4th of July weekend at WDW

WDWPolyFan

Mouseketeer
I just booked a trip to WDW for 4th of July weekend. I know it will probably be a busy time. Has anyone ever visited during this time? Any tips or advice? I will be staying at the Polynesian Resort with my husband and 6 year old.

Great!

One of our trips each year to WDW is always the week of July 4th and we usually stay at the POLY or GF.

The fireworks are fantastic. In fact, this year we have 4 rooms for the week at the POLY.

We love to spend the 4th all day at the volcano pool.

Enjoy!!!

I don't know if this is always the case but we went last year for the weekend of the 4th. We went to MK on July 3rd because we heard that EVERYONE goes there on the 4th. Surprisingly that must have been the case because it really wasn't all that crowded. The longest we waited for anything was 20 minutes. They even had the same fireworks that night. It was very patriotic!

On the actual day of the 4th we went to Epcot. It was fine in the morning but got more crowded towards evening. I do remember walking by the monorail at Epcot and seeing a sign that MK was closed due to capacity sometime around noon on the 4th. Good luck!

You've booked my dream vacation. I will stay at the Poly for the 4th some time during my life time. Have a great time.

I was at WDW for the 4th of July 2009. We stayed at CSR and the resort itself wasn't crowded (big resort though) but the parks were. They were manageable for us because we used hoppers, arrived at park opening, and used fast passes... and didn't have children with us slowing us down, ha! We did the MK fireworks on the 3rd as some other posters mentioned. It is the same fireworks show and it is exceptional. I will always remember it! I think we did epcot or DHS on the 4th and thank goodness because that was the night of the monorail crash at MK which really backed things up that evening. Have a great trip!

I just booked a trip to WDW for 4th of July weekend. I know it will probably be a busy time. Has anyone ever visited during this time? Any tips or advice? I will be staying at the Polynesian Resort with my husband and 6 year old.

Not going to lie, yes it is crowded but still able to do lots of rides. We dont go to the parks on the 4th of July, we stay by the pool and relax then dinner and fireworks. We also are staying at the poly. I have 6 and 8 year old boys so maybe if your 6 year old is a boy they will make friends.

Have fun and see you there

I don't know if this is always the case but we went last year for the weekend of the 4th. We went to MK on July 3rd because we heard that EVERYONE goes there on the 4th. Surprisingly that must have been the case because it really wasn't all that crowded. The longest we waited for anything was 20 minutes. They even had the same fireworks that night. It was very patriotic!

I was at MK on the 4th in 2010 and it was packed - the busiest I've ever seen it. It wasn't bad until about 12:00 pm, then everyone showed up. All the restaurants were book up and they had a sign on Main Street listing the CS options. The rides all had very long lines. Luckily, we had fastpasses from the DVC Tour so we used them there that day. The fireworks were amazing! We ended up watching them from behind Main street (we entered there by the Noodle station). There was no crowd back there and we had a great view. Overall, we had a wonderful day, but personally, I would not go back to MK on a holiday.

We'll be there too as part of the Disney mass of humanity. Be interesting to do a post mortem upon our return.

You'll love being at the Poly for the 4th! Great view of the fireworks! What we did when we stayed there was watch the MK fireworks from the Poly beach on the 3rd, then went to Epcot for the 4th. Enjoyed the MK fireworks much more and it would have been smarter to hang out at the resort there all day.

We had such a good time over the 4th, we'll be doing it again this year, but not at the Poly (dvc members). We are not looking to spend any time in the parks on the 4th.

Have fun!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter