40th Birthday Gag Gift

4disney

Earning My Ears
Looking for a unique 40th birthday gift for a husband and wife celebrating their 40th together. Don't want to do the cane and old fart stuff. Any ideas? On a budget that is

Can't remember where I read this from but...

For the husband, get him a CD by the group UB40.

For the wife, get her a CD by U2.

I like the CD idea.

We got by BIL 40 used golf balls. Used because of the cost. Golf balls because he is a golfer.

I got a prune bouquet for my 40th. My friend bought black silk roses and replaced all the flowers with prunes. Presented in a vase with baby's breath and a ribbon.
That's really the only present I remember!

I detest gag gifts. Unless you can afford a "real" gift and a gag gift then forgo the gag gift. Realize that all those gag gifts end up in yard sales, goodwill bags or the trash! Do you really want to spend your hard earned cash on a gift that is going to end up in the trash?

If you really insist on a gag gift then find a decent restaurant in town that advertises an early bird special then cut out the ad and include a gift card for that restaurant.

What about 40 of something they can enjoy; 40 candy bars, cans of soda, dollar bills etc.

I also detest the tacky gag gifts. 40 really isn't old enough anyway...go with 40 of something.

We got a $40 gift card to a store/restaurant. Still has the 40 theme but at least they could use it. Not sure what you mean by budget though.

For my 40th, my sisters and parents each sent me 40 of something. One sister lives in the same town so one day I came home and found 40 cans of diet coke arranged on our deck. Another sister sent 40 twinkies. Dad gave me 40 instant lottery tickets (which I won over $100 with!). Another sister gave me 40 coupons for "old people" stuff (like geritol and one a day senior formula). Mom crumpled up 40 one dollar bills and put them in a box with crumpled up newspaper. Another sister sent 40 one dollar gift certificates to Dairy Queen.

I really had a blast trying to guess who sent what, because they didn't put their names on anything.

When my sister turned 40, we made a CD of songs she loved as a kid. She thought that was pretty cool.

I do not like gag gifts either. I agree that they are usually thrown out, or put into garage sales. How about just a couple of cards? Even if there is a big present opening "ceremony" no one will care or notice that you did not bring a gift.

If you really insist on a gag gift then find a decent restaurant in town that advertises an early bird special then cut out the ad and include a gift card for that restaurant.

Now THAT is funny! It is also a great idea! :thumbsup2

Get a flower pot, paint it black, and put a piece of styrofoam in the pot. Arrange 40 suckers into a "flower bouquet", and write "40 Sucks" on the side of the pot. Budget priced and fitting for the gag gift category. :)

At 40 [take it from someone who has been there] first the knees go, followed swiftly by the eyes, men's hearing goes, while women hear gets better[to hear his snoring by[a box of ear plugs will get used] but both will need brighter lighting to find the lost car keys,[always check the the refidgerator and Freeze 1st people of this age need cold keys to combat hot flashes] hmm a loaded American Express or Visa card to pay for all those Dr. co-pays for yearly tests, would be really useful, also for the drug store reading glasses, and the As Seen On TV Increased Volume Personal Hearing Device for him so he can hear the tv without blasting her out of the room, a lighted magnifying device to read dosages on pill bottles with, Old Man Slippers found at Family Dollar store, A Snuggie one of the New ones With pockets for your glasses, cell phone, MP3 player, and the TV Remote, of course you better add a car key pocket, too!! Sensible shoes are now needed so a gift card for Crocs.com would be a good choice!

Get a flower pot, paint it black, and put a piece of styrofoam in the pot. Arrange 40 suckers into a "flower bouquet", and write "40 Sucks" on the side of the pot. Budget priced and fitting for the gag gift category. :)

Ideas like this are part of why I love this board. (I also like mentally vacationing in Disney on a cold winter morning or a boring afternoon).

I'm going to adapt this for a get-well gift.

Yup! This my standard gift!!! A bag of DumDums from Sam's Club is $10 and lasts for a LOT of birthdays! I get a cheap/funny/cute mug to put them in.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter