• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

4 people, 8 days of Dining = $1800

tearawayface

Mouseketeer
Just got back from WDW after 8 days of free dining…I am so afraid to even think about getting on the scale, between 4 of us for 8 days we almost clipped $1800, we came up about $16 short. What I learned after 8 days of all of that food.

1. Citricos is not worth spending 2 points on, your better off at Lecelier for one

2. Jiko is still the best restaurant on property in my opinion.

3. For Counter Service your three best values are The Pepper Market at Coronado, Summer Seasons at EPCOT(I may have the name wrong), and Wolfgang Pucks at DTD.

4. If you go to Boma, one of my favorite one point places, ask the waiter for the deep fried Oreos…

Hey, love that you saved all that dough! I tried to total all our "bills" but have to guess at too many of them.

I agree that the Land pavillion has a great counter service! My hubbie wanted to include it again this trip and I didn't second guess him for a minute. Great value, many choices, good chow:thumbsup2

I never knew thay did deep fried oreos at Boma-- I may have to give them another try :cutie:

Can't wait to try JIKO for the first time! ITA Sunshine Seasons is excellent CS, the variety to choose from is wonderful.:goodvibes

wow what a savings.

My family thinks I'm nuts because I like to keep track and add up what we are "spending" and calculate how much I've saved (well, in all fairness, this is only one of the reasons my family thinks I'm nuts....)

wow what a savings.

My family thinks I'm nuts because I like to keep track and add up what we are "spending" and calculate how much I've saved (well, in all fairness, this is only one of the reasons my family thinks I'm nuts....)

So many of our friends do not know about how the dining plan works that we really wanted to A. Use all of our points and B. Keep track of what Mickey zero'd out to explain to them what a great deal the plan is especially when Mickey offers it for free!!

I think that's about how much we saved too- even though we did still dine out of pocket a couple times and I know we had a few counter service thingies left when we came home (my dad just hates counter service) and I had planned to save my receipts but it just got to be too much with everything that went on during our trip.

I do know the totals of some of our major meals though- including the fact that surf N turf, appetizers, desserts and drinks for 4 (non alcoholic drinks) totaled up to 378.00 at Narcoosees. FREE DINING!!! Other jaw droppers included, Cali Grill (about 250.00 for party of four) Kona dinner (180.00 for 4 people) LeCellier (about 220.00 for 4) so I'm thinking with the counter service we did use (at an average of about 50 dollars a pop) and all our snack credits (which we had no trouble at all using up on beverages, it was HOT we mostly got perrier and orange juice/chocolate milks) we must've saved at least 1800.00 over 9 days.

We still paid OOP for Ohana (what a waste) Liberty Tree lunch (well worth it) and a couple other meals. Believe it or not! But with free dining this year, it was like winning the lottery for us :)

Laren

p.s. only thing I regretted was not saving up more TS credits for 2 table service credit meals- that seemed to work well for us this trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter