• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

4 Women In A Panic About Hair.ladies Help Please

mozzman

Mouseketeer
:eek: i told my:hmghost: wife and :dance3: 3 girls i had seen a thread that said uk straighteners were not performing well in the states due to a difference in power there,after much:sad2: :sad: :scared: :crazy2: :faint: :furious: i said i would check with the ladies of the dis to see if i was right or it was just another drunken late night session on the computer:rolleyes1 i hope straighteners work ok over there as without them i will be surrounded every morning by the cast of fraggle rock i suspect ;)thanks for any help:thumbsup2

Hi Mozzman,

Sorry not a "lady" but live with 3 :dance3: . We went to WDW last August, our hair straighteners etc did'nt quite measure up :) . ended up at Wal-mart buying U.S. ones.

Know what your going through enough to rip your hair out:rotfl2:

I took my cheap Babyliss ones last year - didn't want to risk my beloved GHDs! They worked fine with an adaptor, although it took slightly longer to straighten.

dont worry the us beer is still ok
Paulh

I get no where near the results with my ghds in the US due to the voltage difference.

Before I got my ghds, I use to use my old Vidal Sasoon straightners and these seem to work much better for some reason but again no where near what you get in the UK.

I no longer take my ghds with me but use my old VS ones !!

Claire

BingsingsWaltDisney
Just noticed you have been to Springhill suites at LBV off there in 11 days time :banana: Is it a nice hotel, any advice? Many thanks

I used ghd's in Florida without a problem for a couple of trips (albeit that they don't get as hot as they do at home). Then, during a trip to New York 3 years ago, I couldn't even get the light to come on, let alone get them to warm up. I ended up paying a riduculous amount of money for a pair of US straighteners at Redken Fifth Avenue. I've been taking them to Florida with me ever since and I've never tried my ghd's there again, so I don't know whether they work there or not.

I do know that the latest ghd's (mark 4) are multi-voltage, so they should work in the US.

I'm not out there again until August, so if you want to borrow my US ones, PM me your address and I'll send them to you. The thought of your trip turning into the out-takes from Fraggle Rock is too much for me to bear! :rotfl:

Jules 224,

We have been twice now really enjoyed it. on the doorstep to DTD, and lots of eateries all round especially Bahama Breeze which is a must do. no complaints about hotel and breakfast in the morning is worth while (dont forget that you can come down and take breakfast back to your room which i did on many occasions because the girls took so long to do their HAIR:rotfl2: . hope you enjoy your hol let us know how it is and take loads of photos

I used ghd's in Florida without a problem for a couple of trips (albeit that they don't get as hot as they do at home). Then, during a trip to New York 3 years ago, I couldn't even get the light to come on, let alone get them to warm up. I ended up paying a riduculous amount of money for a pair of US straighteners at Redken Fifth Avenue. I've been taking them to Florida with me ever since and I've never tried my ghd's there again, so I don't know whether they work there or not.

I do know that the latest ghd's (mark 4) are multi-voltage, so they should work in the US.

I'm not out there again until August, so if you want to borrow my US ones, PM me your address and I'll send them to you. The thought of your trip turning into the out-takes from Fraggle Rock is too much for me to bear! :rotfl:

thanks for the offer on the straightners very kind of you,but in a cruel twisted kind of way i am looking forward now to the chaos that comes from the unknown :dancer: WILL THEY WORK WON'T THEY:rotfl2: I will let you know the outcome when i get back.the new question is do i tell them they may not work or not hhhhmmm i will decide after i get my birthday presents i think:stir:thanks everyone:thumbsup2

Straightners (And many other electrical things) will work but not as well. The US voltage is only 110v rather than the 230v we get in the UK - therefore onlt half as much juice going into them.

We ended up at Walmart and bought another pair (Which work on either 110 or 230v) for next to nothing and Sarah uses them both sides of the Atlantic 9(with the relevent pin adaptor of course).

Steve and Sarah

Jules 224,

We have been twice now really enjoyed it. on the doorstep to DTD, and lots of eateries all round especially Bahama Breeze which is a must do. no complaints about hotel and breakfast in the morning is worth while (dont forget that you can come down and take breakfast back to your room which i did on many occasions because the girls took so long to do their HAIR:rotfl2: . hope you enjoy your hol let us know how it is and take loads of photos

Thanks will definately try Bahama Breeze, i will let you know how it goes.:thumbsup2

A got a pair of Ghds Pink ones for Christmas and they are dual volyage.

Oh no I never even thought. We are off to NYC in March. I have the Stgraight N Shine ones. I love these, because you can straighten your hair while its wet. I hope they work otherwise I will be buying a pair out there. :sad2:

Don't even bother packing any GHD's (duel voltage or not) - We went last May taking two lots of GHD's and neither of them heated up to anything like the heat in the UK - in fact we didn't bother even trying to use them! Bad Hair Days every day!!!!:rotfl2: I have read somewhere about Corioless (SP??) being the best ones to use.

Have a look in the Argos Catalogue. It shows which ones are for worldwide use. I was going to buy another set but mine should work.
Kay

If their hair is anything like my DD she spent ages straigtening her hair before she went out only to come back curly anyway she gave up in the end and went with the flow!!!

Don't even bother packing any GHD's (duel voltage or not) - We went last May taking two lots of GHD's and neither of them heated up to anything like the heat in the UK
It's only the very latest ghd's which are dual voltage. If you have a pair (and it's clearly detailed on the straighteners themselves), there's no reason why they shouldn't work as normal.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter