• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

5/5/2013 "Cinco de Mayo 2013 Cruisers Party on the Dream!"

How many of you are dressing up for pirate night? It's funny when you look at DCL website about Pirate night it does not say anything about dressing up. But when I look at other forms I hear everyone does dress up.

We're not planning on it. The only ones I had seen do this before were some of the kids (but this was on a 2 days cruise)

We had a lot of fun making our FE :goodvibes
Is Darrien a boy or girl? I only ask because I have a grandson named Darien - and a niece named Darien...thanks!

No problem, Darrien is my son. Still trying to figure out how to make this no sew FE, ugh!! Running out of days.

No problem, Darrien is my son. Still trying to figure out how to make this no sew FE, ugh!! Running out of days.

try this

As for directions:

I measured out and cut up a brown paper grocery bag 24" x 8" (with the duct tape edging it's a little over, now 8 1/4" across, hope it fits!)
Covered it from top to bottom with white strips of DT overlapping slightly
The pockets are 5 1/2"(L) x 6"(W). I made them by overlapping white strips, back to back. However, now that I think about it, you could also use a paper bag and just cover it the same way. I then used the zebra tape over top of the white. I like the pattern since it doesn't show the lines of the strips of tape. Then put on the decals.
To attach the pockets simply rip strips of white DT and attach the right, left, and bottom sides of the pocket. I overlapped the zebra by 1/4 inch. I didn't attach it flat, but tried to puff it out a bit to make more of a pocket that could hold bulkier items so I attached the left side, then moved the right side in slightly and attached, then the bottom.
Then I edged it with the red DT.
To make the "string" I ripped off a really long strip of red, folded it over length wise several times and attached to the back, again using more DT.

There are several little imperfections. If I made it again, I would measure it out to make sure the pockets are evenly spaced, I just eyeballed these. And I would leave the strips I used to attach the pockets full width, these I cut in half.

This is what we did for our FE extender

How many of you are dressing up for pirate night? It's funny when you look at DCL website about Pirate night it does not say anything about dressing up. But when I look at other forms I hear everyone does dress up.

Does anybody know what night pirate night is? It's not showing up on my itinerary.

Yes we will be dressing up. I wouldn't say everyone dresses up, but a good percentage do.

Just letting everyone know me and my family will be leaving for Florida early on May 3rd so if anyone needs to contact me, the best way would be by email since i will be checking the boards via my cell phone. I dont know for sure if i can post via a cell phone or not.

email address is grad201182@yahoo.com

We have a little of 2 weeks till we set sail.

Hope everyone is having a fun time getting ready and getting the goodies bag done

Sarah :cool1::cool1::cool1:

Does anybody know what night pirate night is? It's not showing up on my itinerary.

Yes we will be dressing up. I wouldn't say everyone dresses up, but a good percentage do.

I called DCL 3 months ago and was told Pirate Night was on Night 3.

For pirate night, we adults are wearing our pirate t-shirts. The DGD's both have a pirate outfit, and we'll be bringing princess gowns as well :goodvibes
The next 2 weeks will fly by, I am sure! I have begun packing - so excited!!!
We leave on May 3rd, only 9 work days left! :hyper:

That's awesome Sarah!!! :thumbsup2

I am FRANTICALLY trying to get my FE together...spent so much time on the gifties, sorta procrastinated on putting the FE together...just a WEE bit important ;)

Is it bad that I go through withdrawals of working on my FE while at work??! I have so many important things to do this week ;)

We are definitely dressing up for pirate night! We are so excited. Whoop whoop!!

hi, for our wedding day we are hoping that a staff member will be able to hold our video camera at the wedding as it will only be the 2 of us
but just wondered if there is no staff member to hold our camera if anyone was free and wouldn't mind holding our camera for around 20 minutes at 4pm on the day we are Nassau,
I don't expect anyone to do this as I understand everyone will be busy doing something else but just thought i'd ask but fingers crossed there will be a member of staff to do this for us as we aren't able to find this out till we meet our co-ordinator on the ship,
cant believe it is nearly here I cant wait now, ive made all the fe gifts now and labelled them all up and hope to pack everything this Saturday,

My husband just sent me this link to something on cruise critic (have not posted enough to put in links, so you may need to copy and paste):
cruisecritic.com/news/news.cfm?ID=5326

April 23, 2013

Disney Cruise Line Ups Policy on Door Decorations

(3:50 p.m. EDT) -- Disney Cruise Line passengers could end up paying a $100 penalty for violating the line's policy on cabin door decorations.

The company requires all passengers refrain from using any type of adhesive (including removable gel adhesives) or over-the-door hanging organizers on cabin doors. Passengers may only use magnetic decorations.

According to Disney, both fixtures cause damage to the appearance and overall condition of the doors.

Cruise Critic first learned of the new penalty from olszie, who posted the letter on the Cruise Critics boards.

Disney's Media Relations Manager, Jacqueline Lorenzetti, told Cruise Critic any passengers seen with a nonmagnetic decoration will be reminded of the policy. If the decorations are not removed, the cabin occupant faces a $100 fee to cover the cost of repairs.

Letters containing this message will be available in all cabins. Magnetic door decorations can be purchased onboard in merchandise areas and at guest services.

--by Gina Kramer, Associate Editor

this message has been ciculating on the disboards for sometime now....as long as you are only using magnets on whatever you place on your door and not tape or adhesives you are fine. Anyone thinking of over the door shoe holders for in the room, they are not allowed.FE are fine, they are only hung off the fish!

Everyone Excited??
My family only has 6 more sleeps to go before we leave!
How many does yours have?

So someone once again posted about theft on their recent Disney cruise :( so sad...

I just wanted to let all of you know how many times I'll be visiting your FEs. Gifties for adults and kids on 2 days during the cruise - likely Evening of Day 1 and Day 3 (day at sea). You'll know they're from me...all the tags and packaging look the same.

That being said, I just watched my box get taken to the UPS truck for a Monday delivery at my resort...OMG WE'RE ALMOST THERE!!!

this message has been ciculating on the disboards for sometime now....as long as you are only using magnets on whatever you place on your door and not tape or adhesives you are fine. Anyone thinking of over the door shoe holders for in the room, they are not allowed.FE are fine, they are only hung off the fish!

Everyone Excited??

We are leaving early on May 3rd since we are about 19 hours from the port.

Everyone Excited??

10 more sleeps for our group! :yay:

I just wanted to let all of you know how many times I'll be visiting your FEs. Gifties for adults and kids on 2 days during the cruise - likely Evening of Day 1 and Day 3 (day at sea). You'll know they're from me...all the tags and packaging look the same.

That being said, I just watched my box get taken to the UPS truck for a Monday delivery at my resort...OMG WE'RE ALMOST THERE!!!

Yes we are - yeah! I'm planning on delivering our goodie bags the first evening and early the next morning. I've got labels that say they are from our cabin and our daughter's family cabin. Still trying to figure out how to pack and transport them to the ship! LOL I can just envision us trying to get on the ship - with a 1 yr old with her stroller and all the other baby necessities, a super excited 6 yr old with her costumes etc - plus our suitcases, bags, AND FE gifts...oh my what a sight we'll be! :rotfl:

hi, for our wedding day we are hoping that a staff member will be able to hold our video camera at the wedding as it will only be the 2 of us
but just wondered if there is no staff member to hold our camera if anyone was free and wouldn't mind holding our camera for around 20 minutes at 4pm on the day we are Nassau,
I don't expect anyone to do this as I understand everyone will be busy doing something else but just thought i'd ask but fingers crossed there will be a member of staff to do this for us as we aren't able to find this out till we meet our co-ordinator on the ship,
cant believe it is nearly here I cant wait now, ive made all the fe gifts now and labelled them all up and hope to pack everything this Saturday,

That's kind of bad that they can't tell you ahead of time if there will be someone there to do your video camera - that's an important part of a wedding, in my opinion! Have you posted on the board to see if anyone else that had a ship wedding knows if someone is usually available?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter