4th of July Golf Cart Parade

jaxpooh

Crazy for Disney!!
Has anyone from Disboards ever won anything at the golf cart parade? Anyone know what the prizes even are?

I thought the prize was tix to the HDDR, but please don't quote me on it....I am using my brain during the summer and that is a very dangerous thing....;)

LOL, that would funny to win tickets to HDDR, we have 25 of us with 5 carts that all go together, I'm sure we wouldn't all get in :)

Jen, I believe that is what they gave out last year.

It was 4 tickets.....

And Jax, if your family is going to dress up like dalmations, I might make an offensive comment.

:dance3: My cart will definately be cuter than yours, and you can bet i will not hold back on the comments :)

well, Mr. M-Sjaxjag, I do hope you were talking to Auburn Jen and Gatordad since we are part of the same float :)

Gatordad, no Dalmations, I promise. Can't tell what it will be though :banana:party:

What time is the golf cart parade? That sounds really fun. We aren't arriving until the 4th but would love to cheer everyone on!

Jennifer

If it is like the year we were there it kicked off very early. I think 9:00? They will close off the main road from the outpost to the settlement. The line up begins at the unhitch areas.

We never won anything but had lots of fun decorating and participating. We felt like VIPs getting waves and cheers from the crowds that line the road. I believe the others are correct about 4 tix to HDDR.

They estimated 350 carts last year were up there. A lot of them didn't register, they just joined in. I think the judges are at the 900 loop entrance. Whenever they get to Pioneer Hall the awards are given quickly and it's over. Here's some pics from last year.

415802-R1-066-31A_032.jpg

415802-R1-070-33A_034.jpg

415802-R1-060-28A_029.jpg

415802-R1-040-18A_019.jpg

Looks like a lot of fun, maybe we can get there early even if our site isn't ready yet!

Good Luck to all those in the contest:cheer2::cheer2:

Thanks for posting those pictures, Jen! The golf carts all look amazing! I love the UP one. It makes me want to participate next year.
By the way, your little boy is adorable!

Great pics! I think my fav is all the stuffies roasting marshmallows on the back of the cart.

I wanted to give the night parade an honorable mention. We had about 100 carts honking and waving around for about 2 hours. The Po Po stopped us once and said no horns. About an hour later OCSO was called in to "control" the situation a little better lol. Leave it to us campers to ruin a peaceful night at the fort. It was a good time though. only 364 days til the next night parade.

I wanted to give the night parade an honorable mention. We had about 100 carts honking and waving around for about 2 hours. The Po Po stopped us once and said no horns. About an hour later OCSO was called in to "control" the situation a little better lol. Leave it to us campers to ruin a peaceful night at the fort. It was a good time though. only 364 days til the next night parade.

We had dinner at trails end last night and seen the fire works from the beach.
Then we stayed to see the Electrical Water Pageant :thumbsup2

We walked back from trails end to the front to get our truck and wow that's the most golf cart's I have every seen :thumbsup2.

I seen a bus driver trying to make a turn and was out of the bus trying to stop the carts :rotfl::rotfl:.

We had a great time at the fort on the 4th and will be back again in aug for my DD birthday.

And the guy riding the cooler was a blast to see.

Ron.

That looks like a fun time:thumbsup2 Loved the pictures Jen, your son is a cutie! I have to agree the guy riding the cooler:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter