5:15 or 9:20 for California Grill

KStodisney

Earning My Ears
Hi, I have reservations for California Grill for both 5:15 and 9:20. The fireworks are at 10:00. We have 3 children that we will take with us. (They are well behaved in nice restuarants!) :) Which time do you think I should keep. If we eat at 5:15 we can come back and watch the fireworks that evening, correct? If we do that can I order dessert or apps at that time too? 5:15 would be a more normal time for dinner for them. Your opinions are appreciated!

If you dine earlier in the evening, you are welcome to return (with your receipt) to watch the fireworks from the observation deck. In order to enjoy a dessert or app at that time, you would either need to be find a place in the lounge or you would need another ADR. Signature dinners take about 1.5 to 2.0 hours, so if you have dinner at 9:20 pm, there is a good chance you won't be finishing up until close to or after 11:00 pm. If your family is used to eating at 5:15 pm, I would probably take the 5:15 pm ADR and then pay it by ear about whether you want to return to the CA Grill observation deck at 10:00 pm or if you've found some other place to view fireworks.

I agree with Figment. I'd stick with your 5:15pm ADR and come back with your receipt to view the fireworks. I think 9:20pm would be a bit late for dinner, esp since you said yourself that your normal dinner time is around 515pm anyway.

I agree too--5:15 is probably best. You will need to find something to do however, for the time between when you finish dinner and the fireworks.

And as noted, when you go back up you won't find any tables or chairs available, so it would be just for the fireworks.

If you do take the later seating, you will easily be able to leave your table during the meal and watch the show--and then return to dinner. The wait staff there is well used to that scenario--

Thank you for your responses! As an alternative...they are on different nights and we will be at Magic Kingdom both days. I will definitely keep the 5:15 for dinner, this is the meal my husband and I are most excited about! It is OK to keep the 9:20 and just order dessert and drinks, is that correct? Thank you!

August will be our first time dining at the CG. We have an ADR for 8:45pm that night. Wishes is at 10. Is it safe to assume we'll still be dining during the fireworks? I didn't know if that time would be too early or not. :)

August will be our first time dining at the CG. We have an ADR for 8:45pm that night. Wishes is at 10. Is it safe to assume we'll still be dining during the fireworks? I didn't know if that time would be too early or not. :)
You should be fine, depending on what you order thou. But for the most part you'll be either still dining or just finishing up. Either way you can go over to the balcony and watch there.

Agree on the earlier option and coming back to watch the fireworks. My daughter is well behaved in restaurants too, but I think anything starting after 9 would seriosly be pushing our luck.

Hi, I have reservations for California Grill for both 5:15 and 9:20. The fireworks are at 10:00. We have 3 children that we will take with us. (They are well behaved in nice restuarants!) :) Which time do you think I should keep. If we eat at 5:15 we can come back and watch the fireworks that evening, correct? If we do that can I order dessert or apps at that time too? 5:15 would be a more normal time for dinner for them. Your opinions are appreciated!

No doubt 5:15. We had a late dinner res. there one time, got there 15 minutes early, waited nearly an hour to be seated. People sat around drinking taking up tables, waiting for the fireworks to start. Fireworks experience there really isn't that great. Better to eat early and go back to the MK and enjoy them in person.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter