• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

4 night-how to dress for dinner

HappyLawyer

DIS Veteran/ OLCC Owner who's Mouse'n Down The Hou
:confused3 When doing a 4 night, i have been told there is no formal dress unless for Palo, is this true, how do you dress for dinner, is casual ok or do you get dressed up?

The four day is way more casual than the 7. I wore slacks or capris to dinner (we didn't do Palo). Just no shorts, jeans or t-shirts. The night in Tritons is supposed to be a little more dressy than the others but you couldn't tell that the time we cruised.

We didn't do Palo's either. I wore capris to dinner everynight except Triton's that night I wore a dress, nothing fancy ..kind of tropical. My DH wore Dockers and short sleeve button up or a polo every night. Tritons he did wear a long sleeve shirt and his Mickey tie, but he would have been fine in a polo that night too. I did see a few men in suits there,but they were in the minority.

On our last cruise, we did Palo, I wore a dress and my husband wore suit and tie (we fit right in) the other nights we wore dockers, dress shirt, my husband even wore a brand new pair of wranglers to Animator's Palate and fit right in.

My girls and I wore sundresses, capris, etc. to dinner to Triton, Parrot Cay and Animator's Palate and fit right in.

Our 4 night we did Palo for both dinner and brunch. For dinner men were wearing either sportcoat and tie, sportcoat and no tie, or dress shirt and tie, or dress shirt and no tie. No polo shirts. Women were in dresses, skirts, or pantsuits. Brunch was "resort casual" - no t-shirts, shorts, jeans, tank tops. Men were pretty much all in polos and khakis, women in capris and a nice top.

We dressed up for Palo and Tritons. I suggested to my hubby he wear a jacket and tie. Most people were very dressed up at Tritons. We wore tropical attire in Parrot Cay and resort casual for AP.

CPM- So, for Triton's are you saying that most men wore jackets and women wore fancy dresses?
I am so confused.....we have cruised on other cruise lines before, and are used to the formal nights and enjoy it. But after reading this board for quite a few months, it seem sthatmost say that the 4-night is much more casual. BUT than others do say that people dress fomrally for Triton's (we are not going to Palos). I jsut don't want my hubby to pack a suit that he doesnt' need, but than again, I defintiely do not want to be underdressed either.
Bobbi

mbw12 said:
CPM- So, for Triton's are you saying that most men wore jackets and women wore fancy dresses?
I am so confused.....we have cruised on other cruise lines before, and are used to the formal nights and enjoy it. But after reading this board for quite a few months, it seem sthatmost say that the 4-night is much more casual. BUT than others do say that people dress fomrally for Triton's (we are not going to Palos). I jsut don't want my hubby to pack a suit that he doesnt' need, but than again, I defintiely do not want to be underdressed either.
Bobbi
You don't need a suit for Triton's. When we went I did see a few men in a suit, but the majority seemed to be in either a dress shirt and tie or just a nice shirt.

I'm planning on dressing up a bit! My DH is not bringing a suit but very nice pants and dress shirt w/ tie. Myself and DD got sparkly new dresses for the Evening!

I learned a long time ago: "it is what you make it". :earboy2:

Cristit14 is absolutely right about dress on the shorter cruises. I look at it this way...if, on your Triton's night you want to wear a formal dress and hubby wants to wear his suit...go for it! You paid for this cruise and if getting dressed up is what makes you feel great, special, extra romantic or just plain fun, then you should do it! No one will think it out of place; and if someone does (which I really doubt), so what? It's your fun time too! Who knows? Maybe you'll want to get a really nice picture of the two of you dressed up as a memory of your cruise? Have a great time!
Susie princess:

cristit14 said:
You don't need a suit for Triton's. When we went I did see a few men in a suit, but the majority seemed to be in either a dress shirt and tie or just a nice shirt.

You don't need a suit, but I know on my cruise a few weeks ago, that many of the men had on a jackets at Tritons. I did notice because my husband complained about wearing his.
Next time he won't wear the tie but I wanted a nice picture of us dressed up. You certainly won't be underdressed if you don't have him wear one. But many people were lined up to take the nice photos with very nice clothes on and stayed dressed up in the dining room. It was also the first time I had seen someone turned away with shorts on in the dining room.
Sounds like you already have you mind set on not getting dressed up, in that case you will be just fine, I'd say it was half and half, but definately the most dressy of the three restaurants.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter