5/15/05 Wonder ...who's going??

Suzanne...ds and I were going to watch the Disney Cruise Line on Travel Channel tonight (on tape) and we just realized it is ON the travel Channel TONIGHT AT 7pm EST!!! :cool1: :flower1: I am going to drive EVERYONE around me crazy during the next 132 days!!!!!!!!!! :earseek:

I'M BOOKING AIRFARE TODAY SO I GUESS ITS FOR REAL!!! I'M TAKING MYDD 5 TO DISNEY ON ICE TODAY TO GET EVEN MORE IN THE MOOD. LIKE I NEED

THAT!

SUZANNE :grouphug:

How was Disney on Ice suzanne? Which one did you see? I"m headed to Disney this Saturday for a day trip...and not even going to hit the parks. My sis is getting married at disney Jan 2006, so we are going to check some things out and SHOP! We'll also have Tea at the GF!!

I just called today to make our room reservations for CBR for two days before the cruise!! :cool1:

Only 122 days until we are on the WONDER!!! Is anyone else getting as excited as I am???

HI ALL!
DISNEY ON ICE WAS FANTASTIC. IT WAS A TRIBUTE TO ALL DIFFERENT DISNEY MOVIES. MY FIVE YEAR OLD DAUGHTER WAS ENTRANCED. SHE CAN'T WAIT TO TELL GOOFY ON THE "BOAT" THAT HE WAS SOOO FUNNY AT THE ICE SHOW. :earboy2: WE BOOKED OUR AIRFARE THIS WEEK AND MY BIL GETS A FAMILY DISCOUNT AT EMBASSY SUITES SO WE ARE GOING TO STAY IN ORLANDO THE NIGHT BEFORE AND THREE NIGHTS AFTER THE CRUISE. WE'RE GOING TO MAYBE DO MK ONE DAY BUT SINCE MY HUSBAND WORKS FIR ANHEUSER BUSCH WE'LL DEFINITELLY DO SEA WORLD. MY GIRLS LOVEEEEE SHAMU AND THE DOLPHINS TOO. I'M GETTING SO EXCITED FOR THIS TRIP!!!!!!!! :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

SUZANNE :cool1:

Hi Everyone!!!!

My husband & I are on this cruise. (Lisa & Steven) This will be our 3rd Disney cruise. We have been on the Eastern (last year) and the Western (year before) with our children, and my wonderful MIL. This time it will be just the two of us, kind of a belated 10 year anniversay celebration. Actually, we are traveling with another couple, (Penny & Goran) This is their 1st Disney cruise. However, they have been on other cruises. We talked them into giving Disney cruise line a try. I think it is awsome, to say the least. I highly suggest the eco-tour @ Castaway Cay. The wave runners were a lot of fun. I have to run for now, looking forward to chatting with all of you.
Goofygal1975- I think we chatted last year a bit, boy how time flies:)

Hi Lisa welcome aboard. What a great anniversary present. How old are your kids? Do they know you're going on the disney cruise without them??? We have
gone to clearwater beach the past two years without our 3 girls and they always make sure we say 'hi" to shamu mickey etc. Its really nice to get away though you guys will have a great time and will have to let me know how serenity beach is. I'm not anticipating getting there :guilty:

Suzanne :cool1: :rockband:

lisab1291 said:
Hi Everyone!!!!

Goofygal1975- I think we chatted last year a bit, boy how time flies:)

Hey Lisa!! Yes, we did!!! I can't believe how quickly this past year has flown by! And now we are 4 months away (to the day! ) from our Wonder Cruise!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :flower1: How exciting!!

Ok, i'm not there yet...But has anyone started packing???? LOL Or even thought about what they want to pack?? We live in Florida...so we'll just pack our regular summer clothes (ok, well or NEW summer/cruise clothes) But i want to wait a bit to do some shopping!

suzannef said:
We have
gone to clearwater beach the past two years without our 3 girls and they always make sure we say 'hi" to shamu mickey etc. :guilty:

Suzanne :cool1: :rockband:

Suzanne....I live just about 15 minutes from Clearwater beach, and work just a few minutes away! What a small world!!!!!!!!

Goofygal

You are so lucky to live near such a beautiful beach. We have been there 3 times in the last 3 years. We also stayed at the ritz carlton in Naples one year and loved that beach too. Living in central New York we reallly appreciate the beautiful weather and beaches of Florida. I'm such a beach person and sun worshiper I used to think I must have been seperated from my "real" southern family somehow lol. We love the convenience of a 2 1/2 hour flight to fla.
We went to Hawaii in 1997 and the beaches were beautiful but hard to justify an entire day there and back to travel plus the time difference. My oldest daughter also got some weird flu like disease and we ended up in the er for a day,so I'm pretty much over Hawaii. I can't wait to go to cc and cable beach!!!! 4 more months!!!!

suzanne :cool1:

Ok, they sure as heck dont make it easy to post pictures here! I've lost this post twice now just trying to post a link :earboy2:

Here is a countdown poster my ds (brandon) and I made tonight!!! Under 120 days now!!

http://share.shutterfly.com/osi.jsp?i=EeDM2bdwzaNRC

----------------------------------------------------
Suzanne...it is SO nice to live so close to the beach...I just wish we actually had time to go relax on the beach! Its such a shame to live so close but not use it!! I am a beach person...and I cant *wait* to just LAY on the beach at CC!!!!!!!!!!! :flower1:

suzannef- My children are (DS) 11, and (DD) 6. Yes, they know we are going on a Dis. cruise. They haven't said too much yet. I think the closer it gets the more greif we will get, especially from our youngest. They are pretty excited to be staying with my MIL though. She spoils them rotten.:)

I think we may rebook while on board for another family cruise. They usually offer a stateroom credit if you rebook on board. We'll see.....

goofygal1975- How did you like the Pop Century resort? We have been thinking about giving that resort a try. How is the weather down in sunny Fl.? We are going to be having some negative temps up here in good ol' NH.
Looking forward to getting down there. :)

Hope everyone is having a great day

Lisa

Hey Lisa...it is COLD here in FL this week!! 57 will be our high..but it is VERY windy! Low's in the upper 30's here tonight they say! but it is nice and sunny out!!

We REALLY enjoyed our stay at Pop Century the two times we have been there!! We liked the 70's section the best! We are value resort people...since we can get them really cheap(and we can make weekend trips since we live close), and its just DS and me! I like POP better than the all stars, maybe just because it is NEW, and I like the lines to the buses better there. Our new favorite is Caribbean Beach Resort..and we *may* stay there the two days before our cruise. I booked for CBR last week, but if the Fl resident rates aren't great...we'll be back to our other favorite..Pop!

:grouphug:
I wish I could say we were still coming but... we decided on a 7 day world vacation as we canot beat the price :earseek:
we are going to transfer our cruise to a 7 day western for 2006 :cool1:
we all wish you the best cruise, and I know you will have it as the wonder is wonderful;)
:boat: :boat: :boat: :boat:

Empire Day....so sorry you won't be cruising with us!!!!! But a 7 day vacation at Disney will be great for you and your family...especially with a 7 day cruise planned for 2006!! Have a great time!!!!!!!

Our family will also be cruising the May 15, 2005 on the Wonder. This will be our families 3rd cruise! We have gone in May for the past 3 years. My children are ds-9(at time of cruise) and ds-2. Both have been with us both times before. I don't think I could possibly go with out them. They always have such a great time, and so do my dh & myself.

I guess we will see everyone there! Hopefully we will have Great weather for the cruise (we always have in the past)!

:cheer2: :cheer2: :banana: :banana: :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :bounce:

WELCOME twotimecruiser!!!!! Glad to see someone else on our cruise!!!!! My ds will be 9 (almost 10) at cruise time!!!

Will you be going to Disney before your cruise? If so where are you staying? Have you always cruised on the Wonder? or have you done any 7 days?? I think May will be the perfect time/weather to go!! I'm glad to hear that you have had great weather the past two trips in May!!

I don't know if anyone else is interested, but on another small disney board, when we got together at WDW for a meet and greet, we got kids of the same age group to be pen pals a few months before the trip. They really only wrote to each other once or twice..but they sent a picture of themselves ,and just a short little note about what they liked and wanted to do at Disney. It sure made it easier on the kids to get together and play!!! They also thought is was very cool to get mail!!! Let me know!!!

ONLY 102 days until our cruise!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :sunny:

goofygal1975: We are just doing the cruise. (This time, at least). We have never been to WDW, but maybe that's something we can do next time. Just haven't really been interested, especially with our youngest, who is just now turning 2. Can't imagine taking him to a park at an earlier age. He would probably be fine, but I don't think I would have had much fun. Anyways, my ds will be 9 in just a few days, so he will not be quite the same age as your son, but they would probably still play well together. I think the pen pal idea is a great idea!

We are hoping for the same great weather that we have always had this time of year! Hope to see you all there!

Looking forward to another great cruise! :Pinkbounc :cheer2: :banana: :bounce: :Pinkbounc :cheer2: :banana: :bounce:

WOO HOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My son and I were doing the VERY same dance yesterday!!!!!!! :cool1: :banana: :cool1: :banana: :cool1: :banana: :cheer2: :Pinkbounc :cheer2: :Pinkbounc

Hahahahahaha!!! I just can't belive how CLOSE it is now!!! I mean, really its only 3 months and one week away!!!

I just got a flyer and saw some SALES on spring/summer clothes already...and I saw a thread about mickey shirts and ties...I want to get one of each for my ds! LOL We were at the MK the other day, and ds went on Pirates of the Caribbean for the first time, and we ALMOST bought him a Mickey/Pirate hat!! I know they give out bandannas now, so we didnt get it. But we make take another day trip before then, so we may end up buying it! LOL pirate:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter