4 hrs, what to do?

linze

Earning My Ears
We're gearing up to take our kiddos to Disney World in Feb. They are 5 & 3. Our last day, we have about 4 hours to kill and I'm not sure what to do. We're staying at the Polynesian and will spend three days prior touring Magic Kingdom (2 days), Epcot (1/2 day), and H. Studios (1/2 day). With relation to where we'll be located, what could we do for 4 hours our last day before our flight? We have park hopper tickets, so we could go to a park, but not sure which one or if we should go to Downtown Disney? Please help :)

Maybe try to book a character breakfast for your kids or a dip in the pool, going to a park is tricky because you are never sure on the bus transportation waits, and time flys quickly in the parks. Maybe just jump on the monorail and visit the other resorts on the loop to see all they have to offer.

Take a ferry cruise.

Poly to MK, MK to HS, HS to BoardWalk, walk around/have snack/watch one of the performers.
Repeat in opposite direction.

Are you using Magical Express? If so, they usually pick you up at the resort 3 hours prior to your flight time. If not, or if you have already factored that in and are still left with 4 hours, I would head back to Magic Kingdom. You could set up a couple of FP+ reservations and actually be able to accomplish a few things in that time- especially using the monorail vs. the buses!

Looks like you don't have any time scheduled at AK. I'd go there - it's my favorite park!

We often schedule the 8:00 breakfast at the Animal Kingdom (our favorite character breakfast) and then get right on the safari before the park gets busy. Ask for the last row in the vehicle and you can turn around easily and look out the back of the vehicle.

Thanks for the input! We're flying out of Sanford so won't be using Magical Express. We'll need to fill from 8am - 11:30ish. Animal Kingdom seems like a good idea. We may try doing that! Thanks again!

When we took our kids (at ages 2 & 4) we originally only scheduled 1/2 day at Epcot. That turned out that was a huge mistake, both us and the kids loved it but we didn't get to revisit it. This time we are scheduling at least 2 full days there and staying at YC to be within walking distance with park hoppers. Don't underestimate how fun Epcot is for kids! We all disliked AK, but it could have been that it was SUPER HOT and SUPER CROWDED the day we went.

A character breakfast at a resort to explore is also a great idea. The Poly and GF were beautiful to explore for our kids.

Thanks for the input! We're flying out of Sanford so won't be using Magical Express. We'll need to fill from 8am - 11:30ish. Animal Kingdom seems like a good idea. We may try doing that! Thanks again!

I would definitely go to Animal Kingdom, especially if your kids haven't seen it! Keep in mind that it takes longer to travel to and from AK than other parks because of its location.

I would not allow less than 1 1/2 hours to get back to your resort. Or take a cab back to your resort.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter