4th of July at Disneyland Resort

WebmasterMaryJo

Techarita
Staff member
Administrator
<font color=navy>I was just sitting at home, DISing all day, so this afternoon I decided to go over to Disneyland & watch the fireworks. :cool:

I got to the parking lot, and moved right up onto level 4. The parking lot seemed empty, so I thought that the Land and DCA would be "relatively" empty for the 4th. I'm glad to say I was wrong.

I first went to Downtown Disney. I have never seen it as crowded as it was today! There were people everywhere. I went to the Grand Californian to take some pictures of the pool there so it could be compared to the one at Disneyland Hotel. When I entered the cool hotel, I headed to the lobby. There were so many people in here - not overly crowded, but bustling. What a difference to the quiet of the hotel back in February. The pianist was playing, and people were in the lounge listening. I headed upstairs to the 6th floor - really really wanted to check out that Captains Suite! :smooth: As I left the hotel, I noticed that the pianist was now gone, but I could hear a CM tell a story to some guests by the big fireplace. I could tell they were enjoying the story by their shouting and laughter.

I found a terrace off of the 5th floor (I didn't know that was there!), and could see the pool below and DCA behind it. By now the sun was almost setting, and the air was warm. I could also hear the sounds of people having fun in the pool, and the happy sounds from the theme park. It was really nice. There are Star of Jasmine plants and lemon trees on the terrace, so the air smells very sweet.

After strolling around the hotel, I decided to head on over to Disneyland. There were so many people! I browsed around the shops and spent money. Finally, at 9pm, I went to the middle of Main Street - it was already crowded with people, and more came as the time for the fireworks neared.

Finally, we saw the fireworks. I enjoy them everytime I see them. And when you add all the oohs and ahs from the people around (especially the first-timers), it was very enjoyable. After they were over, Disney started up again, but this time in tribute to America. I thought they were beautiful. There was a quote from President Kennedy, Martin Luther King Jr, and from the first landing on the moon. Couldn't help it - I teared up. Everyone cheered loudly when it was over.

Getting out was impossible at this time, so I waited a half hour or so. A CM said that this night and New Years Eve are the busiest (& I thought the day after Thanksgiving was). Oh, just an idea on times for rides -- Peter Pan=35 minutes, Matterhorn=25 minutes, Splash Mtn=95 mins, and Indy Jones=120 mins -- yikes :earseek: Luckily, I wasn't there to ride - just watch & spend $$.

Well, I headed out, but decided to take advantage of my 2-park pass, and headed over to DCA. I was surprised to see people lined up. I realized that the Electrical Parade was going to start soon, so I plopped myself down right in front of the Greetings souvenir shop. While I waited, I noticed the big sun and the perpetual wave. The sun changed colors as it reflected the changing lights - very very pretty. I had a great view of the parade. Now the big drum says "Disney's Electrical Parade" and "A California Classic" on it. I had thought that it would feel "funny" to see the parade in DCA, but I loved it... as did the other few hundred people watching it around me. We clapped, and we cheered, and the characters in the parade hammed it up for us.

It was a great way to celebrate the 225th anniversary of the birth of our country. :sunny:

Wow, good for you, MJ! Thanks for sharing, I was wondering how the Electrical Parade would be at DCA. Sounds like you had a wonderful 4th! :D

<font color=red>What a great 4th you had. :sunny: </font>

Oh you are so lucky to live close to DL! Sounds like it was a magical Fourth of July celebration in Anaheim. The fireworks must have been spectacular! I liked how your referred to the "smell", because it does smell so nice there and I miss all the flowering trees and plants. It was a big let down to come back to VA and only see a few flowers, but lots of green hills and mountains! Glad you had a memorable day (and evening) celebrating in DL and DCA. Thanks for the post!

It was nice to read your report MaryJo. My 13-yr old DD is at DL right now with her aunt and uncle (oh how I wish I was there!) and called me after the fireworks on the 4th. They thought it was a great show, not having been in the US on Ind. Day before. Today's their last day and then they're back on Amtrak to Seattle and then home to B.C. I'm really looking forward to my new DCA t-shirt that my DD is bringing me!

Marjorie:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter