49 & my very 1st Tattoo, how about you?

I got my first one when I was almost 21 (a couple years ago) and am going for my second one at the end of May. I am going with my cousin, and we're getting one together. The one I have now is a gerbera daisy and my next one is going to be a Fleur De Lis. :thumbsup2 I can't wait!

Ive been thinking about getting a tattoo for awhile now (not disney related) but i hate needles/pain so i keep thinking about it and havent gone for it...yet!

I am intrigued by tatoos, I love watching LA Ink. I have thought about getting one, thought perhaps my son's name in pretty script letters with a heart, would love to do it on my ankle, but heard how painful it is so the words CHICKEN come in to play. Not sure where else I would put it, so maybe it is just a fantasy.

I also have a hidden mickey. It is small, about the size of a nickel and it looks like the Disney Quest logo, a green mickey right behind my left ear. I never wear my hair up so nobody ever sees it, but I know my little hidden mickey is lurking there.

After I Finish chemo, I want to get one on my ankle: Irish Love knot with a Breast Cancer ribbon going thur it and at the bottom of the ribbon I want 3 very sm Mickey Heads for my 3 Sons. Besides my husband these are the 3 things that mean the most to me;)

That is too cute and very original :)

I have always loved tattoos, got my g-ma to take me to a tattoo convention (needed parent/guardian, luckily she loved it) when I was 17 to plan for my 18th bday tattoo :). I was 18 when I got my 1st- the fantasia mickey scene on my right shoulder. All those little stars hurt! My 2nd one was 19/20 and I went with my cousin and we both got black japanese symbols on our necks. I got immature, it so fits me. It has faded in the past 10 years though. You'd think your neck would hurt, but it doesn't. Early 20's I got a blue & white japanese symbol of summer on my right upper arm- my dd's middle name. I really like the look of symbols and tribals. My next one will be a monkey, my sons nickname with his handwritting of his name under it and then my dd's handwritting of her name under my summer tat.

Very cute!

Now that you have one, you'll keep wanting more! (At least, that's my experience, lol.)

Haha, not in my case! Mine is itty bitty and on my inner wrist. I can honestly say I highly doubt I'd get another one. I love my tattoo, and seeing it everyday is good for me in some way that I can't quite express... But I really feel no need for another one.

That said, I can see how some people find them addictive. :flower3: I'm just not one of them.

I wanted to get a tattoo with my kids' names on it, but DW didn't want me to set a bad example for them. Smart, she's not my Better Half for nothing!

Once they're grown up, though, I'm getting that tat. :)

Neato!

I have 7.. none Disney related.

I've heard the bottom of your feet, inside of your hand and the tops of you fingers are worst for "wearing" but my wedding ring hasn't had any touch ups and it still looks awesome! I've had it since November of '07 (I kept chickening out but I've been married since April '04)

People are SO shocked when they realize I have tattoos. They tell me I'm too "Girl Next Door." :rotfl:

:rolleyes1

I got mine also around 45 years old. Can you find my hidden mickey?
100_0391.jpg

i wouldn't mind having a tiny star or heart of cross or something, but im terrified of needles and i hate pain. so im too scared.

I got mine also around 45 years old. Can you find my hidden mickey?
100_0391.jpg

WOW I love yours.

OK so believe it or not it's only been a week & mine is slowly fading? :confused3
They (the tat guys) said it would most likely do it but I thought they were talking in months/year.
So......Now I'm thinking since I know what it feels like (as chicken as I am) I may put it on the inside below my ankle bone?
I'm so disappointed that it's fading, it never itched or scabbed so now it's back to the inking board. I really wanted it where no one could see it but could show it off at the parks while waiting in line making small talk with others. Know what I mean? So much for my first ever tattoo :(

WOW I love yours.

OK so believe it or not it's only been a week & mine is slowly fading? :confused3
They (the tat guys) said it would most likely do it but I thought they were talking in months/year.
So......Now I'm thinking since I know what it feels like (as chicken as I am) I may put it on the inside below my ankle bone?
I'm so disappointed that it's fading, it never itched or scabbed so now it's back to the inking board. I really wanted it where no one could see it but could show it off at the parks while waiting in line making small talk with others. Know what I mean? So much for my first ever tattoo :(

I am surprised that the artist didn't try to talk you out of the bottom of the toe. While it wouldn't hurt much since it is not near the bone, it wouldn't seem to be a place that would ink well. Did you use tattoo goo/vaseline? If it never scabbed, maybe they didn't get the ink deep enough too. If you go back they might be willing to try to fix it. Most reputable shops will.

Below the ankle bone shouldn't hurt too bad. Right over the ankle bone will hurt. Also, if the tattoo is large you just kind of get numb after a bit and don't feel it any more.

Some people get them on the top of the foot - that generally inks pretty good. Hurts a bit because it is close to the bone but not as bad as the hands do.

WOW I love yours.

I'm sorry to hear that! I was worried it would start to fade, but had no idea it would fake so quickly!!

That is too cute and very original :)

I have always loved tattoos, got my g-ma to take me to a tattoo convention (needed parent/guardian, luckily she loved it) when I was 17 to plan for my 18th bday tattoo :). I was 18 when I got my 1st- the fantasia mickey scene on my right shoulder. All those little stars hurt! My 2nd one was 19/20 and I went with my cousin and we both got black japanese symbols on our necks. I got immature, it so fits me. It has faded in the past 10 years though. You'd think your neck would hurt, but it doesn't. Early 20's I got a blue & white japanese symbol of summer on my right upper arm- my dd's middle name. I really like the look of symbols and tribals. My next one will be a monkey, my sons nickname with his handwritting of his name under it and then my dd's handwritting of her name under my summer tat.

We have always called DS "little monkey" and then we discovered, while visiting the China pavilion, that he was born in the Chinese year of the monkey. So I have that zodiac symbol, along with the dragon for DD, on my back for both my kids. I would love to get a french phrase tattooed somewhere, but I wouldn't know where to put it. I would think it would clash with the Chinese symbols, you know? Just not sure.

WOW I love yours.

Is it possible that the ink is "lifting"? I've heard of that happening if you itch or something rubs the tattoo frequently. It doesn't allow it to scab over and heal very well. Maybe that's what happened in your case since it was on the bottom of the toe, maybe it rubbed when you walked and caused the ink to not take as well?

I didn't think it would fade out that quickly either. I mean really I figured on months.

My husband goes back in about a week to get his retouched, his is all flakey (on his back) even with the tattoo goo 3-4x a day. I'll see about them re touching mine up too. I had someone else tell me maybe he didn't go deep enough either. I guess I'll go with it below my inside right ankle if push comes to shove or should I say dark goes to fade :rotfl:

Thanks everyone...and I was soooo excited last week, live n learn :rolleyes1

I didn't think it would fade out that quickly either. I mean really I figured on months.

My husband goes back in about a week to get his retouched, his is all flakey (on his back) even with the tattoo goo 3-4x a day. I'll see about them re touching mine up too. I had someone else tell me maybe he didn't go deep enough either. I guess I'll go with it below my inside right ankle if push comes to shove or should I say dark goes to fade :rotfl:

Thanks everyone...and I was soooo excited last week, live n learn :rolleyes1

I'd question the quality of your artist's work if you both are having issues already.

I've had seven tattoos done. My artist rarely has to do touch up work. (He's done extensive work for my husband and several of our friends.) None of mine (that he has done) have ever required touch up work and I have a good size piece done on my lower back.

Now a tattoo I had done previously has needed touch up work.. but my "good" artist fixed that right up for me too.

Also from your description of the "pain" it makes me wonder. I have a pretty high pain tolerance, but my easiest tattoo, wasn'/t nearly as easy as you described. They don't have to be overly rough, (my good artist has a much lighter hand than the previous one I used) but there should be some discomfort.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter