4 park days purchased, 5 showing on MDE

CocoHeart

Earning My Ears
I purchased 4 park days, but on MDE it’s showing 5 days of park reservations (two reservations at HS which one of those days should be a rest day)

Should I do anything about this? I don’t want to risk anything messing up on our trip!

I’m surprised it allowed you to book 5 days if you only have 4 day tickets. Could you possibly have old tickets linked behind the scenes to your account?

I would close the app and reopen. If they’re still showing I would cancel the day you’re not going to DHS.

Clarifying, you purchased regular 4 day tickets, not the special 4-days, 4-parks tickets?

Last edited:
I’m surprised it allowed you to book 5 days if you only have 4 day tickets. Could you possibly have old tickets linked behind the scenes to your account?

I would close the app and reopen. If they’re still showing I would cancel the day you’re not going to DHS.

Clarifying, you purchased regular 4 day tickets, not the special 4-days, 4-parks tickets?

This was a reservation modification. I had 3 park days originally, I just added a resort day+ park day.

When I look at my itinerary now it’s showing 5 park days booked.

Just checked the actual MDE website and the app. Same thing. Saying I have 4 park tickets but I have 5 park day reservations.

Hmm…I was asking because on other third party places that sell Disney tickets-they have a promotion going on where if you buy four days, the fifth is free. If I were you-for peace of mind-I would call Disney tomorrow and clarify

Hmm…I was asking because on other third party places that sell Disney tickets-they have a promotion going on where if you buy four days, the fifth is free. If I were you-for peace of mind-I would call Disney tomorrow and clarify
Thanks. I will do this. Id hate to show up to a park and be turned away because of some glitch in the system!

But it’s crazy. It’s legit showing I have 5 park days booked! No idea how that happened!

This was a reservation modification. I had 3 park days originally, I just added a resort day+ park day.

When I look at my itinerary now it’s showing 5 park days booked.

Did you possibly have that day booked for HS already and when you purchased the 4th day, you booked a different day? They don't automatically cancel.

I think the park reservation system has been doing some wonky stuff. I made my park reservations months ago when I purchased my hotel/ticket package, but about 2 weeks ago I got an email telling me to "make my park reservations" and when I went into the app, they were all mixed up, and some were missing altogether. So I started re-reserving them, only to get a "you've run out of valid ticket media" message. I walked away to deal with a work issue, and when I re-logged in, all of my park reservations were showing correctly.

So, maybe give it a couple of hours? At the end of the day, they won't "charge" you for a used ticket day unless you show up at a turnstile, so as long as you show a reservation for the days you plan on being in the park, you should be fine.

I had this same exact issue a couple months back when I made modifications. Like you, I didn’t want to risk any glitches, so I canceled all 7 reservations and just made six new ones (bought a 6 day ticket).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter