• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

4th fastpass is only a placeholder of whats to come

minniegirl19

Mouseketeer
I have a source that works behind the scenes with Fastpass +. I was told that the 4th fast pass is only a placeholder of whats to come in the coming months. The new system will be released when the new update on the app comes.. possibly July. The new system is called the "Rolling Three" . This will allow us to book fast passes after using one. This means once you use one fast pass you'll be able to book another one and so on.

I am happy to hear this personally but i feel like disney wasted so much money to make it just like the old fast pass except its on a phone and we can book them ahead of time.

Hope everyones excited about the news though!

I almost feel like they should of dine a Netflix type pass system...
Pick your 3 you want then make a bunch of backups and if its available then that becomea your next one in line...

Speaking of using phones in the park, I have never had much luck using my phone in the park due to lack of service. Is this because I have Sprint or is it because so many people are using their phones too? Or does Dusney block it in some way? I feel at a slight disadvantage with the fast pass + system with no cell service.

Speaking of using phones in the park, I have never had much luck using my phone in the park due to lack of service. Is this because I have Sprint or is it because so many people are using their phones too? Or does Dusney blockbut in some way? I feel at a slight disadvantage with the fast pass + system with no cell service.

Disney provides free WiFi for this purpose.
Does your phone not have a WiFi connection?

(Sprint cell service is not blocked, BTW.)

minniegirl19 said:
I have a source that works behind the scenes with Fastpass +. I was told that the 4th fast pass is only a placeholder of whats to come in the coming months. The new system will be released when the new update on the app comes.. possibly July. The new system is called the "Rolling Three" . This will allow us to book fast passes after using one. This means once you use one fast pass you'll be able to book another one and so on.

I am happy to hear this personally but i feel like disney wasted so much money to make it just like the old fast pass except its on a phone and we can book them ahead of time.

This would be great news! I am planning a trip for early December and hope a few more updates come out by then. I think the current system doesn't work that great for park hoppers. I'd like to be able to reserve my initial 3 passes at any park, for example. Excited to see what's to come!

Yes my phone has wifi, but I usually turn that off so it doesn't run down the battery searching. I just remember trying to use an app or online service to check waiting times before and just couldn't get it to work. I didn't realize you could link up to Disney's wifi in the theme parks. Thanks for the tip!

The "Rolling Three" sounds like an awesome idea. I, personally, love being able to book FP while waiting for other rides instead of criss-crossing the parks. I also like being able to book them in advance.

When I was there in Oct I found the app incredibly frustrating to use in the parks, but now I have read the tip of always going throuh the site, so I hope that helps.

I think a lot of people have thought that something like this would be coming some day. It was hinted at in the survey that Disney used a few months ago. I hope it does work out this way because it would add even more flexibility for guests based on how they want to tour. For example, for people like us who like to take a break in the middle of the day and then go to a different park, we could book two FPs for our second park and one for the morning park that we could roll as we use it. It would also allow guests to book one of the night shows without forfeiting the right to get more FPs during the day.

I also want to comment on the bolded statement above.

First of all, it is not as if Disney is spending "all this money" just for making FPs available in a different way. There is so much more to MM+, including some things that we haven't seen yet, like allowing guests to develop customized schedules through MDE based on priorities they establish.

Plus, the "except" things are pretty significant. Allowing some FPs to be booked in advance allows everyone to know in advance that they have some FPs for some of their favorite attractions before they get to the park. That also ensures that more guests will be taking advantage of the FP system, leading to a more balanced (note I am not using the word "fairer") distribution of FPs among guests.

Also, the ability to make FP reservations remotely without actually going to a machine at the attraction, and to change reservations after they are made is also significant, even if the availability of FPs is limited. IMHO, a limited ability to do something is better than no ability at all.

FP+ has made our recent trips (at Christmas and Easter) more enjoyable because of the ability to make late afternoon and evening FP reservations. Changes like this could make it even better.

Well, if they allow you to add the additional ones using your phone, I like it. If they force you to use a kiosk, not so much.

Speaking of using phones in the park, I have never had much luck using my phone in the park due to lack of service. Is this because I have Sprint or is it because so many people are using their phones too? Or does Dusney block it in some way? I feel at a slight disadvantage with the fast pass + system with no cell service.

Sprint's service is terrible in the parks, specially Animal Kingdom.

When I was there in Oct I found the app incredibly frustrating to use in the parks, but now I have read the tip of always going throuh the site, so I hope that helps.

I'm hoping this works for us, too, since the app is not available for the iPod Touch, and we don't have phones from the last decade :)

FP+ would be awesome if they implemented this and allowed you to split the original 3 over multiple parks.

I agree that being able to split the original 3 is an important part of making this most useful. Without that I would still lean toward using FPs at a second park, at least on some days.

Even if it didn't start that way, I would think they would implement that eventually because it would allow them to sell more hopper tickets. It would also be consistent with the overarching objective of encouraging guests to spend more days and more time at WDW.

I was also told they are trying to figure out what they are doing about park hopping as we speak. They haven't decided whether to allow us to book passes for different parks at once or have to wait like it is now. With the rolling three this would mean once we use the first fast pass we would be able to book our next one in a different park for whatever time we would like. I was also told that have specific inventory that they let out the day of thats why some passes for big rides at other parks like TSMM at HS was available for that person in the other post later in the day.

I think making it like the old fast pass but with the ability to book ahead of time and from your phone/computer is the best possible improvement they could make and if that's what it ends up being think it's the best money Disney has spent since, ever.

The ability to control your times Is great. With old fast pass I got some I couldn't make because of dinner reservations or other plans.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter