40th Birthday Trip - Jan 2006 - Day 4

isanda

Mouseketeer
Cast
Ian (Me!) the old looking one
Sandra DW – never gets excited
Alison – DD (12) – starting to enjoy the ‘Big’ rides
Christopher – DS (6) – amazing stamina
Peter – Brother – the older looking one ;)

Our final full day at DLP…..and could it be true….but yes….it was getting colder!!!! The main lake from our window was now frozen over
Picture_146.jpg

and as we walked to the Magic Kingdom, flakes of snow started to fall.

We headed for the comfort of Salon Mickey again and helped ourselves to the free drinks and food, before venturing into the park.

We had decided we were going to make the most of our VIP Fast Pass today and we decided to split up for some of the time. DD had become a Big Thunder Mountain freak this time and we must have gone on the ride 8 or 9 times today. Several were later on in the day as dusk was falling and so was the snow.

I managed to ride my fave Space Mountain today and we also caught the Winter Wonderland show. We had Inventions at the Disneyland Hotel booked for our evening meal, so we grazed on bits and pieces all day. The VIP Fast Pass made our day so much easier.

We decided that we should really see the parades properly today, so we positioned ourselves and froze for a good 30 minutes.
Picture_132.jpg

Picture_115.jpg

DS was getting very tired and DW and my brother took him off for some shill out time, while me and DS rode BTM until we could take no more.
Picture_110.jpg

It was dark and on the walk back to the entrance I manged to snap some shots of the castle.

An unusual angle from behind
General_233.jpg

And with the Xmas lights in all their glory.
General_236.jpg

We found a spot for Fantillusion near the entrance, so we could make a quick getaway and enjoyed the parade very much……did I mention it was cold though!!!
General_248.jpg

General_247.jpg

Had a lovely final meal at Inventions at the Disneyland Hotel
General_267.jpg

I love their buffet……..king prawns everywhere you look. The kids enjoyed tucking into their usual healthy treats. Ice cream on a day like this!!!!

Full with food and drink we headed back to our room, only to find a small Mickey for each of the kids waiting and a bowl full of sweets and jelly beans.

Tomorrow…it was the journey home and my review of the whole stay!!!

I didn't think your photos could get better but the definately have. Really enjoyed the castle ones.

The cold seems to get right into your bones doesn't it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter