• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

40% Off or Free Dining

marypatsy

Earning My Ears
What are you thoughts?

We want to stay at Pop either way. (Maybe Port Orleans Riverside) We were making reservations today for Sept 4-7 in hopes of free dining. And the lovely CM told us that we were eligible for 40% off. So as of right now we have that. But, WHEN (cause I got another confirmation that it was happening from the CM) the free dining becomes available, what would be the wiser choice economically? Does anyone know?

and PS. We are going for MNSSHP, and the CM told my mom that we were going too early, and she told him, "no way my daughter is on the boards 24 seven, and she told me the first one was the 5th of Sept". He looked it up and was like "Oh my gosh. They are doing it so early this year" I don't know why that made me laugh when she told me...but thought I would share that.

So any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Who is going in Sept? You, your mom and DSIL? 3 adults in 1 room? Need to know that to determine your best deal. Staying in a standard Pop room?

Yes 3 Adults in Pop room near the main building....I don't think that is standard. We like to eat fancy places. Right now we have hollywood and vine (fantasmic package), Canada, Primetime, and probably something else, so we really use the dinning plan to full use.

What do you think?

I assume you will all need park tickets that are required to be purchased with a package with dining.

The 40% off a prefered room at Pop with 1 extra adult would be $74.70 + dining for 3 adults would be about $189/night.

Free dining would be rack rate at $94 + $10 extra adult fee +12.5% resort tax or $117/night so considerably cheaper for you.

There has been some talk that free dining may not be offered at Value resorts. A standard moderate room at rack rate $149 + $15 extra adult fee + 12.5% resort tax would be $184.50/night so not much cheaper than 40% off deal at Pop but you might like a moderate better (I actually like the values). A water view room would be $202.50.

Good luck! I'll hope for free dining for you. I'm hoping it doesn't start til after I go home on 8/28.;)

(cause I got another confirmation that it was happening from the CM)

:rotfl2:

While I believe Free Dining is proabably going to come. The CRO CMs are just repeating rumors.

Disney does NOT tell them things in advance because they are basically UNABLE to keep thier mouths SHUT! LOL!!!

So "insider" secrets you get from CRO CMs are repeats of rumors. (Maybe even ones you saw here.....)

And don't forget to figure tips when you make the final decisions.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter