4th FP+ Live Yet????

mom2AidanAndEli

DIS Veteran
I know we've all heard that they're going to be adding more FPs, available after you've used your first three and only through the kiosks (or at least that was my understanding!) Who's done this already? And how was it? I'd love to hear the reports of how it's working---if anyone's actually been able to do it yet. People are starting to claim it's live, but I've not seen a single report of anyone actually doing it.

So if you have, please share! If you've tried and it didn't work, please share that as well.

I was JUST going to post this same question! AND wondering if the park hopper FP+ option is "live" yet too.

Thanks!:goodvibes

I was kind of hoping that it would go live on the 20th, along with the A&E change over. Maybe they are waiting until after the 7DMT opens and gets kinks worked out. I sure hope not. It would be fantastic this up and going by this weekend. :D

PoppyGirl said:
I was JUST going to post this same question! AND wondering if the park hopper FP+ option is "live" yet too.

Thanks!:goodvibes

I've been off the boards for a couple weeks (vacay and no WiFi or free internet) Has it been announced park hopping is happening?

I really want park hopper option soon. I right now only have fp for my afternoon parks it would be great to have fp in my morning parks too.

Is the hopper part of it going to be for the 4th FP or the prebooked 3? I guess we'll have to wait and see.

I can't see them allowing hopping for the three prebooked FPs because they would have to tier all of the parks together. At least I think they would. It sure would be great to use those 2 other tier 2 Epcot FPs somewhere else though!

Looking forward to hearing reports of this.

ArwenMarie said:
Is the hopper part of it going to be for the 4th FP or the prebooked 3? I guess we'll have to wait and see.

I can't see them allowing hopping for the three prebooked FPs because they would have to tier all of the parks together. At least I think they would. It sure would be great to use those 2 other tier 2 Epcot FPs somewhere else though!

Looking forward to hearing reports of this.

Yeah - I agree about using the 2 tier 2 at Epcot somewhere else. Very curious how this will all work out. If the parks will all be tiered together or if for example they'll let you prebook TSM and ToT in the morning and then Soarin' in the afternoon. The next day you could prebook TT in the morning and then RnRC and Star Tours in the afternoon. Wishful thinking I'm sure.

Not only has it not been announced it's not been confirmed that it's even happening.

So far there is nothing more than a blog post that based on guest feedback they realize some changes will need to be made. A 4th FP after the first 3 are used and hopping are 2 things that are on the table.

I really wish people would stop taking that to mean it's a done deal. It's not.

Not only has it not been announced it's not been confirmed that it's even happening.

So far there is nothing more than a blog post that based on guest feedback they realize some changes will need to be made. A 4th FP after the first 3 are used and hopping are 2 things that are on the table.

It has been confirmed by Disney on their official blog, the start date just hasn't been announced.

It has been confirmed by Disney on their official blog, the start date just hasn't been announced.

I did see the blog post but I just interpreted what I read differently. I read that it was under consideration not a done deal. Until it's announced and active, I consider all plans soft/unconfirmed because until it's active and in place, things can, and often do, change.

From the Disney Parks Blog

Tom Staggs on April 7th, 2014 at 11:12 am

As I mentioned, we’re working on providing guests with the ability to add and enjoy additional entitlements on the day of their visit, and also provide them the ability to make additional FastPass+ selections after park-hopping. We expect both to come online later this spring.

Tom Staggs is the chairman of Walt Disney Park and Resorts. It's entirely possible that they decide they can't (or don't want to) implement these features. But as of right now, you can't get much more official.

From the Disney Parks Blog

Tom Staggs on April 7th, 2014 at 11:12 am

As I mentioned, we’re working on providing guests with the ability to add and enjoy additional entitlements on the day of their visit, and also provide them the ability to make additional FastPass+ selections after park-hopping. We expect both to come online later this spring.

Sorry, I just don't take that as golden, done deal. I take that as they are looking in to doing it. When it's active, that's when it's a done deal.

I did see the blog post but I just interpreted what I read differently. I read that it was under consideration not a done deal. Until it's announced and active, I consider all plans soft/unconfirmed because until it's active and in place, things can, and often do, change.

Sure, things can change, however this is one of if not the only FP+ change that has been shared by Disney in advance of it happening. I think it is as good as guaranteed when they chose to share it with the public given how secretive they've been about everything else.

Sorry, I just don't take that as golden, done deal. I take that as they are looking in to doing it. When it's active, that's when it's a done deal.

I agree that it's never a done deal with Disney until it's actually done. But this is far from a rumor.

I've read a number of anecdotal reports that people have received the 4th FP.

It's coming in one form or another I would say. But the details...who knows, could end up being anything.

I've read a number of anecdotal reports that people have received the 4th FP.

But did they actually receive a fourth or let one of their earlier ones expire and were able to rebook it later? I've heard of people not using one and being able to switch it later to something else. But I haven't heard one person say they actually USED 4 FPs in one day. That's what I'm wondering about.

I'm wondering if I should change all the times of my fast passes to early times just in case....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter