5/27/06 "Il pochi il fiero i blabbermouths" We *will* sail again Part 10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mary, that's a great post to wake up to this morning!

Today's the day that my planning/packing kicks into high gear. I have a to-do list as long as my arm, but need to add a few things to it. Erin and I are hitting WalMart, Target, BB&B and the mall, and then I'm going to start pulling out all the clothes that we won't need between now and when we sail (more formal stuff). Erin's pile should be 50% done by the end of the day.

One tip I'll pass on (although I'm sure you've all thought of this to some extent)... We wind up with three suitcases on these trips - one that carry one with us and two house-size ones. I always split our stuff between them so we don't have our "own" bags. My ultimate fear is that one of our bags won't make it to our destination (just don't trust the airlines sometimes), and this way, we'll all be missing something, but will still all have something to wear.

OK, off to shower, get some coffee flowing through my veins and get this day started!

Happy Sunday, all! Next time we say that, we'll all be on board!

--Samantha

Samantha - we do the same thing. There isn't one bag for Mark and one for me. We have one large garment bag which has most of the nighttime stuff and then a large suitcase that has everything else. Plus since we are flying down the day before we have some clothes in the rollaway as well. We've been very lucky and never had anything go missing but you can never be sure.

justmestace said:
Otherwise, I'm doing great. How's everyone else??

You up again, Maria??

Actually, I was. I took a look at the boards, but decided to go to bed or I would be awake way too long. AJ has a baseball game this morning at 8:30am. Yuck!!! But, I'm stopping at Dunkin Donuts and stocking up for the team. Lots of coffee for more than 1 reason. It's COLD here this morning. MY HEAT WENT ON!! It's 47 degrees at 7:30 this morning. :coffee: :cold:

ADAM,

Tell your mom I'm so sorry we'll miss her on the cruise. We're praying here that she has a speedy recovery. I hope that you and your brother will still be able to join us!!

God bless!!!

Ok, packing for daughter and youngest son--done :thumbsup2

packing for DH--almost done. :)

packing for me and eldest son-- :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

I spent all day yesterday in Mobile for nephew's bday. It was a lot of fun. I had planned on going shopping at the mall and Target before heading home, but we didn't get out of the pool until after 6pm and my youngest (a4) and I still had a little over an hour's drive home, plus stop for dinner. There was absolutely no way I could get that boy in a mall without him having him have a complete meltdown!

Oh well, there is always next week, right?

Monday is out.. class swim parties for ODS and DD. (poor YDS, no fun for him)

Tuesday--good day to get stuff done.

Wednesday-- finish packing. Hair appt for me.

Thursday-- FREAK OUT DAY!!! ('cause i prob will still be packing and washing clothes!!!!!!!) Oh yeah, YDS will be home at NOON!

Friday--LEAVE!! WOOHOO!! :cool1:

(yes, I know that there is not much on this schedule compared to many of you, but I am already in vacation mode. My school ended on Friday. I am ready to relax!) :wave2:

Andrew (YDS) just woke up and realized that we are here by ourselves. DB and DS spent the night out. He is sooo upset. :sad: :sad:

Of course it didn't help that the phone woke him up. Must remember to fuss at DH when he gets home! :)

Today we have beach parties. Matt has a birthday party on the beach and we have another party at the same park. He is thrilled to know his dad will be at the same park and wearing a Speedo at the same park as all his school friends are.

This does give us a chance to break in our DIS bag. It's packed and ready to go to the beach. I like the little cooler in the bottom. To bad they don't allow adult beverages on the beach. :rotfl2:

justmestace said:
:dancer: :dancer: :woohoo: :woohoo: :cheer2: princess: princess:

Way to steal the show, Kevin and Alicia!!! There WILL be a video to watch on the ship, won't there??

If not, I'm thinkin' TALENT SHOW!!!

D....Tuesday....down time....maybe???:goodvibes

No, that wouldn't work. It was actually a very simple skit. But you know K&A mined it for comedy gold. There were six fathers and daughters, with Alicia the oldest. The girls danced out and around their Daddies (who were reading and acting bored, waiting for them to get out of dance class), then the girls tricked the Dads and stole their seats, made up, sat on Dad's lap (where Kevin pretended to dump Alicia), girls dance a little, then did a little swing step together (very simple, the other Dads couldn't do it), and some more hugging etc. And this won a huge ovation, go figure.

Another number the audience really got into was the over 50 tap class. About 30 ladies took the stage, some way over 50 and having a great time. The audience loved it. They also loved the little Popcorn ball girls, dressed in fluffy yellow and white dresses and peeking out from behind huge popcorn boxes.

Alicia's numbers included tap to the Pink Panther theme, a hip hop multi-class routine with a James Bond theme, a ballet to Breakfast at Tiffany's, and a Chorus Line audition scene. There were more, but you get the picture. And there were some great numbers by younger classes that did super, like ballets to Phantom of the Opera, the Muppet Rainbow theme, Pocahontas theme, a bunch of chimney sweeps dancing to Step in Time, and a whole class of tapping Charlie Chaplins, complete with tails, bowlers, and mustaches. The opening number featured cameos with Shirley Temple, Charlie Chaplin, Fred & Ginger, and then the older girls coming up the aisles with flashlights, dressed as ushers. Music was "Let's Go to the Movies", and I was having lots of deja vu. Very Disney-esque.

I've been to a lot of recitals, and this was the best! I'll bet the studio director is already worrying about topping it with the next one in two years! OK, off to packing.

WDWLVR said:
Samantha - we do the same thing. There isn't one bag for Mark and one for me. We have one large garment bag which has most of the nighttime stuff and then a large suitcase that has everything else. Plus since we are flying down the day before we have some clothes in the rollaway as well. We've been very lucky and never had anything go missing but you can never be sure.

I am so jealous of you right now. We have about four suitcases sitting out and I'm afraid it won't all fit. The teen can fill at least two by herself, and I think Kevin already has at least two filled. Andthen there's the garment bag. And I haven't even started on the pre-cruise clothes and all the toiletries. Hey, it's time to get boarding passes.

Angie, you can't go in REI and NOT spend a lot of money. They have really neat stuff, but it sure costs a lot.

And Ashley might surprise you. I know there were some parents of little ones last night that were very surprised at how much their kiddo loved being up on that stage. I felt like saying "run, run away, as fast as you can!"

But also sad to realize that we only have one more recital to go.

Dancind said:
No, that wouldn't work. It was actually a very simple skit. But you know K&A mined it for comedy gold. There were six fathers and daughters, with Alicia the oldest. The girls danced out and around their Daddies (who were reading and acting bored, waiting for them to get out of dance class), then the girls tricked the Dads and stole their seats, made up, sat on Dad's lap (where Kevin pretended to dump Alicia), girls dance a little, then did a little swing step together (very simple, the other Dads couldn't do it), and some more hugging etc. And this won a huge ovation, go figure.

Another number the audience really got into was the over 50 tap class. About 30 ladies took the stage, some way over 50 and having a great time. The audience loved it. They also loved the little Popcorn ball girls, dressed in fluffy yellow and white dresses and peeking out from behind huge popcorn boxes.

Alicia's numbers included tap to the Pink Panther theme, a hip hop multi-class routine with a James Bond theme, a ballet to Breakfast at Tiffany's, and a Chorus Line audition scene. There were more, but you get the picture. And there were some great numbers by younger classes that did super, like ballets to Phantom of the Opera, the Muppet Rainbow theme, Pocahontas theme, a bunch of chimney sweeps dancing to Step in Time, and a whole class of tapping Charlie Chaplins, complete with tails, bowlers, and mustaches. The opening number featured cameos with Shirley Temple, Charlie Chaplin, Fred & Ginger, and then the older girls coming up the aisles with flashlights, dressed as ushers. Music was "Let's Go to the Movies", and I was having lots of deja vu. Very Disney-esque.

I've been to a lot of recitals, and this was the best! I'll bet the studio director is already worrying about topping it with the next one in two years! OK, off to packing.

Wow. I would have paid big bucks to see that show! It sounds like the whole thing was marvelous.

U-T.O.P. with Diana and the dancers!
:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

pixiedust:pdfg

WDWLVR said:

I never did switch Jared's suitcase over last night. I just ached too much. I'll do it eventually.
But I was laying in bed thinking that what I am going to do is get out a small, rolling carry-on and put our clothes in it that we will need first thing. At least then I won't have to worry about the first night, and our toiletries that we'll need then and at the Hyatt.
The bad part is that Jay and I are already pulling carry-ons, so I'll have to make one of the kids pull this one. They aren't as good about being pack mules as the Scuba Kids.

When I was packing Jay and Jared's bags, I realized I had forgotten an EXCELLENT PACKING TIP.....and I am sorry, but most likely it's too late to help anyone.

I have two Pack-It Systems for the guys' shirts. They're from Eagle Creek. You lay the shirt flat out, place a small "board" at the back neck of the shirt and fold the sleeves in, then fold the back of the shirt up, and place it into a nice pouch kind of thing that velcros shut. All the shirts stay folded neatly. Probably the best invention anyone has come up with for a crappy folder like me.

gptmba said:
Ok, packing for daughter and youngest son--done :thumbsup2

packing for DH--almost done. :)

packing for me and eldest son-- :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

I spent all day yesterday in Mobile for nephew's bday. It was a lot of fun. I had planned on going shopping at the mall and Target before heading home, but we didn't get out of the pool until after 6pm and my youngest (a4) and I still had a little over an hour's drive home, plus stop for dinner. There was absolutely no way I could get that boy in a mall without him having him have a complete meltdown!

Oh well, there is always next week, right?

Monday is out.. class swim parties for ODS and DD. (poor YDS, no fun for him)

Tuesday--good day to get stuff done.

Wednesday-- finish packing. Hair appt for me.

Thursday-- FREAK OUT DAY!!! ('cause i prob will still be packing and washing clothes!!!!!!!) Oh yeah, YDS will be home at NOON!

Friday--LEAVE!! WOOHOO!! :cool1:

(yes, I know that there is not much on this schedule compared to many of you, but I am already in vacation mode. My school ended on Friday. I am ready to relax!) :wave2:

I forgot.....I was going to say, my stuff isn't all that important....ball games, a little work at the office...but it's all still things that we need to do, when we could be (when we NEED to be) packing and getting ready to go.
Busy is busy....and we ARE running out of time. Don't sell yourself short!

I'm back from my pedicure and have a beautiful California Rasberry color on my toes. This is all so new to me as this is only my 2nd pedicure ever (the first was before the Member Cruise last year). So one more thing to check off the cruise list.

justmestace said:
No problem!

Well....the "package watch" is on again. I went online to JC Penney and ordered a pair of pants for Jared. Paid extra for rush delivery...should be here Tuesday. Now watch, they either won't come, or they won't fit. :sad2:

I just couldn't go back to Target again. Besides, I don't need another job.
good luck, we just got back from church and now I am going to start packing. I feel so behind.

The Internet has been down at our house for two days... :badpc: :badpc: :badpc: :badpc:

Now trying to catch up.. before it goes down again...:cheer2:

Prayers and Pixie Dust for Susan and her family!!! :grouphug:

Thanks for letting us know and keep us updated when you can!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter