5/27/06 "Il pochi il fiero i blabbermouths" We *will* sail again Part 10

Status
Not open for further replies.
justmestace said:
Hey...just because all the bars in my closet have collapsed.......and I have started to hang things in the guest house closet....and I hang things in the laundry room...and I hang things on a portable clothes hanger-thingy......
Doesn't mean I have too many clothes......it just means......what does it mean...oh crud, I can't come up with a good excuse.......

You guys both missed my point. Angie said that Ashley didn't need any clothes.....just like Stacey doesn't wear a bathing suit....

ok, nevermind! :)

Well, tonight was our big pack night.....we were going to get it all done!

Then it got to be 8:15 and we decided not to. Mike is off tomorrow morning and Wednesday afternoon....so we'll do it then....hopefully!

Mike is getting over some sore throat viral thing....but unfortunately he gave it to me. Luckily his only lasted a couple of days. I should be rarin' to go by vacation time! :)

CajunGirl2 said:
Julia, how was the batmitzvah (hope I didn't misspell that)? Did y'all have a good trip? Do the kids know about the cruise yet?

Ang

The Bat Mitzvah was great, nice to see all the family again. They must have spent a small fortune on it. We went to Synagogue on Friday night and then they had about 80 close friends and out of towners for dinner in the ballroom there.
Saturday morning was synagogue again at 9.15, it was a long service as it was graduation from hebrew school for the 12th graders, there was a baby naming and also some 11th and 12th graders that just did the walk of the living who spoke about there experiences and had us in tears, the Rabbi's speach was really sad, he was crying as a 16yr old congregation member was killed in a suicide bombing in Israel last week and they had the funeral this week.
They then had a buffet lunch for the whole congregation +1 300
We went to Sawgrass Mall in the afternoon and met Tarryns 3rd grade teacher who just moved to Weston 2 weeks ago, we never told Tarryn and when she saw her walking towards us her mouth dropped open and she started crying.
The dinner dance was at 7.30, it was at another huge synagogue and the ballroom was decorated like an enchanted castle, the dancing went on till 12.30am and we left ther around 1am exhausted after barely sitting down.
Brunch on Sunday was at there house around the pool and then it was the trip home.

Does anyone watch Apprentice?

"The cast of Dynasty called....they want their shoulder pads back."

:lmao: :rotfl: :rotfl2: :lmao:

Best......line....ever!

ohiominnie said:
Well, tonight was our big pack night.....we were going to get it all done!

Then it got to be 8:15 and we decided not to. Mike is off tomorrow morning and Wednesday afternoon....so we'll do it then....hopefully!

Mike is getting over some sore throat viral thing....but unfortunately he gave it to me. Luckily his only lasted a couple of days. I should be rarin' to go by vacation time! :)

Now how did he give you that :teeth: :teeth: :teeth:

ohiominnie said:
You guys both missed my point. Angie said that Ashley didn't need any clothes.....just like Stacey doesn't wear a bathing suit....

ok, nevermind! :)

1. I'm blonde.

2. I'm old.

3. I'm exhausted.

4. It's Monday.

5. I'm going on a cruise in 5 days, what do you expect from me???

So we had a funny Disney experience

Last Wednesday night I decided we were spending Thursday night in Orlando and I was booking a hotel which I never do, knowing we were arriving late and leaving early I booked the All Star resort, we checked in and went to the room, Tarryn opened the door and closed it and said there's people stuff in the room, I opened the door and there was all there disney shopping bags etc on the bed. Went to check in and they gave us a new room so we went there opened the door and the beds were not made, dirty towels on the floor etc. Called check in and they said wait there and they will bring us keys for a new room, 40 minutes later no one was there so I went back to check in and got a new room. Third time was the charm!!!!! :teeth:

Stacey....

Kel says "Thanks for the b-day wishes"!

Dave is now packed. Fran has all her clothes laid out (for Dave to pack) :cool1:

He'll pack the kids tomorrow night......... ;)

We just might make it!

My report cards are done! :banana:

WOW! You people were chatty today! :surfweb:
Fran
:teacher:

mickeymo said:
The internet went down again this morning - it's amazing how much I accomplished without the lure of the computer...Now I'm really supposed to be cleaning upstairs. I'm dusting the keyboard as I type... :lmao:

Ya know, that's starting to sound like a trend...maybe someone is sabbataging you in the morning so you do work instead of play on the DIS. I'd check that out if I were you. Sounds fishy on this end. ;)

Mark - that is awesome......

Adam - thanks for the update.... Hope your mom gets well quickly.....

Been a busy few days - had to go to a Hospital Board of Directors retreat at the Homestead in Virginia on Friday/Saturday/Sunday - Sunday I got up early and drove back to Charleston to fly to DC for a meeting. Sitting here in DC trying to catch up on email and work - I fly out tomorrow afternoon to head back to work tomorrow at 5pm.... Fun Fun....

I am so ready for the cruise.....

Safe travels all that are traveling....

Be back later....

Stacey - package arrived.......Will try and call you Friday night when we get in .....

Virgil
pirate:

I'm kicking myself....really hard.

So, instead of packing, we decide to watch a movie. I figured I'd cross stitch a bit and listen to the movie. Mid movie I decide to check my email. So I leave it unattended. I even LOOKED at the string hanging from the frame, but thought "oh, it's right next to Mike's head....if the cat is bothering it, Mike will notice and shoo him away."

But alas, I'm gone less than 10 minutes and I come back in the living room after I hear Nick yelling that the cat has something.

Sure enough. The dangling string AND the needle are gone. We have searched the cat's path that he took on his escape and we cannot find the needle.

So looks like Mowana is off to the vet tomorrow to get irradiated. Grrrrrrrrr.

Do NOT google "cat swallows needle." You will get page after pageof stories about cats that died, or at the minimum required surgery. Grrrrr again.

I'm so mad at myself. :furious:

cruddy U TOP.

pixiedust: pdfg and susan and mowana

Good evening all - latest update at our house is that we are all packed and ready to go. Just toiletries left to pack. Can't believe it. Well, I didn't go for my manicure/pedicure today so I got all that packing out of the way so I don't have to do it on Wednesday. We have 6 bags to pack. One of them being the cooler. I thought I would be able to get away with a lot less baggage, but I guess not. I know, I probably won't wear 1/2 of the stuff, but give me a break - I'm a newbie at cruising.

Well, it's late and I have to take my FIL to the doctor's tomorrow which turns out to be a whole day affair. It's at the VA hospital and things don't move very quickly there. Wish me luck...

Chow for now...

Stacey - if I'm awake later I'll give you a holler!!!!

Mark- that is so awesome! I'm with whoever said- is it too late to upgrade to a suite? HAHA :rotfl2:

Hey everyone- am I the only one that occasionally has little panic attacks that the time is coming upon us soon? I try to just put it out of my mind when that happens. :lmao: We have 2 full days to get everything done- and then we're heading out very early Thurs morning! (well we have to leave the house very early- the flight isn't really until 8:15am- but it's a long drive and we have to park and get there early too ofcourse!) I'm sure I'll be up all Wed night. That's usually how it goes for me- and I'm not a morning person anyway. Even if I tried to sleep I'd probably get everything done and try to lay down like an hour before the time I'd need to wake everyone up. Not going to even bother. I'll sleep on the plain, as I'm sure the kids will too. LOL

I've been making mega lists and working on them hard. I just have one more kid's haircut (can't get them all done at once since I'm working those in between school and their other activities in the afternoons/evenings), a few more things to purchase because OFCOURSE my eldest has outgrown the capris, skirts and shorts I bought for her for the cruise just 5wks ago- my youngest ripped her sandals (don't ask- they weren't even old!) that goes with the majority of her dresses, she also ripped her shoelaces on her tennis shoes (also not old- I think her big sister has just been pulling on them hard whenever she "helps" get the youngest's shoes on in the morning), and a few other things we need to grab.

We did buy some crocs at a local family nutrition store! WAY cool that they are selling them now and have such a huge selection- and cheaper than I've seen them online! (no, they aren't knock-offs either LOL) Do any MEN wear the crocs? Answer now please so I can talk DH into getting some tomorrow. LOL He thinks men won't be wearing these when obviously they do or they wouldn't have a huge section of mens crocs at the store- right? I think he's going to get blisters from wearing his sandals that he only occasionally wears at home for short periods of time. He thinks he'll look stupid and be the only man wearing crocs! ugh

Anyway, few more things to do, to buy and I'm washing clothes and seperating them (things to take on cruise) as I go. I'll pack everything up last minute as I always do- works better for me that way. LOL

I wish I could find that "tips" or list thing I remember seeing like a year ago- a list of things to take with you. I'm sure I'm going to forget something just toally "necessary" and regret it. LOL

WVMD said:
Stacey - package arrived.......Will try and call you Friday night when we get in .....

Virgil
pirate:

What time do you get in? I'll keep my cell phone on, so I can run down to baggage claim and say hi! Pony Express is coming your way!! Do not open in front of Lauren. ;) ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter