4 nights early May, 6 nights end of May, what would you do?

AdventurerKat

<font color=FF99FF>Cries in her Jello shots<br><fo
Here is my dilemma. I am trying to plan a trip with a friend of mine in Seattle. First it was going to be over my son's spring break at the end of March, but then I got the news that the new person at work is going to Europe for two weeks (approved before she was hired) over that week and the week following so there was no way I was going to be able to get that time off. Then I tried for the middle of March, but we are having trouble coordinating with the business travel schedule of another friend who was going help by getting them into the parks for free. We could pay for tickets, but that is going to add another $300.00+ to our budget that we would rather not. If we added park hopping, it would be closer to $400.00. I just don't see the sense in spending $400.00 that we wouldn't have to on other dates.

Then I was trying to set something up for President's Day or the week before Easter but Pres Day was too soon for her and Easter will be a mad house, not to mention that our Seasonal APs wouldn't work that week so we would be back to paying for tickets again.

So I think we have finally decided it is going to have to be May, but I am not sure when we should do it. The difference in the number of nights is because my son will still be in school at the beginning of the month (as will her daughter) and I don't want to take him out more than three days. At the end of the month, we could stay longer, but the weaher will probably be hotter and since we would be going around Memorial Day (so her daughter will get a vacation day from school in the week they would be down here) I am guessing its going to be ALOT more crowded than the beginning of May when there are no spring breaks and everyone is still in school.

I want to get this decided quick so that if, and when, the AP rates come out for May, I am ready and know what I want. So, what would you do? It boils down to Quality over Quantity I guess. Your thoughts?

I would vote for more days at the end of May - it may be a little warmer & more crowded, but I always think that more days at Disney are a good thing! :teeth:

Hmmm..this is a hard decision. If you were to go in the beginning of May it would probably be less crowded then the end... it also depends how often you have gone in the past and if you can afford the extra days for meals, lodging, and all the shopping that can be done in those extra 2 days. Hope this helped! ::yes::

We always start our trips the end of May and it is really not that bad as far as crowds go. Most schools won't be out by then.

I would go for the longer time especially if your friend is flying from Seattle. That is a long flight for 4 days and crossing all those time zones.

Another trade off will be park hours and EMH. THe slower times have shorter park hours and you may miss MK EMH altogether depending on your arrival day. Also, early May is popular for those grad nights when the parks close extra early, 6pm sometimes.

Have May hours been released?

We have been there several times at the end of May [twice over Memorial Day weekend] and I have had no problems. The crowds are a little heavier [but manageable] and my wife thinks it is too warm but I haven't had a problem in the past. This year will are going in early May to make my wife happy and because my doctor tells me that I need to avoid getting over heated from now on. I'll finally have first hand knowledge about the difference between early and late May.

I will add that they won't be flying from Seattle just for the four nights. They will come to Sarasota and we will go to Disney and then they will go home. They will be in Florida for seven or eight nights regardless.

My friend has been several times before, this will be her daughter's first trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter