4 in a room...How do I maximize space?

This! They have towels and free, lockable lockers (just like the room safe, pick your own PIN number), and so much space and good lighting. Much larger shower stalls also. Adults only. My wife and I took turns doing this while the other stayed the room with our teenaged sons. Pretty soon we both wanted to be the one to go. Surprisingly uncrowded too.

BUT be aware it is nasty Elemis stuff in the gym and not the awesome H2O+ stuff that is in the cabins.

Another hint: I like to at the end of each day take all dirty clothes and anything you won’t use again and put all in the empty suitcases. Suitcases are stored under the bed. It reduces clutter
I lied. This was not brilliant.

It was BRILLIANT TIMES TEN.

Not only did it reduce clutter but I had three suitcases and organized one for whltes, one for colors and one for darks, so not only at the end of the trip was almost every piece of clothing already packed (and the laundry bags ready for me to pack my breakables like the Disney mug in) but when I got home everything was already sorted for laundry! Best hint ever!!!!

I lied. This was not brilliant.

It was BRILLIANT TIMES TEN.

Not only did it reduce clutter but I had three suitcases and organized one for whltes, one for colors and one for darks, so not only at the end of the trip was almost every piece of clothing already packed (and the laundry bags ready for me to pack my breakables like the Disney mug in) but when I got home everything was already sorted for laundry! Best hint ever!!!!

OUTSTANDING! THANK YOU! HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

We have always traveled with 4 of us in a stateroom (mom, dad, two kids who became two teens/young adults). A few tips:

• On our last cruise I took two smaller clear plastic pocket shoe organizers and put one on either side of the bathroom door, with thick sturdy ribbon "straps" that connected them over the door so it wouldn't damage the door or door jamb. We placed toiletry items on the inside pockets, and everyday items (sunglasses, lip balm, key cards, flip flops, etc.) in the outside pockets. You need to use a smaller organizer for this so the weight on either side is not too heavy.
  • Or, we've hung a pocket organizer on a pants/skirt hanger in the closet before, too.
  • I found some pop up storage cubes that pack flat and open up with a zip-up bottom panel and use those on the desk or closet shelf to store little items that tend to collect each day (like fish extender gifts).
  • I bring my own thin velvet-coated hangers with outfits pre-packed on them in my suitcase. I just layer those into my suitcase and I always hang multiple items on each hanger, such as a whole outfit (pants, shirt or dress/sweater). When I unpack I just pick up the hangers and hang them up in the closet.
  • When the kids were little, they got all the drawers and coffee table trunk storage for their stuff, and we took the closet and closet shelves. That way they could get completely dressed in their area by their bunk beds and we had the main dressing area. i also put their complete outfits for each day in gallon-size Ziploc bags (underwear, socks, shorts and shirt).

What sort of room have to got? We had an internal cabin on magic and actually found space really limited for the four of us. We're not over packers either. :confused3
Managed to unpack all the kids stuff, hang up all that needed hangers and a few other bits like beach stuff and underwear, but a lot of our grown up clothes had to stay in the suitcase and just pull it out from under the bed when needed.

This! They have towels and free, lockable lockers (just like the room safe, pick your own PIN number), and so much space and good lighting. Much larger shower stalls also. Adults only. My wife and I took turns doing this while the other stayed the room with our teenaged sons. Pretty soon we both wanted to be the one to go. Surprisingly uncrowded too.
do you have to pay for using the spa in this way?

- The walls in the stateroom are all magnetic so we got these magnetic hooks on amazon to free up some space. We hung lanyards, hoodies, jackets, coverups, etc. on them. You can find them on amazon by searching "Magnetic Hooks 6 Pack, Super Strong". They are a life saver.
- Like others have said, store larger things under the bed and use all the drawer space you have. It is quite a lot!
- hanging bags for toiletries are great!!
- pop up laundry hampers are also very helpful. if you get one with a zip top you can stow it under the bed as well!

There is actually enough space, if you use it efficiently. We actually take pop up hampers for all of our dirty close and they fit perfectly in the unused corners and like others have said, the luggage and shoes can be stored under the bed. We utilize all the drawers and closet space and it fits our family of 4's clothes.

• Bring your own thin plastic hangers and forgo DCL's bulky wooden hangers, so you'll be able to fit all of your clothes into the closet.

I don't think i would have thought to pack these, but thank you for mentioning!

• Unpack completely on embarkation day and store all suitcases under the bed (you should be able to do this if you keep it to 1 suitcase per person).

This is the one regret I had on my first cruise. I am the person who lives out of my suitcase on most vacations, but it's a pain to pull the suitcase out constantly.

i also put their complete outfits for each day in gallon-size Ziploc bags (underwear, socks, shorts and shirt).

I do this with my boys wherever we travel and it is so helpful! Makes getting dressed in matching (color wise) and coordinating (with the family) so much easier!

First time cruiser. I'm debating if my family of 5 really needs any sort of pocket organizer thingy. We are only on a 3 day cruise.

We have hanging toiletry bags so it wouldn't be needed for that. So it woudl only be for sunglasses, hats, chapstick, treasures the kids collect, etc. But for 3 days???? Opinions????

I brought one for our 7 day and only used it for one thing... and that thing never got used. So if you're they type to use organizers, go for it. If not, just bring a collapsible box from the dollar store for your "junk" box.

First time cruiser. I'm debating if my family of 5 really needs any sort of pocket organizer thingy. We are only on a 3 day cruise.

We have hanging toiletry bags so it wouldn't be needed for that. So it woudl only be for sunglasses, hats, chapstick, treasures the kids collect, etc. But for 3 days???? Opinions????

Just be aware that you need a way to hang it other than over the door as those hangers are not allowed.

I just used large freezer bags for all the little treasures like the streamer they caught in the theatre, crafts made at the clubs and a separate one for the navigators. Sunglasses just sat along the mirror at the desk it has a small edge.

We gathered the Mickey head confetti on the last night and put it in our lanyard plastic piece. It was there pixie dust....

I like the idea of a junk bin though but I just throw the bags in the suitcase easy packing.

I’ve seen a couple mentions of lanyards here. Do we all need lanyards?
We probably have some we can bring from home if needed.

Hi Everyone!
We just booked a 5 day cruise. It will be Me :wave2: DH :cool2: DS:hyper: and MIL :eek:. This is MILs first cruise and she has some concerns about space. I'm planning on getting an over the door shoe holder, and have a couple of questions....
1. Where do I find cheap ones?
2. Do they allow the door to close all the way?
3. I'm thinking about getting 1 for the toilet BR and 1 for the shower room.

What other tricks to you have up your sleeve to maximize space? :crowded:

Thank you!
I found there was more than enough room in our stateroom, it was me, DD 13, DD 12 and my mom..
1. What really helps is the storage under the bed.. large suitcases go under there.
2. use this space as storage space too, we used on suitcases for our shoes, we would pull it in and out like a drawer full of shoes
3. do you have the split baths? I was really surprised how much shelving and niche space there is... I would have not needed a hanging shoe thing.. Each person as a toiletery bag that fit under the sink on a shelf.. toothbrushed and sunscreen, soap on the upper shelves..
4. I used the nightstand drawer as our junk drawr... all papers, navigators etc.. go there.
5. what I will do this year is buy wall magnet hooks, to hang our lanyards.. saw a fish extender idea for this and the idea is great.

There really is a lot of storage space for clothes, for us it's the little personal items... I would assign a person a drawer on the desk to organize things...

We use a mesh shower organizer you can hoot onto the shower hooks like this:
61CQrDbruuL._SL1480_.jpg
[/QUOTE
oMy opinoin, not needed for bathroom items.. There is plenty of storage space, shelving.. NOW this would be useful for all the little stuff we have the has no home.. chargers, sunglasses, lanyards, pens, tickets, bottle opener, hair ties,

So am I the only mom who throws away most of the stuff that is made in the kids club?? I kept the stuff from our first cruise, and it's been packed away in a box ever since. My dd is 10 yrs old doesn't care if the stuff gets tossed, so I'm not completely heartless by tossing it, lol!!

- The walls in the stateroom are all magnetic so we got these magnetic hooks on amazon to free up some space. We hung lanyards, hoodies, jackets, coverups, etc. on them. You can find them on amazon by searching "Magnetic Hooks 6 Pack, Super Strong". They are a life saver.
- Like others have said, store larger things under the bed and use all the drawer space you have. It is quite a lot!
- hanging bags for toiletries are great!!
- pop up laundry hampers are also very helpful. if you get one with a zip top you can stow it under the bed as well!

I have read some posts that say the stateroom walls ARE magnetic (metal) and some that say they are not. Anyone know for sure if walls in stateroom on the Wonder are metal?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter