40% Off AND Free Dining PIN - Really???

Princess K,
That is exactly the same email I got except mine is for November since that is when my b-day is. When I called they said one discount or another. They did ask if I wanted dining with that. I asked if it was free. The said no.
Who knows.. maybe somebody got very lucky with a very nice but different than these pins.:confused3

We recieved a pin a few days ago. I was for free dinning in Dec. Will be staying at POP Dec6-13. MYM plus dinning upgrade to DDP not QDP. My total was $1538.00 . When i usec the code i was upgraded to prefer room and free DDP and my new total is not $1313.00 dollars. :thumbsup2

Ya know, this really isn't out of the realm of possibilty. Just in the last week or so people were reporting that they were being being offered up grades from their value resort room to a studio (and in some cases a 1 br) vacation villa AND the ones that already had free dining were getting to keep it. So offering a Deluxe resort at 40% off and free dining would make more sense for WDW than a free upgrade from a value to a vacation villa and free dining.

Ya know, this really isn't out of the realm of possibilty. Just in the last week or so people were reporting that they were being being offered up grades from their value resort room to a studio (and in some cases a 1 br) vacation villa AND the ones that already had free dining were getting to keep it. So offering a Deluxe resort at 40% off and free dining would make more sense for WDW than a free upgrade from a value to a vacation villa and free dining.

That was because the time to book free dining for that period was almost over, and the OKW and SS resorts were at a low capacity. By moving over money they already had (value people) to the DVC resorts, they could get more people to book the now open value resorts, and maybe get some regularly value people to buy DVC.

It makes a lot of sense, from a financial view.

Well, anything is possible. The more appropriate question is how likely.

I received a PIN code earlier this year for 40% a resort stay and I booked 10 nights at Coronado starting 10/01. Then when Free Dining came out I called to see if this would be the better deal and the CM indicated the PIN I have allows for both, so 10 nights at Coronado, 9 day hoppers, FD for 2 adults for $2,100 total. Whether she combined things or not, I'm very happy with that price....especially since my mom is paying! She wants the F&W experience.

I checked my reservation many times and it includes free dining, based on this, I believe it is possible to combine deals.

i received a pin code earlier this year for 40% a resort stay and i booked 10 nights at coronado starting 10/01. Then when free dining came out i called to see if this would be the better deal and the cm indicated the pin i have allows for both, so 10 nights at coronado, 9 day hoppers, fd for 2 adults for $2,100 total. Whether she combined things or not, i'm very happy with that price....especially since my mom is paying! She wants the f&w experience.

I checked my reservation many times and it includes free dining, based on this, i believe it is possible to combine deals.

wow!!!

She didn't combine things. She got rid of your 40% off discount and added free dining when I ran the numbers. If it was just 40% off and no free dining (eating OOP), it would be 1005.75$ for the room alone and then another 400+ for the tickets.

I also ran her numbers. 10 nights at a moderate came to almost $1900, park hoppers for 9 days came to $600 and change. 40% off the $1900 came to $1400 with tickets, figure back to the $2100. I did not include dining in my numbers and she has dining in her package. I didn't think it was possible either, otherwise I would not have gone through the trouble.

I also ran her numbers. 10 nights at a moderate came to almost $1900, park hoppers for 9 days came to $600 and change. 40% off the $1900 came to $1400 It would be 1140, not 1400.with tickets, figure back to the $2100. I did not include dining in my numbers and she has dining in her package. I didn't think it was possible either, otherwise I would not have gone through the trouble.

You're using 167$ for your moderate price, right? That's only 1670$, and 9 day park hoppers would be 284$ each, or 568$. That's 2238$.

Forty percent off (which is before tax) would be: 1005$ for resort plus the 568$ for tickets (I forgot about the park hopper part earlier), which is 1570$. Add on 10 nights of dining for two people, (if she got that with her original reservation, which I don't think she said she did) that's another 800$. Which brings her to 2370$.

So in the end, she saves money, but if she saved forty percent off AND free dining, it would only have been 1570$.

So any way you run it, she saved money, but not 40% off and the free dining. Phone CMs are not the most reliable of the bunch... as much as we love them.

First night is $149, other 9 are $170. Plus there are taxes on that you don't see here.

MYW package with hoppers and dining = $3296.

No matter how you calculate it, she got both the 40% off the room and the FD.

As for the OP's friend: Disney can offer anything they want. Just because we can't stack discounts, doesn't mean they can't ;)

Oh.... right. I forgot that your package no longer stays at the same price if you start in one season and stay into the next.... haven't had to deal with that yet.

In that case, the 1900$ with taxes is right, but it's still only 1140$ with the 40% discount, which is still only 1708$ with park hoppers and free dining. Or am I missing something else?

Oh.... right. I forgot that your package no longer stays at the same price if you start in one season and stay into the next.... haven't had to deal with that yet.

In that case, the 1900$ with taxes is right, but it's still only 1140$ with the 40% discount, which is still only 1708$ with park hoppers and free dining. Or am I missing something else?

I get $1765, but I went back and reworked it (what is wrong with us, doing this for someone else's trip?!?!? :upsidedow ) and I see your point. I used $621 for the hoppers with the new pricing too.

That being said, if her package included insurance or her tickets have water parks & more, it would add to it.

Also, dining would be a lot more for the two of them than $335 which is the difference between the $1765 and her $2100. So... although it may not add up to us it is definitely a good deal with savings on both the room and dining for free.

:yay: for anyone who can get something like this!

Tickets are $622 with tax. Maybe the room discount is 35% instead of 40% but whatever it is she got a decent room discount AND free dining. Pretty amazing.

I get $1765, but I went back and reworked it (what is wrong with us, doing this for someone else's trip?!?!? :upsidedow ) and I see your point. I used $621 for the hoppers with the new pricing too.

I don't know... we're obviously just really bored waiting for our trips... :lmao:

Congratulations to anyone who can get a great deal like this though, no matter how it works out!

Sorry for sticking my nose in, but could it be 40% off just the room rate and not the tickets? And free dining? Would that make sense? My understanding of the 40% off was that it was just for the room and not the tickets. But I absolutely could be mistaken. I am just trying to understand myself (and of course hope that we all could get both discounts!:)) If the double discount fairy could really come I would lose my mind!!!!:worship:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter