5/27/06 "Il pochi il fiero i blabbermouths" We *will* sail again Part 10

Status
Not open for further replies.
justmestace said:
:rotfl: :rotfl:

And thanks for letting me know that I wasn't the only Mom feeling "neglected" today!
You are very welcome. I never did get anything. but tahts okay I told them not to get my anything I will make up for it on the trip:teeth:

CajunGirl2 said:
I was awakened by Emily at the same time! She was complaining of a stomach ache & headache... she didn't have fever. I gave her Motrin & told her to go back to sleep. Hope she makes it all day at school today. If I didn't have my appt. today, I may have kept her home.

Ang
Strange..Taylor woke me up at about midnight saying she did not feel well! Thank God she made it to the toilet!

Hi folks - gosh take some time off to earn some money for cuising and I come back to a TREATISE of posts....WOW....

We are getting some well needed rain....and I hope the North East is not...

as to cruise plans today....nothing yet done on the list......Take care all - I will start reading backwards now...

kikipug said:
Now remember... the finale tonight will be delayed because W. is speaking at 8PM (Eastern time)... how DARE he!!! Love the man dearly, support him 100%, but DON'T interfere with the finale of GA!!!!!!!

PS... Izzie is an idiot.

:thumbsup2 :thumbsup2

BibbidyBobbidyBoo said:
Personally I think the uniform dress code is needed just as much in highschool as it is in middle school, if not more so. Just my opinion though.

My kids are in elementary school and have worn uniforms since preschool. We still have several years left in uniforms.

Ps. next size up doesn't always work for older children.
When I found Old Navy (boys) jeans that fit my eldest in size 8- I bought about 10prs of size 10... learned my lesson the hard way there- she shot right past size 10 before ever getting to wear them. By the time they fit her in the butt/thighs/waist- they were too short for her.

I agree, and luckily my daughter and youngest son can be bought for that way. Not DSa10.

I hope your other does grow into them!

Dancind said:
A little worried about Elvis, our cat. He's going on a year now with a heart condition, he's been hanging in there. He had a bad spell last week, and we thought we were going to lose him. But he rallied, he's eating again, and being annoying again (which means he feels better). He can't stand being alone, and he can't eat hard food anymore. We have a housesitter, and I hope she's here every night because he needs fresh food and a lot of lap time.

Poor Kitty - it is amazing how much they become a part of our lives....

itdjbw said:
Yes she is Afrikaans speaking and English was her second language where we are English speaking but had to learn Afrikaans as our second language at school, everyone had to do a second language for all 12 years of school. TV was also in both, they would alternate each night with 1/2 the programming in each and we hated when it was Afrikaans first as by the time English came on it was bedtime!!! :lmao:

I had a college prof that taught me some Afrikaans. He was trying to teach me about how difficult communication and comprehension could be but he had to use a language that I wouldn't know. Since he couldn't use French, Spanish, or English with me, he chose Afrikaans (he had learned it in the Peace Corps). It was so cool. One of my favorite lessons to this day.

How cool! A UTOP with my favorite prof and LANGUAGES!

Coachpug said:
I leave tomorrow for a 'business' trip and get back Friday, then I have less than 1 week to get ready for the Cruise....luckily most of my cruise stuff is put aside so it is ready to pack when the time comes....

we are leaving Thursday and get back sunday and then I guess next week is going to be a mad rush to get everything done and thought of!!! Haven't done anything yet and just normally leave it for the last night and manage!!!

gptmba said:
I hope your other does grow into them!
Thanks, I hope so too.
As for the rest of your post- that doesn't show up in quote since you interjected your comments in my quote (LOL)- I wouldn't mind if elementary here had uniform type dress code either. I just think it's silly to only do it for 7th & 8th grade then apparently turn them loose to wear whatever in highschool. Honestly I'm embarrassed that my daughter (and other kids her age in 5th and 6th grade in the Int. school right next to the highschool) get to see how those highschoolers are dressed. I just don't get why they only do it in middle school for 7th/8th grade and that's it.

In elementary schools here they do have a dress code- it's just not quite as strict as middle school- not like a uniform but with lots of rules that they are strict on enforcing.

Coachpug said:
I did not state in the previous post that it was Turks & Caicos, but yes it is and will be nice...just bummed I can't bring my DW...

You did but a loooooooot of posts ago :lmao:

armyfam said:
BTW,

Are any of you bringing a laptop along?
How do you suggest securing it in the stateroom? (It will not fit in the room-safe)

I posted this question on the main cruise board and have had some looks, but no answers??!!

susan

Doing the Virgil thingie to answer this one. We have taken our laptop on several of our cruises and have left them on the desk top in the room and never had any problems with it going amiss.

Long day here. My blood donation was scheduled for today so wouldn't you know that I also ended up with two press ok's as well. Busy busy busy. Did make it to the blood donation so at least I got that done since it will be a year now before I can give again. I wanted to make sure I got a donation in to honor GaRry.

On the way back to the office I decided to run past home to see if our box came. As I'm passing the church at the end of our block I see the FedEx ground truck on the side street. Get to our house and nothing on the front porch, go around back and nothing there. Darn! So I start to back out of the driveway to head back to work and the FedEx truck pulls up. We have our shirts and bag. Very nice!

So I didn't get as much done today as I would have liked but still a good day.

tinytink said:
XMen3 is 20th Century Fox. So i guess it means it won't be on board. the dh will be very bummed.

He could stay home to watch it :teeth: :teeth: Or see it Friday night :teeth: :teeth:

gptmba said:
My kids already wear uniforms and I LOVE it. I buy several of what fit at the beginning of the year as well as the next size up and I am good to go!

My kids wear uniform, navy or khaki pants, skirts shorts and red, white or blue shirts. DD is not happy the midle school she is wait listed for also has uniform :teeth: :teeth:

We received our shirts and bag today.... Definitely a great job!!!!

Virgil
pirate:

itdjbw said:
My kids wear uniform, navy or khaki pants, skirts shorts and red, white or blue shirts. DD is not happy the midle school she is wait listed for also has uniform :teeth: :teeth:
I liked it when ds had uniforms at the private school he attended K-2. It made getting dressed in the mornings much easier. But to this day he hates to wear polo shirts because of his bad experiences at that school. We just bought him one for the cruise; first one he'll wear in 3 years.

whnim64 said:
I liked it when ds had uniforms at the private school he attended K-2. It made getting dressed in the mornings much easier. But to this day he hates to wear polo shirts because of his bad experiences at that school. We just bought him one for the cruise; first one he'll wear in 3 years.

It is easy and we never have to argue with them as to what they can or can't wear - they know the rules and if they want to wear something they can, they are just easy going about it - luckily for me!!!

finally caught up and now off to see what the dogs are winging about, my kids never woke us up last night but the dogs were barking - probably at the neighbors cat that taunts them while they are in the house, it thinks my house is it's home!!!! :confused3 :furious: :furious:

I would LOVE it if my kids went to private school and wore uniforms!

Jared has that same tall, skinny problem, but it's easier to get slim pants for boys.

It was always terribly difficult to get clothing for Megan. She's always been Pooh sized. She doesn't have any trouble at all now, thanks to stores like Lane Bryant....but she pays twice as much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter