40th Birthday Trip - Jan 2006 - Day 1

isanda

Mouseketeer
Cast
Ian (Me!) the old looking one
Sandra DW – never gets excited
Alison – DD (12) – starting to enjoy the ‘Big’ rides
Christopher – DS (6) – amazing stamina
Peter – Brother – the older looking one ;)

This was a trip for my 40th Birthday on the 3rd January 2006. OMG…am I really that old…..surely not….I demand a recount.

I booked our flights on the internet with Jet2.com, flying from Leeds to Paris. Amazingly cheap prices, so I was a bit worried in case the plane had a big rubber band underneath it.

I drove the crew across to Leeds Airport and parked in long stay. Never used Leeds airport before and although it is very small, the fact that you can almost walk from long stay parking to the terminal has to be a plus. Arrived way too early as usual, but got checked straight in and had the usual kill some time shopping and eating to get on with.

Our plane was dead on time. Kitted out very nicely with leather seats throughout. A really good flight…..you could buy drinks and food but with a flight of only just over an hour, you are going back down almost as soon as you have got up!

Arrived at a very quiet terminal at CGD airport……and rang to let Paris shuttle taxi company know we had arrived. They took a little while to arrive,
Picture_002.jpg

but we had a very nice Merc to transfer us to the Newport Bay Hotel.

Only took about 30 minutes or so to get to the hotel and we were met by the doorman in his lovely long blue coat.

I had treated myself to a suite this time and had to haul my brother out of the regular queue for check-in, so we could go to the Admiral’s Floor check in desk. My brother does always like to be ‘in charge’, you may notice the theme as we progress.

We were issued with our room key, our invitation to breakfast in the Captain’s Quarters and our VIP Fast Pass. (You can use this on any Fast Pass ride over and over again!!!!)

We were taken to our room and our bags arrived shortly afterwards.

The room was lovely. We had double doors (with our own doorbell!), a small hallway with fresh flowers, a toilet just off the hall, a lovely sitting room with TV and stereo.
Picture_005.jpg

From there double doors lead through to the main bedroom with an enormous bed (you could have got all the Waltons in there!)
Picture_003.jpg

and a bathroom with shower, bath and fresh flowers.
Picture_012.jpg

There was a large walk in wardrobe. Then through to a connecting room with 2 double beds and another bathroom!!! To add to all this was a gift of candy on the sitting room table wrapped in ribbons and with some DLP mugs and on the bed was a Mickey from Space Mountain which DS claimed straight away.

We had a lovely view over the lake towards the Hotel New York and the Panoramagique balloon.
Picture_015.jpg

We decided we were too late to hit the parks, so decided to book into Chef Mickeys and have a wander round Disney Village.
Picture_029.jpg

Had a good meal in Chef Mickeys and wandered back to the hotel for an early bed.

By the way…its very very cold!!!!!!

Tomorrow….Hit Magic Kingdom and my Birthday Meal!!!

Thanks for posting this :thumbsup2

That room looks really great, can I be cheeky and ask how much it cost for the suite?

This is my dream for my 40th so I am reading your report avidly.
Great photos..

Superb room, we were so impressed with the NPB Admiral's Floor last time I was thinkig about trying a suite there next time - you may well have just sold it to me. :love:

Thank you for your funny TR! I would also like to know how much you paid for the suite and for the taxi as well!

We have also been there in January! And yes it can get could.

A winter trip is different from a summer trip. Because during the summer season you don't have to think about were you can heat up yourself next!
We went to many shops and stood in the door because there was some kind of heat from above!

But if I were you I would go back to DLRP asap!
Since Januray there were massive rehabs:
Village
NPBC (inside and outside)
SL
DLH
soon BTM will be closed for 6 weeks for a massive rehab!

And since Januray Buzz opend! You will love this one!
And until the end of 2007 there will be three new attactions in the Studios!
And also in 2007 they celebrate the 15th anniversery with a whole new parade! :Pinkbounc

Does anyone know if these photos are from a resort suite at Newport Bay? I have booked one and was just wondering if it would be like this. Here's hoping!

Yes the pictures are from a suite at the NPBC!
But in DLRP the hotels are no resorts like in WDW! It could be that you will have the same suite! When will you be there?

That's good to know. It looks huge and the view is magnificent. We will have a 7 month old baby with us so I will probably be spending more time than usual in the hotel room. We will be there from 27th June - 3rd July. When I phoned the suite phone line, there was only this suite left at NPB so we booked it. We were afraid that if we left it a while to think about it there would be none left, or we might have changed our mind when we thought about the price!

When staying in a suite, is there a separate place to have breakfast? I have read that there are massive crowds at breakfast there.

I haven't stayed at NPB before & I can't wait to see it & the suite.

Hopefully things won't have changed for the suites and you will be invited to have breakfast in the Captain's Quarters as Ian and family did in the report. We had it last year (staying on the Admiral's Floor) and it was superb, it's a small very pretty room, in fact I'm pretty sure that's the roof and verandah of it that you can see in the photo overlooking the lake. It's a mixture of self service and waitress - it was a very very nice experience and a lovely start to the day. Usual menu but with extras such as fresh fruit (not fruit cocktail) and some out of this world Danish pastries.

I do hope you like the NPB but paying the extra money for the suite will be so worthwhile, for the location and the extras - I'm sure you'll have a fantastic time - please come back and tell us all about it. :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter