5/24/03

Hi Everyone - I've been busy coordinating my kids meeting other kids via email, so haven't posted lately - we've connected with NewHampshire4's 11 year old and Sara's 7 year old for our girls (ages 7 and 12). One of these days, I'll get my SIL to register - then we won't shut her up! They have 3 - dd 11, dd 9, and ds 7.

Disneykids (I think?) - you asked about pin trading. My DH got us into this for our first cruise. We bought some starter ones at the airport before that cruise and a lanyard on board. Then we had so much fun buying more:bounce: and trading with CMs. We will be bringing our "family" collection this time for sure! The Disney stores carry some generic ones, but we feel special because we have some that you can not purchase anywhere in the world but on Castaway Cay! What a marketing ploy! I cheated awhile back and asked a friend going to DL to get some California Adventure ones for us.:cool:

I agree that a meet on the sailaway day is impossible. We were too excited watching the action and the sailaway to try to find the DIS folks. I think either Sunday or Monday are best. Thanks to Disneykids also for the offer - I would love to see a suite. We won't stay long, or trash the place or anything :smooth:

Audrey

by adding a message, it "bumps" the thread to the top (temporarily) of the first page. sometimes people don't have anything to say, but they don't want the thread to get lost on the 2nd, 3rd, etc. pages, so they simply add a "bump" message.

that said, i'm bumping this up so a dear friend who's going on the cruise with us can join in....or lurk as she pleases. HI, SANDY! :teeth:

has anyone already planned which excursions you're going to take? disney or on your own?

we tend to book on our own as (1) disney will sometimes impose a minimum age limit (we have a 4yo) that the provider doesn't, and (2) it can oftentimes be cheaper to do on your own.

we are planning on doing key west on our own with no tour...just explore. we plan on doing stingray city in grand cayman and dolpin encounter in cozumel (or is it the other way around?). we will be booking those on our own.

anyone else?

DUH!!

y'all welcome yogitxtx...this is the friend i'm traveling with on the cruise. she is the epitome of a disney fan....i don't think there's an inch in her house not occupied by something disney! and she's a MAJOR pin trader, so bring your pins if you want to try trading for some unique pins.

where are y'all parasailing?

looks like we'll be doing something different on cozumel...dh wants to do the ruins, and i know the boys will be bored to tears, so we'll go to the beach for a bit while he "ruins." think we'll go check out sally's minigolf as well!

anyone else?

Welcome Yogitxtx :)
MagicintheStars is our oldest daughter.. she is going to be brave and parasail with me at Castaway as long as they promise not to drop her in the ocean to be attacked by whales and sharks, right Britt? ;)
Key West I think we will do our own thing - probably do the trolley and a bit of exploring. Grand Cayman, I definitely want to see Stingray City although DH and I will probably be in the water while the kids take our picture from the boat :rolleyes: (probably non-Disney excursion), and Cozumel we are thinking of doing the Jeep Tour.

I am not sure what we are doing yet. In Key West we will probably do one of the train/trolley tours and possibly something on the water. In Cozumel maybe miniature golf and maybe snorkling, although my husband looked at me like I was nuts when I said miniature golf, but he isn't going with us, so it doesn't matter what he thinks. In Grand Cayman I guess Stingray City, I will probably look into Capt. Marvins. We may do a mix of Disney and on our own. Key West will probably be on our own.

Hi Digital MOM!

Please look for your thread message! (Next time I won't make it so obvious!!):earseek:

Jacquelyn:teeth:

we're headed for page 3 :eek:

okay, i admit it, i'm becoming obsessed. i've already started packing (in my mind at least) and drawing up lists of things we need to get between now and then.

am i alone?

Just testing my new "signatures", countdown, etc! Thanks to my wonderful DH - He was bored the other day!

Dizneykids - I have pulled out my lists from our trip a few years ago - just to peruse them, etc. and send to my sister in law who is going for the first time with us. But I know how you feel, planning and anticipation are all part of the fun and excitement!

Hi everyone!!!! I've been "thinking" about excursions, but not sure what we'll do, yet. All the kiddos want to do is go to the beach!;) Key West, we'll do on our own. Grand Cayman, we'll do a snorkeling, stingray tour. Then head to the beach. Not sure about Cozumel. It's between the Dolphin Encounter, Fury Catamaran or a day a the beach. Although, I do think about the cruise, I'm trying not to get too obsessed with it until after Spring Break. Then....watch out!!!!! :D :rolleyes:

Sara

Haven't started packing, but have a friend who just booked May 2004, and answering her questions has gotten my all wound up! :)

Looks like it should be the 3 of us with no problems and hopefully the friend of my 13 year old's that we asked to come along with us will be able to. Called the place that the 13 year old's Europe trip is thru to double check the departure date before I sent the check for the final payment in the mail. The girl I spoke to said the departure date is still listed as June 1st and that the departure flight has been booked, although she couldn't give me any information on the flight. She did say that the trip dates could still change, although it is highly unlikely unless the teacher taking the group over needs to change the date. So I have started my spreadsheet for the trip and printed the excusion lists for each port from the Disney Cruise website to see what is available in each port and now I have to decide what to do on our own or do thru Disney. Tomorrow will be 100 days!!!!!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest