal Kingdom Kidani 1bdrm (beds, sofa bed, chair bed, 2 baths)
- Other Villas

If staying at a deluxe/villa isn't important or in the budget, I agree with others - get 2 rooms at a value or moderate. Sharing a bathroom/changing area with more than two adults gets really annoying really quickly when you're all on the same schedule - so I'd try to get two bathrooms if possible.

We have 5 Adults travel every time we go now and are just fine. My husband and I are up first and shower and then the rest follow. We stay in the resorts that offer the daybeds and have the vanity outside of the bathroom so two could get ready while one was in the shower. Last time we stayed at the Beach Club. But before that we stayed at the Contemporary and Boardwalk. We had no problem with the bathroom situation at all. Just figure out when each of you want the shower. We travel with my daughter, her friend, my son, my husband and myself. All over the age of 21. :)

I agree with MickeyNut1, both Poly & CR have the largest rooms. Or I'd go with 2 rooms at a moderate or value resort. With the charge for 3 extra adults at a deluxe resort, you may be better off with 2 rooms at a moderate or value. And you'd have 2 bathrooms.

If you want a regular room (not a villa), I'd go with one of the monorail resorts as those rooms are among the largest of the deluxe resorts. Also, all rooms at the Poly and CR come with a daybed, with most at the GF having one (there are only a few that don't). The Epcot resorts are nice, but we found our room at the BC to be considerably smaller than at the Poly and GF and a daybed would only be a request at the BC and YC (not sure about BWI). Parties of 5 are usually given preference for those rooms, but it is not a guarantee (although a rollaway would be provided). Good luck.

Absolutely agree! Monorail resorts would Be the best if you go with one room. This way you do get a deluxe resort. CL might be worth considering for a group of 5. Breakfast alone might be worth the up charge.

If looking at 2 rooms in a mod then POFQ would be nice. The resort is small with only one bus stop. Very popular! This arrangement would give 2 bathrooms, which, while not necessary, would be nice. Also, the small resort reduces how far apart your rooms could be situated. Alternatively, you could book preferred rooms at CSR or POR.

You can't have 5 adults in a POR murphy bed room.

Your only choice would be a suite/villa of some sort or a Deluxe that has two queens and a daybed. I would fo for two rooms at a Value. It's probably the more cost effective option, and it gives you two bathrooms and 4 beds.

S&D can rent a cot for $25-great location.

Rollaway standing (one queen in mirror, minifridge in doors):

WDW2012-4154-1.jpg

Balcony:

cc90b2f3-c844-4024-abc8-e3c325f68abb.jpg

Zoomed balcony view:

a72f48b0-f1fe-4dd2-9a8b-28d513db6cbd.jpg

never there are some adults that snore and others would be mortified with mine so even my kids wont sleep in the same hotel room unless theres another sleep area with a door of some sort

A less expensive option may be to get two value rooms. You can get those for much less than one deluxe. That would give you four beds and two bathrooms to play with.

Isn't there an addtl per night charge, per adult when you have more than 2 adults in the room? So, there would be an addlt charge for 3 people, right?

In regular rooms yes, but suites and villas do not charge you for extra adults.

I actually would have no problem with this arrangement, we are a cozy family I guess! We don't spend much time in the room, but location is important to us so I would recommend either Yacht/Beach or the Poly. For about the same price you should be able to get more space at Old Key West or Saratoga springs, but the location won't be as desirable.

:thumbsup2

But you are all blood related (well, except you and your DH, but you get what I mean) and 3 are children...not the same as 5 adults

You say sleeping and showering. The problem is that 5 people using the shower and the toilet and needing a private place to change is hard.

Change in the bathroom?

I would see no problem with sharing a room like this - and we have, actually. 7 of us. In an Embassy Suites room (1 bathroom). 4 adults, 3 kids. No issues, what so ever. 1 king bed (that me, DH, and our 2 kids slept in) and a pull out in the "living room" that my SIL/BIL/niece slept on.

We did five adults in one room at the Poly last summer. We had a blast and everyone still got along by the end of the week. It was me, DH, DD18, DS 25 and his fiancé 24. We stayed club level and having a bathroom on the third floor lounge area was a plus. Everyone kind of needed to keep their stuff organized, but we had the best time.

Thanks so much for all the information. We def don't mind sharing a room as I'll have 2 Marines with me that have bunked in way worse than a Disney resort room! The girls on the other hand have to listen to the snoring! It's all good!
Thanks again for all the ideas for me to explore!

Mrs K said:
We did five adults in one room at the Poly last summer. We had a blast and everyone still got along by the end of the week. It was me, DH, DD18, DS 25 and his fiancé 24. We stayed club level and having a bathroom on the third floor lounge area was a plus. Everyone kind of needed to keep their stuff organized, but we had the best time.

We stayed with my ILs and nearly 3 year old in a room in AKL...it was a great vacation. Being at a deluxe with a lobby was great. It was nice to go with grandparents. It was the only way to afford deluxe.

That being said, 2 value rooms would be cheaper than deluxe. If we travelled with other adults again, I would choose 2 value rooms.

My family squeezed 5 adults in one room at the Beach Club resort. I was lucky and got the day bed. It was very comfortable. We were fine and survived the week. I do not remember spending much time in the room. We were just there to sleep. There are public bathrooms in the hotel if someone gets desperate...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter