5/27/06 "Il pochi il fiero i blabbermouths" We *will* sail again Part 10

Status
Not open for further replies.
MickeyMo'sBo said:
I will have a laptop with card reader and CD burner if anyone needs it. Another option is a "digital wallet". I used to have one, but it died when dropped :confused3

Good! That's very generous of you! Like others have mentioned, we have taken the laptop and while downloading pictures is nice, it's a burden to drag along. And will all the "other" stuff we're taking I'm leaving it this trip!! :woohoo:

BibbidyBobbidyBoo said:
Are you saying you purchased them online and returned to Sears? (the land's end stuff) Even sears is an hour's drive away- might as well go straight to a land's end store if there is one available in the dallas/arlington area where sears is. I'm not into shipping things and paying shipping to me and then to return... I'd be out a fortune doing that considering how many things do not fit her unless she tries them on first. Honestly I really can't figure out WHY she's so hard to get things that fit her- but she is. :(

Yes. The Lands' End stuff can be purchased online and then returned to Sears. You may not want to pay shipping back, but if you consider the price of gas driving 30 minutes or 1 hour each way, shipping back is really cheap (although I NEVER use their preprinted return labels. I put it in my own box and ship it myself for much cheaper.

Usually, b/c KT is hard to fit, I'll put in a huge order which includes duplicates of the same item in different sizes, then decide what I want and return the rest.

Except for LLBean....we have their credit card and if you use that you get free shipping all the time....so with them I don't feel bad ordering a thing or two, then a couple of days later, ordering a few more things. :)

tinksdad said:
Good! That's very generous of you! Like others have mentioned, we have taken the laptop and while downloading pictures is nice, it's a burden to drag along. And will all the "other" stuff we're taking I'm leaving it this trip!! :woohoo:

Since he does the packing - I'm sure he'll figure out a way...But, I want to know if he's also bringing his coffee supplies, will there be room for clothes :confused3

I bet he'll claim having to check in at work - which is why the laptop is necessary.. :rolleyes:

tinytink said:
The DH found out that XMen comes out the same weekend we sail. Do you think they premire it on board? :confused3
We plan on stopping on the way up to Datona Beach for our JB's dinner and watch it!! Looks awesome!

sjtracey said:
Great day to stay at home! With the exception of the fact that it was because Erin didn't feel well (she seems to be fine now, of course - she's not one of those kids who's down for the count when she gets an ear infection), it's been a great day. First the man in brown dropped off my CRUISE DOCS :cool1::cool1::cool1: (so now I can go with Jim and Erin, whose docs came 10 days ago). Then the man in black and purple stopped by with our t-shirts!!!

It's a very good day indeed! Not only do I NOT have to buy the drinks, but I'll be stylish when I'm drinking them!

--Samantha

Wait, so, if you aren't buying, who is? :confused3 (Still me?)

ohiominnie said:
Yes. The Lands' End stuff can be purchased online and then returned to Sears. You may not want to pay shipping back, but if you consider the price of gas driving 30 minutes or 1 hour each way, shipping back is really cheap (although I NEVER use their preprinted return labels. I put it in my own box and ship it myself for much cheaper.

Usually, b/c KT is hard to fit, I'll put in a huge order which includes duplicates of the same item in different sizes, then decide what I want and return the rest.

Except for LLBean....we have their credit card and if you use that you get free shipping all the time....so with them I don't feel bad ordering a thing or two, then a couple of days later, ordering a few more things. :)

Thanks again for all the info. Ofcourse this is only for the future like summer clothes or before school- I'm still going to have to find time to take her shopping before the cruise for her to have things to wear on the cruise! LOL

ohiominnie said:
I hear ya there. Words across the butt just do NOT fly with us here. WHY does anyone want to encourage hormonal boys to look at girls' butts? :confused3 We've been striking out getting a good swim suit for KT (as a second swim suit)...we like the tankini style so it's easy to go to the bathroom, but like it to cover a good bit of skin. FINALLY we found one that FIT at Children's place but the top is a bit shorter than she's used to....more of a halter top than a full tankini. No where near a bikini though!! She feels a bit odd in it since her belly is hanging out. She's used to having all that covered....and that's fine with me!!!

Oh, I agree with the words on butt comment. I can't stand high schoolers to wear that stuff.

Now Bridge will be sporting a bikini ONLY because I couldn't find any tankinis that I was willing to pay the price for. But I did find one that came with a sun shirt that she prefers to wear versus the top. (One pieces are never an option due to the size of shoulders and the length of her torso.)

BibbidyBobbidyBoo said:
Karen, I am the same way- picky about her not wearing "grown up" looking clothes. Besides, next year they have very strict dress code (basically uniform- including no capris, no shorts, pants must be certain length and all one color- can't have any designs, plaids, different colors- jeans can't even be 2 faded jeans color/etc. So she'll have to wear just plain jeans which she usually does- usually the boys ones.

My kids already wear uniforms and I LOVE it. I buy several of what fit at the beginning of the year as well as the next size up and I am good to go!

Angie,
Here's one of the pictures that Towncrier sent me with Mickey being a towncrier.

Don't know if you still need it or not...
He also sent me about 11 others that I won't post here, but I will email to anyone who is interested. They are towncrier Mickey in all kinds of poses, with and without accessories. :)

mickey1.jpg

YEAH! U TOP with Angie, Towncrier and Mickey! :)

pixiedust: pdfg

ohiominnie said:
FUnny you should say that. One of my longstanding rules is not to buy wine from men in speedos....especially if they are selling it out of their trunk. :)

at least he will be selling it from his trunk and not his trunks :teeth:

gptmba said:
nooo, I think that sjtracey is buying. Samantha, didn't you just got yours today? :teeth:

Mine arrived this morning. Jim's and Erin's came a while ago. (Never did get a good explanation from Disney folks about why they came separately.) I'm sure there are still a few hiding in the woodwork that are waiting for the man in brown.

--Samantha

kikipug said:
Thanks, dear! :love: And, I didn't get much of my nap, cause I spent an hour on the phone with my sister... but that's always time well spent... we can't talk to our Mom today... she's in Vegas... as long as she's having fun, that's all that matters!

There were phones in vegas when I was there!!! :lmao:

gptmba said:
Some of you that have left your cars at the Rad at the Port before probably have already heard about the ant problem, but to people that haven't...Be careful and don't leave ANY food in your car while you are gone because there is a serious problem of ants getting into cars that are parked in the field. I wouldn't want anybody to have to deal with that when they get off the ship! :thumbsup2

We have never had an ant problem at the Rad but had ants in the car last year when we left it at the port :teeth: :confused3

gptmba said:
My kids already wear uniforms and I LOVE it. I buy several of what fit at the beginning of the year as well as the next size up and I am good to go!
I would be fine with it also- except for the fact that I think it's goofy as all get out to have a uniform type dress code only for 7th and 8th grade- nothing before that and not for highschool- just 7th and 8th grade. Stupid IMO.
And also I was told and thought that it was solid polo shirts, everything had to be worn with a belt (that one is for obvious reasons I'm sure) and the shirts had to be tucked in (again for obvious reasons- so it wasn't so short to show belly). Now I went to get the dress code so I could shop over the summer and I'm glad I did! Now I find out the jeans can't be even 2 shades of color- one uniform color (not even if they fade in the wash- and no holes... yes, she's still prone to get tiny holes in the knees occasionally and she'll still wear them- she's a tomboy, what can I say- but now she can't and considering how hard it is to buy for her- now she better stay off her knees and not get holes anymore! LOL She's just too rowdy/rambunctious in gym and recess- she plays like a boy and that's why she ends up with holes in the knees sometimes). Also found out NO capris-no matter even if they are jeans. Any "pants" have to be solid colors also- no plaids, different colors or designs. Dresses can be just above the knee though- so why can't they wear capris if below the knee or ankle length? I have no idea. Oh and belts I thought would be the only way she could wear different things- but nope, they can only be solid colors brown, black or white and no designs or textures or rope-like/braided/etc. Good luck finding a plain white/black or brown belt for someone with a waist as tiny as hers!
Etc. etc.
It was a big more than I expected.... and now all the capris I bought for her to match the solid polo shirts will have to go back to the store- along with the belts we bought to match. And if I find jeans to fit her- I'll have to buy as many as possible- since she can't wear capris and can't have a hole in the knees or anywhere else either. She'll need enough to get her thru the year wearing jeans every day.
Oh and the dresses and skirts have to be solid color too. Skirts might not be too hard- but do you see many solid one color dresses in the 12-14 range? I don't. LOL
Oh and also they can't ever wear anything but the polo shirt. Jackets have to be put in their lockers and if it's cold enough to wear a sweater or sweatshirt they have to be solid colored also (with no design, insignia, etc.) and have to be worn OVER the regular solid one color polo shirt. I haven't seen many solid colored sweaters in her size in my day... and jacket idea is out as she'd have to put it in her locker. LOL (we usually don't buy much winter clothes anyway- not many cold days here so mostly all she needs is l/s shirts and/or a jacket over a shortsleeved shirt- but in middle school she can't wear a jacket since it has to go in her locker).

Again, wouldn't have a problem with this except it's only 7th and 8th grade. This age group, for girls anyway, they usually hit their peak on growing- but you'll have to buy new clothes all over again for 9th grade anyway unless you want your child to be the only one still wearing uniform clothes in 9th grade. She's in intermediate right now (6th grade) and that school is right next to the highschool- you wouldn't BELIEVE the stuff those highschoolers wear. Personally I think the uniform dress code is needed just as much in highschool as it is in middle school, if not more so. Just my opinion though.

Ps. next size up doesn't always work for older children. I'm not sure what age you're talking about but sure- buying bigger sizes in uniforms would work fine right now like with my 5yr old and 8yr old- but when you get into the older kids and going thru puberty and such, you can't really depend on them wearing just the next size up... they may get curves, they may gain weight especially if they are rail thin right now like my eldest is, they could shoot up bigtime -especially boys- and skip that size completely. Trust me- I know. When I found Old Navy (boys) jeans that fit my eldest in size 8- I bought about 10prs of size 10... learned my lesson the hard way there- she shot right past size 10 before ever getting to wear them. By the time they fit her in the butt/thighs/waist- they were too short for her. I still have them in a bin somewhere with tags still on them. Since they are boys jeans I'm hoping my 8yr old might fit them someday. LOL

dzneprincess said:
Isnt that the language the Charlize Theron uses? I have hear dher speak it and it sounds so beautfil!

Yes she is Afrikaans speaking and English was her second language where we are English speaking but had to learn Afrikaans as our second language at school, everyone had to do a second language for all 12 years of school. TV was also in both, they would alternate each night with 1/2 the programming in each and we hated when it was Afrikaans first as by the time English came on it was bedtime!!! :lmao:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter