• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

4 Night on Dream in early December--First time-with Questions

khanna

Mouseketeer
How is early December to cruise to Bahamas-Nassau, then CC, day at sea, then back to PC?

We are a family of 9--so will need 2 connecting rooms-will this be OK?

Dinner-how do we get the first dinner time slot? Are we booking to late for Dec 2014?

Will we miss WDW and not feel the "magic"? I know it is different, but I am hoping it is less work--less walking, no strollers, etc...

Any special excurtions we should consider? We want to see Atlantis while at Nassau and maybe get a Cabanna at CC--anything else?

this is our first cruise--any pointers? book it online with DCL?

Thank you!!!:)

I would also like to know about the weather in early December.?

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

How is early December to cruise to Bahamas-Nassau, then CC, day at sea, then back to PC?

We are a family of 9--so will need 2 connecting rooms-will this be OK?
If the kids are not real young, you may want to look into booking 3 cabins. Maybe 2 connecting and one adjoining (next to). The extra space and bathrooms make it more comfortable. Price it out sometimes it's not that much more. Or if you have the big bucks and can book veranda cabins the veranda stateroom dividers open up (except the Wonder)

Dinner-how do we get the first dinner time slot? Are we booking to late for Dec 2014? You can ask when you book. If it is not available the can put you on the wait list.

Will we miss WDW and not feel the "magic"? I know it is different, but I am hoping it is less work--less walking, no strollers, etc...

Any special excurtions we should consider? We want to see Atlantis while at Nassau and maybe get a Cabanna at CC--anything else? There are only 16 cabanas available on the family beach. Most go Concierge and Platinum guest.

this is our first cruise--any pointers? book it online with DCL?

Thank you!!!:)

My answers are in red

Wer sailed this past December, the 12-15th. The weather was beautiful, low 80's but the water was FREEZING! Both at CC and Nassau. Didn't go in at Nassau but I did in CC. I was talking to some people who sail that time every year and they said the year before it was hot and the water was warm.

Thank you for your replies. Hmm, not sure what to think. My kids LOVE to swim. I mean, they can live in a pool. I just read that the Dream has ONE small family pool that can get very crowded :(

I do like the 3 cabin suggestion. That would mean one adult in each cabin. My kids are ages 5 to 11--there are 6 kids. So that would really be a lot of space. It would be me, Dh and my mom going for adults.

That stinks about the Cabanas. Also, my kids are not show watching kids. Do you think they would like a cruise? I know they would like the stops at port and the experience, but what about the pool issue while at sea?

Are we too late to consider October of this year? That is hurricane season.....yikes. We homeschool so can go anytime. Thoughts?

Thanks again!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter