40th Anniversary WDW

WOO HOO.....we are talking about another DL in 2011 to checkout World of Color. New parade would be icing on the cake (NOT the big pink castle cake, however!!!)

Hey Donut23 !,

I am a long time Disney Fan as well.

But To confirm what Queenofspoons said, Disneyland does have a new parade in the works called Mickey's Soundsational Parade and it is in the works for 2011.
This news is on the Disney Parks Blog. :banana:

Yes, as of right now, Disneyland IS getting a new parade next year. :yay:

- William Dwight Stewart, Jr.

Let the memories begin? Uh, well, O.K......

5312c200.jpg

81a237c0.jpg

42c9a100.jpg

poster46196649.jpg

5fb4ca40.jpg

6a00c2251dc877f21900cd9786a5ccf9cc-500pi

49adf530.png

Hello CandyMandy !,

I still have My Do it all at Disney Guide from My First trip to Walt Disney World back in Spring of 1983 when I was 5 or 4 years young.

I am glad to see you posted some of your pictures from your past trips, and some pictures of things with The Old Walt Disney World Lettering Logo with the Mickey Mouse Globe inside of The Big D.
I have done a little research, and I found some pictures from Trade City USA Event that happened, and they just happen to find a First look at a preview of some of the pins and Vinylmations that are commemorating Walt Disney World's 40th Anniversary.
Note: Remember the The Old Walt Disney World Lettering Logo with The Mickey Mouse Globe inside of the Big D
while you click here for this link to the pictures:
http://thedailydisney.com/blog/2010...ading-up-to-40th-anniversary-of-disney-world/
Thanks for reading my post,

The website Stitch Kingdom has reported Disney trademarking "Let the Memories begin" of course both the site and I have theorized that "Memories" is going to be next years theme, the prove more evidence the next day I saw an ad for the Vacation Planning DVD that said something like "Want to make Memories, just push play." could that mean a new DVD along with a new adventising campain, park decorations, and hopefully an new castle show and parade.

I agree with "Memories" as being the theme. They just announced their all new "Memories Collection" package offered by Disney's Fairy Tale Weddings.

This is off topic but in the latest Unofficial Disney World 2011, Jim Hill had some rumors concerning Animal Kingdom. He said that they are considering leveling Rafiki's building to make room for new rides and attractions. He also claimed that an "animal" version of World of Color might open in the waters before Everest by 2013. Finally, he mentioned that Camp MinnieMickey may not be going anywhere for a while. He said that they may add more of the talking characters to this area - they would of course be animals.:)

Hello Minnie Mommy Mouse !,

UUUUUUR - UUUUUUR, Slow down the car here a bit on being there in March 2011 for Your 40th Birthday Expecting to see anything from Walt Disney World's 40th Anniversary Period. Your best bet of catching the better part of something from The 40th Anniversary of WDW before October 1st is in September.
Have a great 40th Birthday at WDW if you all are able to make it happen.
With that said ..... Happy Planning.

Thank you for your response. Although I am a lifelong Disney fan, I am a relative newbie to the park experience. I thought they might have a year long celebration like they did for Disneyland's 50th, or make it next year's theme. Please excuse my naivity. I have not been to WDW during one of it's anniversary years, only during Disneyland's 50th.

Thank you for your response. Although I am a lifelong Disney fan, I am a relative newbie to the park experience. I thought they might have a year long celebration like they did for Disneyland's 50th, or make it next year's theme. Please excuse my naivity. I have not been to WDW during one of it's anniversary years, only during Disneyland's 50th.

Hey Minnie Mommy Mouse !,

Walt Disney World's 40th Anniversary will have a year long celebration large or small. The Thing is that Walt Disney World's 40th Anniversary will Kickoff October 1st, 2011 and last until like September 30th, 2012 in my estimation.
The reason why Disneyland's 50th Anniversary went over so big in May 2005 and lasting until October 1st, 2006 is because Disneyland is the First Disney Theme Park ever created in the world. Therefore, that led into a bigger Celebration for ALL of The Disney Theme Parks.
Technically, In Disneyland, It was Disneyland's 50th Anniversary The Happiest Homecoming On Earth. With envolving Walt Disney World in Florida (USA),
Tokyo Disney Resort (Japan), Disneyland Resort Paris (France ), and The Newly Opened Hong Kong Disneyland (China),
It was Disney Theme Parks 50th Anniversary The Happiest Celebration On Earth in Honor of The 50th Anniversary of The First Disney Theme Park Ever Created and Opened to The World, Disneyland in California.

Does this post help you out a little bit?

- Dwight

Thank you Dwight! I'm starting to figure things out. I was bummed when they did not throw a huge 80th Birthday for Pooh & only did a pin:). I just assumed they did everything big LOL after seeing the Disneyland 50th hooplah. You are right though, the one that started it all turning 50 was a very big deal and I'm glad we got to see the special plaque on Cinderella's castle that showed all the castles worldwide (I took pictures each time it turned so I got them all). We got our gold ears and commerative pins, but the best of all for me was seeing the castle show Cinderellabration, imported from one of the other Disneylands.

I've already been informed by my oldest son since I'm the same age as MK where I'll be spending my 50th birthday, so I'll get to see a grand celebration sooner or later.

Thanks Again!

Thank you Dwight! I'm starting to figure things out. I was bummed when they did not throw a huge 80th Birthday for Pooh & only did a pin:). I just assumed they did everything big LOL after seeing the Disneyland 50th hooplah. You are right though, the one that started it all turning 50 was a very big deal and I'm glad we got to see the special plaque on Cinderella's castle that showed all the castles worldwide (I took pictures each time it turned so I got them all). We got our gold ears and commerative pins, but the best of all for me was seeing the castle show Cinderellabration, imported from one of the other Disneylands.

I've already been informed by my oldest son since I'm the same age as MK where I'll be spending my 50th birthday, so I'll get to see a grand celebration sooner or later.

Thanks Again!

No problem, Minnie Mommy Mouse.
Disney used to be able to do almost everything big because there was not such a divide in the businesses that make up The Walt Disney Company as a whole. The divide that I am seeing with the businesses of The Walt Disney Company has in its` own way separated a part of
The Walt Disney Company The Business from The Walt Disney Company The Institution. The effect is very " two-sided " in my view.
As long as The Disney Theme Parks here in The United States of America exist, at least I have a little good news that I can share with the simple fact that The Walt Disney Company " The Business " cannot always stay separated from The Walt Disney Company " The Institution " forever.
I hope that the higher ups at Disney Channel finds and reads this post sometime before it is too late.

- Dwight

Thanks Again!

Also, Minnie Mommy Mouse,

To put the topping on my previous post,
For these past 6 Years, The Higher Ups of Walt Disney Parks and Resorts have been making the theme(s) of the Disney Parks' Year Long Celebrations
instead of the Disney Parks creating their own theme(s) for their own Year Long Celebrations. examples ( The Happiest Celebration On Earth,
The Year of A Million Dreams at the Place Where Dreams Come True,
What will you celebrate? at the Place Where Dreams Come True )
I wish that Disney were able to just bring back The Dream Maker Package at Walt Disney World and Upgrade it to share that deal with Disneyland Resort in California as well, and say that Disney Parks is the Place Where Dreams Come True under The Updated Dream Maker Package.

- Dwight

The website Stitch Kingdom has reported Disney trademarking "Let the Memories begin" of course both the site and I have theorized that "Memories" is going to be next years theme, the prove more evidence the next day I saw an ad for the Vacation Planning DVD that said something like "Want to make Memories, just push play." could that mean a new DVD along with a new adventising campain, park decorations, and hopefully an new castle show and parade.

I got an email..passholder here wanted vdieos and pictures for their Memories theme coming next year.
Hello Passholder!

We’re writing today about something very exciting! Like most of our Guests, you probably have lots of photos and videos that capture your most vivid family vacation memories at the Walt Disney World Resort. Well, we’re hoping you can share some of those memories with us!

Over the next few months, we’ll be collecting photos and videos that feature real moments of our Guests making Disney memories. And we’d love for you to share yours as part of this magical project.

So think about some of your favorite Walt Disney World photos or videos. They can be touching or funny, sweet or silly. Consider your favorite moments with the characters, on the rides, at the Resorts or even the unique way you shared the news of an upcoming trip with your family. Memories can be so magical, and we look forward to seeing yours.

Typically announcements for the coming year at made at the end of the current fiscal .. end of Sept / early October.

Typically Disney will setup a press event and make the announcement in early Oct. I'd watch for news updates then.

Anybody heard what will happen for the 40th anniversary? We'll be there May of 2011 and would like to see new parades etc!! Any info or links would be appreciated.

I posted this same question several months ago and didn't get much response. We will be there May 5-15th 2011. I was hoping for something fun for the 40th but think we would have heard about something in the works by now?? Oh well....still can't wait to get back there.:banana:

i hope they do something. my 40th is may 15th 2011. I really am hoping to celebrate with Mickey

Take it for what it's worth, but Jim Hill claimed somewhere that the 40th celebration will begin in Jan. 2011.:thumbsup2

i hope they do something. my 40th is may 15th 2011. I really am hoping to celebrate with Mickey

Hey collcass !,

Chances are that They will do something for you, but I am under the impression that Walt Disney World's 40th won`t begin until October 1st, 2011.
Your Best bet of seeing anything from the 40th before October because of the daily countdown is I am to guess, The Last Weeks of August through September.
If you`re lucky, you might see somemore previews of any Upcoming 40th Anniversary Merchandise, which really, I actually would want to start collecting that anyway whether I am or am not able to visit Walt Disney World anymore next year, or 2012 . By the looks of it , They would be ONE OF A KIND Treasures.
By the looks of the pin previews, I am just looking really forward to what the mouse is cooking up. Can you imagine the things that Disney can do right now? I hope that there are people on here that are able to visit there in September, or October of next year, because, I am hoping to pull off another birthday at Walt Disney World Miracle in September 2012 -
The Last Month of The Actual 40th Year.

- Dwight

I really am hoping they have something great planned for next year!!! We will be going in Oct. 2011 to celebrate our 3 yr Anniversary and our DDs first visit!!!! So excited!!!

Take it for what it's worth, but Jim Hill claimed somewhere that the 40th celebration will begin in Jan. 2011.:thumbsup2

40th anniversary of the Walt Disney World resort rumors circulate that this will be a large observance. Each park will allegedly receive an E-ticket attraction for the celebration, although rumors remain vague as to what will be built where.

I remember the pink castle!!!! I loved it!!!! I was only 5 at the time, but I still love it to this day! I wish they would make a quick appearance of it, but maybe for the 50th? That way I'll have a chance to take my future children to see it!

troynkasey said:
Wow, I remember being there for the 25th birthday. I can't believe time has flown by that quick!!! I'm with PP that I bet they will do something for 50. Something big like they did for the 25th.

I can't believe it's been that long I was 10 yrs old that year and it feels like forever ago (because it was)! I do think that the 50th birthday is going to be big but 40... I'm not sure. Did they do anything for the 30th? Neways I would love to see a new parade or fireworks come soon although I truly do love Wishes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter