• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

4th of JULY 2008 Firework Viewing Advice

Sunshine56

Cruiseaholic
I am looing for some firework viewing advice. DD-10, DM and I are going to be in Orlando 6/28-7/5. We are not doing the Parks:scared1: :eek: as DD and I have saved up for Discovery Cove/Sea World adventure. However, I would love to experience/view the Parks fireworks on the 4th. I was thinking about makeing priority reservations at one of the Resorts with the hopes there might be some good viewing. Any suggestions?

Also looking for suggestions on which Resort (s) is a must see/dine in? Even though we are not doing the Parks - we still want to experience Disney.

Thanks in advance for your suggestions and advice. :thanks: pixiedust:

I suggest seeing the MK fireworks from the beach of the Polynesian resort. These fireworks are the very best that I've ever seen. Unique and beautiful fireworks. Nicely timed with the music. Very patriotic.

The view from the Poly is outstanding. Since the fireworks are shot up from all around the lagoon, you get to see the entire effect.

Parking WILL be a problem. You will not be allowed to park at the Poly unless you have an ADR at one of its restaurants. And chances are pretty good that the MK will shut its gates due to capacity issues, thus you may not be allowed to park at the TTC.

Other than an ADR at the Poly, you could get an ADR at either the CR or the GF and then monorail over to the Poly. If you don't want to eat at the resorts, it might be best if you parked at Downtown Disney and took a bus to the TTC, then walked to the Poly.

Well thank you for the information, I just got ADR for Kona Cafe(8pm), All the others were booked up! I am really hoping to get a great view of the fireworks!

Larry

Well thank you for the information, I just got ADR for Kona Cafe(8pm), All the others were booked up! I am really hoping to get a great view of the fireworks!

Larry

:welcome: to the DIS, Larry!

As you may know, the Kona does not have a view of the MK fireworks, but it is a GREAT restaurant, and you can walk downstairs and out to the Poly Beach for wonderful views of the holiday fireworks.
(See map below.)

Poly Beach MK Fireworks "Holiday Finale" (This is Christmas, but July 4th finale is similar.)
Poly-Beach-Firewx-Cln.jpg

Poly-TTC_042408.jpg

O wow that is an awsome view.. I was just planning on a quick dinner and then go out to the beach for fireworks..

Larry

A reminder that the MK does it's 4th Fireworks on BOTH the evenings of the 3rd and 4th of July. ;)

I agree with watching the fireworks from the beach at the Polynesian. I was there over the 4th back in 2002, and it was so nice to be on the beach and see the fireworks! I swear that they shot them from places other than the MK. I thought I remember some coming from behind the Contemporary, but maybe I'm mistaken.

For super special shows like this (and even for parts of Wishes) there are fireworks launching areas behind the Magic Kingdom, outside of the park boundaries .. so your memory is correct.

Knox

I thought it was like a 360 degree show! I just remember that it could never get better than it was that day! It was incredible! :)

O wow that is an awsome view.. I was just planning on a quick dinner and then go out to the beach for fireworks..

Larry

I think it is a great plan! We did that our first trip to WDW with our son (then 8) on the 3rd and the fireworks were spectacular plus we got to see the Electric Water Pageant as an added bonus! :thumbsup2

On the 4th we braved the MK crowds and really had one of our best days ever in Disney.

And Kona is great for dinner!

Did they play the music at the Poly beach? I'm going down for the 4th for the sole purpose of seeing the fireworks, and I'm still debating on whether to stay in the MK and brave the crowds or monorail it over to the Poly. I've watch MNNSHP fireworks from the Poly Beach and the special music was not piped in, but I watched Pirate and Princesses and the music was piped in.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter