4 Hot Mamas take on the World 9/2011! *UPDATE 8/31* I'm leaving TODAY!!!

I won't complain if it turns into a Daily Pic. :goodvibes

Can't wait to see more!!! :thumbsup2

Thanks! And this PTR could easily turn into a thread of nothing but my WDW photos, LOL!

For now, I think I'll keep it to just once a week... then maybe post a pic a day once I reach the 30-day or 7-day mark!

Random photos?!??! Girls only trip?!?!? I'm IN!!!!!!!! :cool1:

We've got Boma and CP ADRs as well for our trip, I love them both! Can't wait to hear more, how exciting for Helen! My first trip was as an adult in 2008, and I've been hooked every since!!!

Random photos?!??! Girls only trip?!?!? I'm IN!!!!!!!! :cool1:

We've got Boma and CP ADRs as well for our trip, I love them both! Can't wait to hear more, how exciting for Helen! My first trip was as an adult in 2008, and I've been hooked every since!!!

:welcome:, Karen! I see in your siggie you have a girls trip planned, too! Gonna have to go check your PTR out...

As I mentioned, Mom will celebrate her 60th birthday while on our trip. My sister and I are trying to come up with little ways to celebrate each day. Here's where I need your help!

Ideas we have so far:

- order flowers to be waiting when we arrive at the condo

- order a specialty cake for our dinner at Boma (not 100% sure about this one)

- grab a Chocolate Peanut Butter (Mom's favorite combination!) Cupcake at Starring Rolls (we could try to sneak it in when we have lunch at Sci-Fi and present it to Mom for her dessert, or just get one as a late afternoon snack)

(P.S. Here's a link showing what the Chocolate Peanut Butter Cupcake looks like: http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2010/02/15/disney-chocolate-peanut-butter-cupcake/)

(P.P.S. I should really stay away from the Disney Food Blog.)

I've thought about ordering a pair of Birthday Mickey Mouse Ears from the Disney Store for her... I'd stash them in my bag and give them to Mom sometime during our trip. A good time might be when they bring out the birthday cake at Boma (assuming we order one). BUT... I was also thinking about getting a pair of Mickey Mouse Ears for Helen to celebrate her first trip. So I don't know about having ears for both Mom and Helen... I kind of want to make each celebration special. What do you think?

I also looked into a fireworks cruise for IllumiNations... but the price! :scared1: I don't think we'll be able to swing this one, although it would be a fabulous surprise.

Any ideas as to what else we could do for Mom's birthday?

For ds we got a birthday pin, not like the button one, but like the pin trader pins. They say "happy birthday" and then you get the name of the person. Makes a nice keepsake after and is small enough to hide and then surprise her with at some point.

As I mentioned, Mom will celebrate her 60th birthday while on our trip. My sister and I are trying to come up with little ways to celebrate each day. Here's where I need your help!

Ideas we have so far:

- grab a Chocolate Peanut Butter (Mom's favorite combination!) Cupcake at Starring Rolls (we'd could try to sneak it in when we have lunch at Sci-Fi and present it to Mom for her dessert, or just get one as a late afternoon snack)

(P.S. Here's a link showing what the Chocolate Peanut Butter Cupcake looks like: http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2010/02/15/disney-chocolate-peanut-butter-cupcake/)

I've thought about ordering a pair of Birthday Mickey Mouse Ears from the Disney Store for her... I'd stash them in my bag and give them to Mom sometime during our trip. A good time might be when they bring out the birthday cake at Boma (assuming we order one). BUT... I was also thinking about getting a pair of Mickey Mouse Ears for Helen to celebrate her first trip. So I don't know about having ears for both Mom and Helen... I kind of want to make each celebration special. What do you think?

I also looked into a fireworks cruise for IllumiNations... but the price! :scared1: I don't think we'll be able to swing this one, although it would be a fabulous surprise.

I think the flowers and the cake and/or cupcake will be great, she will love those! That cupcake is making me drool!! :goodvibes
I'd probably do the ears just for Helen. And then of course make sure your mom gets her celebration button. ;)
I've read somewhere about a place called Jellyrolls, on the Boardwalk? If you sit next to the piano's you can put in a request for songs & let them know its a birthday celebration. I think it said there was a cover charge but not sure how much, but I know people have said great things about it. :)
I know you can also order those Disney gift baskets but they were a little pricey when I looked at them.
i also found this thread: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=751989

Whatever you do, I'm sure she will love it!!!! :thumbsup2

We had an amazing experience with ordering a cake at Contemporary (ate at chef mickey's) for my dd's birthday! I was worried about the price tag, but it was such a special memory for her and a once in a lifetime cake! Not sure about the chef's at Boma and what they can do for a cake, but you can call the cake hotline. If you look in my 2009 trip report, you can find the cake pics and read about it (it's listed right in the table of contents!)

Sneaking in her fav. cupcake is a cute idea! Not sure if they'll let you, but if you had it in a bag, I doubt they would notice! :thumbsup2

Ideas we have so far:

- grab a Chocolate Peanut Butter (Mom's favorite combination!) Cupcake at Starring Rolls (we'd could try to sneak it in when we have lunch at Sci-Fi and present it to Mom for her dessert, or just get one as a late afternoon snack)

I really can't offer up suggestions on what to do for birthdays ... I do recommend having it noted on your ADRs that its Helen's first visit and that its your mom's birthday.

On a side note ... I want that cupcake. :lmao:

I really can't offer up suggestions on what to do for birthdays ... I do recommend having it noted on your ADRs that its Helen's first visit and that its your mom's birthday.

I didn't even click on it b/c I've seen it before and just KNEW I would start drooling if I saw it again!...argh...just thinking about it now made me drool! :laughing:

For ds we got a birthday pin, not like the button one, but like the pin trader pins. They say "happy birthday" and then you get the name of the person. Makes a nice keepsake after and is small enough to hide and then surprise her with at some point.

Good idea, MARsMama! I'm definitely getting her the birthday pin but I hadn't thought about getting one of the small pin trader pins! Love it!

I didn't even click on it b/c I've seen it before and just KNEW I would start drooling if I saw it again!...argh...just thinking about it now made me drool! :laughing:

You are smarter than me. :lmao::lmao: I will be dreaming of it... I even made the mistake of clicking the link where they discuss the Butterfinger Cupcake, too! I had never been to Starring Rolls ... how am I going to eat all those sweet treats in one day?? :confused3 :rotfl2:

I think the flowers and the cake and/or cupcake will be great, she will love those!

I'd probably do the ears just for Helen. And then of course make sure your mom gets her celebration button. ;)
I've read somewhere about a place called Jellyrolls, on the Boardwalk? If you sit next to the piano's you can put in a request for songs & let them know its a birthday celebration. I think it said there was a cover charge but not sure how much, but I know people have said great things about it. :)
I know you can also order those Disney gift baskets but they were a little pricey when I looked at them.
i also found this thread: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=751989

Whatever you do, I'm sure she will love it!!!! :thumbsup2

Mom loves having fresh flowers around, so I'm pretty sure we will definitely have those for her. And yes to getting her the birthday button.

(I'm thinking the same, the ears for Helen. She'll totally get a kick out of them! And she's getting the 1st visit button, too!)

Thanks for the link... some great ideas there!

We had an amazing experience with ordering a cake at Contemporary (ate at chef mickey's) for my dd's birthday! I was worried about the price tag, but it was such a special memory for her and a once in a lifetime cake! Not sure about the chef's at Boma and what they can do for a cake, but you can call the cake hotline. If you look in my 2009 trip report, you can find the cake pics and read about it (it's listed right in the table of contents!)

Sneaking in her fav. cupcake is a cute idea! Not sure if they'll let you, but if you had it in a bag, I doubt they would notice! :thumbsup2

Ooooo, I'm definitely going to check out your cake. (OK, that just sounds weird.)

If we do a cake, it would have to be at Boma. Reason being it's the only ADR we have for dinner and we won't be going back to a park afterward (so we won't have to carry around whatever cake is uneaten or throw it away). I'll definitely call the cake hotline and see what info they can give me.

Done! Well, I noted on our WCC lunch we're celebrating Helen's 1st visit... and I noted on our Boma dinner that we're celebrating Mom's birthday (you can only have one "celebration" per ADR :confused3) I definitely wanted to note it on the Boma ADR in case we end up ordering a special cake. I haven't decided if I should do it on the remaining 2 ADRs or not (brkfast at CP and lunch at Sci-Fi).

That cupcake is making me drool!!

I may or may not have licked my computer screen when I saw that cupcake. And the Butterfinger one. And the Red Velvet one. And the... well, you get the picture.

I had never been to Starring Rolls ... how am I going to eat all those sweet treats in one day?? :confused3 :rotfl2:

I've never been there, either! Whether I get the cupcake for Mom or not, I am most definitely making a stop (or two) there in September!

I may or may not have licked my computer screen when I saw that cupcake. And the Butterfinger one. And the Red Velvet one. And the... well, you get the picture.

I've put on 15 pounds in the past hour looking and thinking about these cupcakes.

Red Velvet is one of my favorite treats, but I'm very peculiar when it comes to Red Velvet ... if it doens't like Granny's, then its not REAL. :rotfl2:

I will, however, be verifying if WDW can make Red Velvet like Granny now - since you HAD to bring it up. :p

I've put on 15 pounds in the past hour looking and thinking about these cupcakes.

Red Velvet is one of my favorite treats, but I'm very peculiar when it comes to Red Velvet ... if it doens't like Granny's, then its not REAL. :rotfl2:

I will, however, be verifying if WDW can make Red Velvet like Granny now - since you HAD to bring it up. :p

I was showing the cupcake pics to my girls... DD8's absolute favorite cake is Red Velvet. She asked if I could bring her home a cupcake as a souvenir!

I've never been there, either! Whether I get the cupcake for Mom or not, I am most definitely making a stop (or two) there in September!

Add me to the list of those who have never been there, but have included it on their 'must do' list for the next trip! Those cupcakes look so divine!!

I was showing the cupcake pics to my girls... DD8's absolute favorite cake is Red Velvet. She asked if I could bring her home a cupcake as a souvenir!

You know ... I was actually sitting here trying to figure out the best way to bring some home with me. :lmao::lmao: I think they'd make delicious souvenirs! Not to mention, if the Red Velvet was good, I'd HAVE to bring one to my sister, otherwise, she'd never believe me! :rotfl2:

Oooh, I think you should order a specialty cake for your mom! Have you seen the things they can do with those cakes? :eek: I'm looking for a reason to order one when I go in October, but I'm thinking I might as well just wait until I go back in May for my anniversary! Does your mom have a favorite ride or character, because you could incorporate that into a cake! :cool1:

Oooh, I think you should order a specialty cake for your mom! Have you seen the things they can do with those cakes? :eek: I'm looking for a reason to order one when I go in October, but I'm thinking I might as well just wait until I go back in May for my anniversary! Does your mom have a favorite ride or character, because you could incorporate that into a cake! :cool1:

I have gone through just about every page of the Cake Thread here, drooling over all the photos of cakes! Not only do they look yummy, but they're practically works of art!

The price is the only downside... I'd hope to keep the final price under $100, if we decide to order one. And Mom loves all the POTC movies, so I think we'd go with a pirate theme.

I love the idea of the flowers or speciality cake (though I looked at the boards and the prices are scary!!)

When I was looking into cakes for our trip I came across the following website - think they are a bit cheaper then Disney but you'll have to take into account delivery charges of approx $20. I have decided not to order a cake but thought I'd share the link.

http://www.mybuttercupcakes.com/

Good luck with whatever you decide. I'm sure all of you will have a great time!

P.S. I didn't look at that cupcake because I knew I would only end up drooling on the keyboard, lol!! :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter