4 kids, one is 6'6"...where to stay...

midsummerdream

Earning My Ears
We're planning a trip to WDW in mid November, and with all the research I've done on the resorts, I'm honestly stumped about which would be best for us. I have it narrowed down to two rooms at Pop, a suite at ASM, Wilderness cabins or two rooms at a moderate (CBR or PO Riverside). My biggest issue here is that our oldest son is 6'6" and 250 lbs. and I want him to be comfortable. Price is a factor, but not the biggest factor. We've never stayed at a value, and while I'm kind of intrigued by Pop, I'm a little nervous to step into new territory.

Can anyone offer me some advice?

Have you considered 2 rooms at Coronado Springs? They have queen sized beds, the only moderate that has queens... I *believe* he'd be uncomfortable at the ASMusic suite because there's just 1 queen bed and the other sleeping arrangements are pull outs. Unless you and your dh or partner (if there is one, I never ASSume lol) want to give up the queen bed for him.

We love POP. If cost is a factor this could be a good choice. The beds are only doubles, but he could have his own. :goodvibes

Where ever you decide to stay, I'd go with separate rooms, rather than any kind of suite, cabin, etc. That way, you can be assured you'll get plenty of bed space (and length) for all of the guests in your party. See if you can get adjoining rooms, but separate nonetheless.

It would only be a request but you could do 2 rooms at pop and request a king bed in the one for the big kid (I was/am one of those too!). Just request either adjoining or connecting rooms if possible.

On the reservation put him in the king requested room solo. From what I have been told the king rooms are held for singles/couples/ or handicap accessible.

Good luck!

Have you considered renting points for dvc. You can get a two bedroom. It can actually be quite cost effective when you rent points. You will have a full kitchen for meals and a washer dryer. We only have 3 kids but my two sons are not exactly small either and DH is 6'1" . So queen beds are needed here. You would get 1 queen and a full sleeper sofa in the second bedroom.With the exception of OKW which has 2 queens. There is a sleeper sofa in the livingroom. BLT, AKV and now OKW also have a sleeper chair. The master has a king size bed. This means alot to me. We have a queen at home and DH sleeps at a slant so his feet don't hang off the end. I won't do values or moderates except CSR because they only have full sized beds. I would rather go every couple of years and be comfortable. But thats just me.

Just another thing to think about. If you choose a moderate my suggestion would be Coronado Springs simply because they have queen beds in their standard rooms. At your son's size I cannot imagine a double bed (standard at the other mods) being comfortable at all.

I would also recommend Coronado....mainly because i think it is outstanding and never gets any love

the moderates would suit you well...pop and all stars would probably be ok also...

i'm 6'7"...so i've never had any problems at any WDW sites...so take that for what it's worth

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter