4th of July on DCL

CACruiser

Mouseketeer
Has anyone been on the cruise during 4th of July? I have been in WDW during the 4th...very fun and very full!

We will be in Key West on the 4th (Magic). I am so excited!
I wonder if there will be anything special in port or on board?

LisaCA

We sailed on the Wonder on 7/4/02. At dinner they had a special "American" dinner menu, along with the usual rotation meal. I think it was fried chicken & ribs, if I remember correctly. We were also given souvenier glasses(plastic) with a champagne toast for dinner.
The sailaway party had to be held in doors due to lightning, and they had a red, white and blue balloon drop right after the countdown. Some of the balloons had paper with a prize on it, so the kids all went wild popping them. It was a nice touch. :D

We were on the Eastern Magic 07/04/02 and it was Thursday, a sea day. As the previous poster stated, there was a special menu that night which included American favorites. We also received special plastic champagne glasses with the DCL logo and July 4, 2002 on them. There was a red, white & blue balloon drop at 10:15pm in the atrium and some balloons did have prizes in them. IMHO that whole scene is an accident waiting to happen with everyone scrambling to grab these balloons and the atrium area is certainly not large enough to accomodate a ship full of passengers.

I will also be on the Magic and am very excited. I hope they have awesome fireworks in Key West! Since that will be a rotation dinner night, though, and I have already picked out things to try on each menu, I think I'll stick with the original stuff.
Robin M.

We will be on the Magic at that same time as well! Since we leave Key West at 9 something, maybe we can see Key West's fireworks from the ship!!!!

Karen

We were on the Wonder in 2003, and on the 4th they had fireworks after we pulled out of Nassau. They were shot off a barge and were coordinated to music. It was soooo cool!
They also had a balloon drop on the last night of the cruise. It was in the atrium after Til We Meet Again. There were no prizes, but the kids had a blast popping them. It was like fireworks all over again! It was definitely very crowded, but I don't think you'd have a problem with it unless you are claustrophobic or don't like crowds. They had the special menu, too.
Barb
Visit the Platinum Castaway Club at: www.castawayclub.com

Im new to the boards but just wanted to say Hi. I will be on the July 3rd Magic too with my fiance...well then husband. We will be on our honeymoon! We are hoping for a great 4th also! Hope to see you on board.

Heather

Originally posted by SoThisIsLove
Im new to the boards but just wanted to say Hi. I will be on the July 3rd Magic too with my fiance...well then husband. We will be on our honeymoon!

Heather
"Welcome to the DCL board.......and congratulations on your upcoming marriage".
trink39.gif

We'll be there too!

Me, Wife, 18yo daughter (grad present), 17yo daughter's best friend, 14yo twin boys.

Hello fellow Magic cruisers. Let's keep in touch!
Maybe we can do a possible meet?

Our family:
Dh-46-sports nut
ME-35-At home Mom, Christian
DS-10-Science, computer nut
DD-6- Girly girl.

LisaCA

We'll be on the July 3rd cruise also with our dd, almost 5. Went last year in June and really looking forward to doing it all again! Until then, just counting the days......

I would love to have a meet!! This will be our first cruise so I'm not sure where, when, or how long DIS meets usually occur. It will be DH, me, DS 14 and DS 15 (celebrating his 16th birthday on the cruise!)

I looked at a few Key West web site event calendars but didn't see anything listed for fire works. :(

Karen

We will also be on the 7/3 MAGIC cruise. It will be our FOURTH !!

It will be me, DH, DS 14, DS 11 and
DD 9.

My kids would love to have some friends before they get on board. They all have e-mails. Please contact me if anyone has a child who would like to get acquainted before the cruise.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter