40% off deluxe postcard came in the mail!

I agree, but I still am very bitter about it. Not for the people that have gotten it. For them, that's awesome - Congrats! But I think it's a bit "off" for Disney to market like that. In their defense, it is pretty common in the travel industry.

I've used this analogy before. Imagine being in line at Best Buy buying a plasma TV. You're paying the regular price of $1,999. The customer in front of you has the same TV. They go to the register and present an email coupon they received for 25% off that TV. You'd be curious (and have a right to know) as to why you didn't receive this offer and why you can't get it.

The airlines are the WORST! I remember sitting next to a man who was continuing on to Mexico City. I paid $600 for my flight.....he bragged about his only being $300. Made me sick!

Same here. I'm happy for everyone who got their discount - but we're staying there for our Honeymoon December 9th - 19th (already booked) at the Polynesian so this postcard would've been great for us. :sad1:

Instead of all this nonsense of codes, mailings, secret emails, etc., why don't they just offer a frequent visitor program? They are making the discounts harder and harder to get. The last batch of AP's are a joke. At least throw us regulars a bone every once in a while. Sheesh!

I agree, and have been saying the SAME thing for years. Instead of taking advantage of our love for Disney World, reward us for our loyalty.

That really ticks me off because that's when we're going. Already booked for it.

Happened to me last month. I paid $225 a night at Wilderness Lodge. Family staying down the hall got a code and paid $150 a night.

Frequent stayer too. I would love to get a code. Never have. That is a very nice discount. Congratulations.

They've tinkered with a frequent stayer program, with the bounceback thing, but that's been a joke. I called while I was down there and the dates were extremely limited.

I wish there was more discounts too! This is the first postcard I have received since 2003...we got the $49 for a value resort because we were FL residents.

Never been upgraded, if I asked or not it didnt matter

I like this 40% postcard much better but I bet I will never get another one. We went 7 times last year, 3 days to 8 days and never offered a bounceback program and I agree about the FL and AP discounts, they are a joke! Maybe save me $20-30 per night

They've tinkered with a frequent stayer program, with the bounceback thing, but that's been a joke. I called while I was down there and the dates were extremely limited.

I agree, I too tried the BBP while there in October and it took them 30 minutes to prove I was calling from the BW and then they offered me a price higher than what I can get with my AP. I too have been to WDW many times, actually 4-6 trips a year (over 60 visits since 1990). On every mailing list, a family full of AP holders (since 1995), ex-cast member, DVC member,...not a single Disney list me or someone in the family is not on, and we've never received a mailing in our names. I did get one for my then 5 year old grandson, and one of my daughters ex-boyfriends from 10 years ago. I have called and was told last year a discount was attached to our names, but the dates just didn't work for us and we never travel during busy times or holidays. Oh, well. I'll have to hold tight since we plan to stay at a disney resort in August and save some of our DVC points.

This stinks for me. I've never recevied anything either. The rates seem to be going up, dining plan is not as good, etc, etc.

Hopefully the Jersey folks can catch a break. I am actually mulling over a Windsor Hills 2 bedroom condo offer for 9 nights for a total of $762.

I can't believe I'm thinking seriously about staying offsite, but this is really pushing me off the deep end. :scared1:

Congrats to those who got the discount!:hug:

If that's true, and it may very well \be (I have no idea), then I, along with many others, have REALLY bad luck when it comes to who is selected. I'm on every single Disney mailing list that I am aware exists. Have been for some time. I've never gotten a postcard or email offer.

:thumbsup2 Right there with you on the bad luck thing. I was one of those last year who got a CM to give me the 40% off last year, but I felt so bad about it later that I canceled. NOT that I'm afraid of bad karma, but do believe fair is fair and what kind of lesson was I teaching my children?

Happened to me last month. I paid $225 a night at Wilderness Lodge. Family staying down the hall got a code and paid $150 a night.
Okay, spill. How did they get that rate?

:thumbsup2 Right there with you on the bad luck thing. I was one of those last year who got a CM to give me the 40% off last year, but I felt so bad about it later that I canceled. NOT that I'm afraid of bad karma, but do believe fair is fair and what kind of lesson was I teaching my children?

Okay, spill. How did they get that rate?

when i called last year i asked if they had any deals going...they gave me the 40% off code (i did not have a postcard) they just gave it to me..i paid 129.00 a night for AKL and i even got upgraded to savanna view...i did not feel bad THEY gave it to me,I paid for it and took it...i got a 40% postcard the other day (maybe because i booked with the last one,who knows)but i made sure to book again...maybe if they send one offer and you dont use it they dont send another one...i make sure everytime i have gotten something in the mail i try to book with it for that year (i try to move my dates around) so they see i am using it,i know not everyone can move their dates around though but since i book about 11 months in advance i have plenty of time to tweak it.The guy DID mention the other day when i booked that the code that came out last year was a BIG mess and they were not putting as many rooms on the deal this year.VERY LIMITED ...but i never feel guilty about finding a good deal.

when i called last year i asked if they had any deals going...they gave me the 40% off code (i did not have a postcard) they just gave it to me..i paid 129.00 a night for AKL and i even got upgraded to savanna view...i did not feel bad THEY gave it to me,I paid for it and took it....

Ah, but see that is different. All you did was ask for a deal. That is more than okay in my book. :thumbsup2
I, however, gave a very specific code to ask a CM to apply. Basically I was stealing. Just couldn't live that.
Now, if I go call and ask for a deal and they give me one, heck yeah I'll take it.
And then I'll do like that this guy - :banana:

By the way, congrats on the postcard! Wanna take me with you? :cutie:

I remember in my travels over the years.....(non Disney...)

I was standing in the check in line at the Westin hotel at the Atlanta airport....the guy in front of me was paying $220 for his room....

me....$34.00 thru Priceline....:woohoo:

did I feel bad...? not on your life...:banana:

Esmerelda

you can put me in with the "bad-luck" crowd
my mom used to say, if not for bad luck, I'd have no luck at all
boy was mom right!

I agree with the loyalty program being something that most guests would love to see implemented. There could also be incentives for first-timers but once you visit that first time then each stay should earn you "points" toward discounts, merchandise, a future stay, upgrades, etc. Lots of hotel chains have such a program, in fact I am a member of Starwood Preferred and Hilton Rewards. I was told this was what they are doing with the Disney Visa rewards program but heck, that's a credit card that just has it's rewards tied to something Disney ( which doesn't make it the best CC IMO ). I don't want to have to use a specific CC to earn something at WDW. Right now the res system is such a mess ( I know right now that I only have 4 households, down from about 15!) so that there's no real way to track someone's reservation activity. That would have to be addressed first before a loyalty program could be implemented. In the meantime I'd love to know who or what computer program determines who gets the codes and promos but it's all a big mystery.---Kathy

I haven't ever received a postcard in the mail, but I've called just to get a quote and asked if I had a code attached to my name, and I did. The CM applied the discount at that point.

However, it may be because we live in one of the more economically depressed parts of the country right now...

One of the CMs I spoke to recently (and there have been MANY :rotfl2: ) said the postcards are randomly generated by the computer. Yeah, maybe.

We usually have a trip booked. When we went in August we were already booked for December. When we went in December we were already booked for next August, so there is never a time we DON'T have a pending ressie. DH says that kills our chances of getting any discounts.

We booked Beach Club on the 30% Bounce Back but that was like my 4th choice! Everything else I asked for was unavailable for my dates (Aug. 10-17). It does irritate me that other people are getting the exact same product cheaper than I am, but I can't do anything about it. If I don't like it I can stay home, I suppose.

We got a standard room at AKL last February on an AP rate, and when we checked in they upgraded us to a deluxe room with bunk beds. I don't know for sure if there were people paying rack rate, but if there were then we got a MUCH better deal!:rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter