5/17/03 Eastern Cruise.. Who is going?

Well, we went ahead and cancelled our 5/17/03 DCL cruise we set up with Dreams Unlimited... :(

Last weekend we joined a travel club, so I called them yesterday and they got us a price about $500 less (after the rebates and all) than what Dreams was offering. Now the trick is to get the same rooms, but our new travel agent was on the phone with DCL and confirmed we could get the same rooms. So in other words, WE'RE BACK!!!

Anyway, just thought I'd wake everyone up!!! :p

J&J: Bummer - I'm voting to have the wedding ON THE SHIP!!! :)

- Jim

Scott where did you stay ??? and where did you fly out of fort lauderdale??

also caymans or bimini because by the time i get to fla. and pay that 150.00 each may as well pay 280.00 to fly from stl to caymans

need to find cheap air fare for either las vegas or orlando from july 25th though aug 12 th

for 4 people 4 days 3 nites

dont need lodging have a free thing with hilton that expires aug 18 th

if you see any thing 100.00 pp r/t let me know thanks cmatt

Joe , do what makes you happy,,,:rolleyes:

Cmatt,

In Ft. :auderdale we flew out of the International airport, once before we flew out of the Charter Terminal. North side of FLL. In Miami we have flown out of the seaplane base on Watson Island. This is across from the the Miami cruise ship dock.

In Bimini we have stayed at the Complete Angler, a Hemingway haunt and we haev also stayed at the Sea Crest. I really liked the Sea Crest. We did both as part of a dive package from Bimini Underseas. There is also a more upscale place called teh Bimini Big Game Club.

Note there is not much to do on Bimini if you don't dive or deep sea fish.

Watch the last few minutes of Silence of the Lambs to see the main drag of Bimini.

thanks scott looking at harbour marine or another is something c- cay club cant find at this minute

thanks looking for a island that is as nice as grand caymans,, wiyhout having to depend on the air lines

cmatt :)

Real funny Jim, sure woke me up. Thought you guys were dropping like flies. Glad to see your staying. Hey save your money we may have a bride on board.

Hi Folks:wave:

First, let me thank all of you for the suggestions. We will be seeing them over the weekend so I will have a better feel for this on Monday. When we were over their house last week we did not even hint at our upcoming cruise. You should have been in the car on the way home :mad: After speaking with her dad again, I find out that Steph and four of the bridesmaids did all the arranging and picked the date first from the CC where the reception will be. Normally, I think this would be a good choice but the funny thing is they went on Saturday and Sunday the 10th and 11th of May when we were on our first Disney cruise :rolleyes: Mike (dad) suggested to Steph that we be in the wedding party after he discussed the details with her. He mentioned to her we are both "retired" (from the Air Force, not the work force) we would have no problem taking time off and I could help with the organization (huh)?

I think we will be buying another dress:) Positive note: Can wear new dress on new cruise;) Will see her and BF again this weekend (all the guys played golf last weekend) but will only discuss present plans as they are laid out now on her part.

Right now the thoughts are to rebook the cruise to the week after and split the honeymoon costs with BFs dad?

The plan: Call DCL and ask to add another stateroom at the onboard price (?) for the same date. In a few weeks, call DCL and move two of the rooms to one date (after the wedding, for our cruise) and the other room to the chosen date of the "happy couple". This way we get to go on our cruise (albiet later) and they still go DCL for the honeymoon, if that is what they want. They can go on the "Wonder" on sunday and we will go on the "Magic" the following week. Hopefully, we can keep our discounts and perhaps even get DCL to book us another cabin at our previously obtained prices with our onboard credits?

I miss anything?:mad:

Hi Folks:wave:

Jim: Have not mised the boat as of yet, wait till Monday...Joe

Okay guys and gals! I'm new to this board so please bear with me. We are booked for the 5-17-03 cruise and I need some opinions. We are currently on deck 6 midship with a connecting room but at this point I don't think the couple that was to be traveling with us will be coming. For that reason alone I am thinking of switching cabins. I am seriously looking at deck 5. This is our first Disney cruise and our kids' first cruise period. I suffer from seperation anxiety and want to be close to the kids' program. Also, it looks like deck 5 may be a little quieter. Has anyone been on both decks? Any suggestions from you veterans out there? Thanks!:wave:

Luckymommy, welcome to the 5/17/03 cruise. We've been on Deck 6 midship for 4 cruises and love the area. Your are equally close (or far, depending on how you look at it) from everything. Never had a problem with noise; and LOVE that verandah!

fran

Thanks Fran! I just received notice that I have secured a veranda stateroom, midship on deck 6! I'm so excited and it's so hard not to tell my kids!! We just returned from a vacation at Disney World and we were driving my DH crazy just counting down from 70 days!!:crazy: I guess I'll have to do my own private countdown for a little while.;) I'm sure I'll be getting to know more of you as time approaches!
Take care!

Hi, we were midship deck 6 last May 01 and we loved it. Sure you will too. Have fun on the boards, you will meet lots of great people and pick up lots of helpful hints.
I drive my family crazy too with my countdowns. But that's the fun of planning your trip.
Donna

Welcome Aboard Luckymommy. You will find all your answers about DCL here on these boards. Was on the 5/11 Inaugural and this board made me feel a repeat cruiser by the time I boarded. We had a blast meeting all the DIS folks and plan to repeat that on the 5/17/03 sailing.

Joanna

Gee, I like your countdown timer better than mine. I guess I set mine for 5 p.m. when we leave port. Hopefully. Oh well, I guess we;ll still be leaving the same time, but yours does look better.
Donna

Thanks for such a warm welcome! I didn't know when to set my countdown clock so I settled for midnight! I may adjust it to the time I have to wake up to catch our flight but since I don't know that yet I'll just keep it how it is now. (It does look a little better!):Pinkbounc

If I've calculated correctly 11 months from now we will have just left St. Thomas, headed for day at sea, then Castaway Cay. We went over to St. john last year, will have to do st. Thomas next year.
It was just about 2 yrs. ago that my sister talked me into going on my first Disney cruise may 19,01. Can't wait for the 2nd. Kind of would like to do the Western, but they want to do Eastern as she liked it better. She did the Western on another cruise line.
Oh well, back to reality.......
Donna

I was thinking the same thing. Torn between going back to St. John - Trunk Bay or a beach at St. Thomas. From reading some other threads there are some great beaches in St. Thomas too. We only did some shopping in St. Thomas. Well, I guess I have 11 months to think this over!!!!!!!! I don't think I can stand the wait!!!!!!!:p

Just think of all the fun you'll have for the next 11 mos. planning, and reading this board. Personally, I find that this is almost as enjoyable as the trip itself. You'll notice that I said Almost!!!
Last time we had wonderful weather, except the day at Castaway Cay. We had thunder storms all day. That was a disappointment. Hope we have sun next year.
Donna

If we use the time measuring system I used to use when my children were small - we only have 10 months to our cruise. You don't count the month you are in and you don't count the month you are going - so 10 months!!

It's still a long time; but the fun people on these Boards do help it go quicker.

fran

:Pinkbounc

Hi Folks:Wave:

Well, saw the clan over the weekend and no mention was made of the Honeymoom by us. Steph and David are going to a Sandals Resort (paid for by Daves' Dad! :D ). They are not saying which one though :p

So it seems as though the plan will be to keep our reservations but change the date, probably into hurricane season:rolleyes: but not for a while. Will see how things progress over the summer. As for me organizing (?) it seems as though they have a pretty good handle on the big stuff. I think I will do the aunt shower, and some other small stuff. The more I think about it the less upset we become, I guess it was not a big deal after all! I guess we will spend our 24th anniversary at a quiet little hotel and restaurant around here :eek:

Now to pick an alternate date.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter