4th of July fireworks

kmfdm

Earning My Ears
Hi all, we are staying at BLT for the 4th, and have a few questions for people who have been to the Magic Kingdom on the 4th. #1 is it better to view the fireworks from the TOWL or from the park, my understanding is that they do a special fireworks show where they light up the sky all over the area. #2 do they do special parades just on the 4th or is it the same all week? We are trying to decide if we want to use that day as resort day, any information is appreciated.

When we went 2 years ago they did the 4th of
July fireworks on the 3rd as well. Magic kingdom was incredibly crowded ... We ended up at HS

4 years ago we did the Tomorrowland Dessert Fireworks party on July 3rd, it was great!

I did the same thing last year (2014). We stayed at BLT so we could walk back after the MK fireworks. We watched from Main Street on the bridge near the hub and it was amazing. Main Street does get crowded pretty early. We had a 6:15 dining reservation at the Plaza Restaurant and the hub and street were already full of people before we went in to eat. We found a spot after dinner and plopped down around 7:30 and waited.

If I did it again, I would consider the beach at Poly or TOWL. In addition to the occasional 360 degree fireworks, most of the fireworks that go off behind the castle were also going off over the train station so I was constantly looking all around.

We were at the BLT last 3rd of July. It was one of the best firework shows I have ever seen. I am sure the Main Street view is great. BUT from the top of the tower is unmatched. You can see from the Poly to beyond the castle and at times there are shells going off on all sides. The crowd is reasonable, as they do not let anyone but DVC, staying at the BLT up that night. I saw them turn away DVC that did not have a room reservation. So go up about 45 minutes before the show, stake out a spot and enjoy.

One year we planned dinner at the California Grill and enjoyed the fireworks right from out dinner table. The dim the lights and pipe in the music, a birthday present to me

We were staying at BLT last 4th of July and we watched from the walkway between BLT and the Contemporary Tower. They had the music piped in. It was amazing. You could see fireworks from all over and it wasn't as crazy crowded as a park though it was elbow to elbow and you want to make sure you get there a little early to get an unimpeded view but we weren't waiting for hours. I think we got there 20 to 30 minutes beforehand.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter