4 gigs of pics, 3 blisters, 2 pairs of new shoes, 1 bleeding toe = our great trip!

I'm jumping on board for this trip report! Just like everyone else has said, I absolutely LOVE your pictures! They're awesomeeee! Your girls are gorgeous, too! :)

That is too bad that you did not enjoy your dinner, did you by chance try the strawberry soup? It was the one dish I had when I ate there two years ago that was really good.

All caught up on your trip report and am really enjoying it!! I love the pictures that you have been taking, what type of camera do you use. I like the effect that you get with the fisheye lense. You girls are beautiful, I love the pics in your sig, too funny!! Can't wait to read more

Melissa

Wow..your pictures are beautiful! Haha...the sisters at 1900 PF are always up to something! :rolleyes: The GF is gorgeous. Did you look in the Basin store while you were there?

We didn't check out any of the stores :guilty:. The lobby was mobbed with people waiting for dinner. Once we found the seate I didn't move.

I'm jumping on board for this trip report! Just like everyone else has said, I absolutely LOVE your pictures! They're awesomeeee! Your girls are gorgeous, too! :)

Welcome aboard! Glad to have you here.

That is too bad that you did not enjoy your dinner, did you by chance try the strawberry soup? It was the one dish I had when I ate there two years ago that was
really good.

No, I didn't try the soup. TBH, I can't remember seeing it. If I did I was probably nervous to try it. I get slightly adventerous with foods there - I think I could (in my mind) compare it to strawberry yougert. Is it like that?

All caught up on your trip report and am really enjoying it!! I love the pictures that you have been taking, what type of camera do you use. I like the effect that you get with the fisheye lense. You girls are beautiful, I love the pics in your sig, too funny!! Can't wait to read more.

I'm using a Canon 50D plus 4 lenses that I brought along with me :rolleyes:. WDW is my favorite place to play with my camera. Should be more to read sometime today........

great update! we ate there a couple of years ago for dinner and didn't like it too much, either. the step sisters / mom weren't there then, either. we are going to try it for breakfast this time around, though.

Aw, darn it! Well you'll have to do that next time!

It's funny. People who don't "get it" about going to WDW all the time always say, "I can't believe you're going back". Funny thing is - there is ALWAYS something new to check out!

Dinner ended. It took FOREVER, turns out we were sitting at the LAST table that the characters would stop at. Wishes was at 10:00. I had parked vallet so that we could just monorail straight to MK. Had about 25 minutes to make it from the GF to the MK.

Hop on the monorail when Gabriella looks at me in total panic....'I forgot my camera case at the table!' I wanted to cry. The weather was perfect for fireworks. We had only 1 more night that we were going to be at the MK. I just KNEW that it would end up raining that night. I had been lugging my 8lb. tripod around with all of my other equipment. My body was screaming because of the strain being put on it.

Only thing we could do was ride the loop all the way back to the GF :guilty:. I tried to hid my irritation but don't think I did such a good job at it. I was no longer able to act like I wasn't tired, only 4 solid hours of sleep from the night before was catching up to me.

Raced back into the GF, found our table and server. She went in to the back and produced the camera bag. By now there wasn't time to make it to the MK and fight the crowds on Main St. so we walked down to the docks at the GF. There was a smallish group of people there, it was nice. The music was piped in, but played at a very soft level. I'm sweating at this point. Jarrod had bought me a new tripod (for our Anniversary) in preperation for this trip. I was trying to figure out how to get it all set up and level, etc. just about to put the camera on it when I realized I didn't have the foot to clamp to the tripod. At this point I just wanted to melt into the dock :headache:.

Decided to make the best of it and actually watch Wishes with my eyes, rather than through the viewfinder :idea:.

Show ended and we packed up and headed to the MK. It was, after all - EMH's until 2:00. Looking through my pictures, I didn't take hardly any this night. Took a few in front of the castle:

IMG_3238.jpg

IMG_3240.jpg

IMG_3242.jpg

Memory says we rode: POTC (3x's in a row with no line), the Magic Carpets (4x's no line), HM and then worked our way towards Tomorrowland:

IMG_3247.jpg

IMG_3245.jpg

Rode BL (again) and the Indy cars:

IMG_3249.jpg

Took the same picture last year:
IMG_5586.jpg

I ride between the girls because I don't want anyone ramming into anyone else. It was so funny at one point Angelina was going from side to side on the tracks - I saw a blond chunk of hair fly out of the side of the car. It was so funny I actually laughed out loud.

By now it's closing in on 1:00. Talked the girls in to leaving. We had 7:40 a.m. reservations for 'Ohana in the morning.

Two more on the way out:

IMG_3253.jpg

IMG_3254.jpg

Up next.....

What we found when we took our shoes off, will Angelina get to ride the tram again, and breakfast with the main m-o-u-s-e.....

Love that last picture!

Sounds like one busy, fun, and stressful day! LOL
Can't wait to hear about the "moods" when you 3 try to get up early the next morning.

Love that last picture!

Sounds like one busy, fun, and stressful day! LOL
Can't wait to hear about the "moods" when you 3 try to get up early the next morning.

Sounds like you live in a house full of women ;).

I definately try to rectify our exhaustion by the end of the next day, and that's all I'll say about that now :rolleyes1.

I have been following along with your report and I have to say that your pictures are beautiful! The shots that take are wonderful.

I have been following along with your report and I have to say that your pictures are beautiful! The shots that take are wonderful.

Thanks for coming out of hiding. I noticed earlier that my TR was at almost 1,000 hits with something like 40+ replies. Seems like lots are looking and not chatting with me.

Where in TN do you live? I see by your signature that you are another lover of Pop Century. Can't wait to take DH next year so he can see it. DDs and I have stayed there 2x's without him. We want to show him how much fun it is. DDs really, really, really liked playing ping-pong by the pool. They thought that was pretty cool.

You are one tough cookie. With only a few hours of sleep and still manage to do all these activities with your 2 daughters, carrying all these heavy gears around. Yet, still stay up until 1:00 am. Now that's what I call "Power Disney". :thumbsup2 An 8 lbs tripod, that is heavy. I hope you get to use it on the next round of "Wishes".

I guess I can relate to that too. Lugging all those gears can be painful and tired. But all it takes is one good shot and that makes it all better.

I love the last shot on the train station. It had that Normal Rockwell look. :thumbsup2

Thank you for the great TR so far!!! The pictures are FABULOUS! Your daughters are very beautiful! You are lucky -- it looks like you all had a fantastic time. Keep the updates coming!!! :thumbsup2

It's funny. People who don't "get it" about going to WDW all the time always say, "I can't believe you're going back". Funny thing is - there is ALWAYS something new to check out!

We always hear that from people..."I can't believe you're going back." This was my 20th trip and I'm still not tired of it!

You are one tough cookie. With only a few hours of sleep and still manage to do all these activities with your 2 daughters, carrying all these heavy gears around. Yet, still stay up until 1:00 am. Now that's what I call "Power Disney". :thumbsup2 An 8 lbs tripod, that is heavy. I hope you get to use it on the next round of "Wishes".

I guess I can relate to that too. Lugging all those gears can be painful and tired. But all it takes is one good shot and that makes it all better.

I love the last shot on the train station. It had that Normal Rockwell look. :thumbsup2

"Power Disney" eventually catches up to us :rolleyes1. I think you are correct about the photo, I went back and looked at it again - I can see the Norman Rockwell feel that you see. I'll have to post the original so you can see why it ended up looking the way it did.

Thank you for the great TR so far!!! The pictures are FABULOUS! Your daughters are very beautiful! You are lucky -- it looks like you all had a fantastic time. Keep the updates coming!!! :thumbsup2

You're quite welcome. Glad you're liking the photos. I know that people on the DIS are addicted to them.

We always hear that from people..."I can't believe you're going back." This was my 20th trip and I'm still not tired of it!

The way I see it, that's fewer people I have to compete with in line ;).

At least you got some great night pictures of the girls and the castle!! YOu guys were able to ride a lot in the EMH too! Hoping it didn't rain for your last MK night and we get to see some great Wishes pix!!! popcorn::

Fantastic pictures! :thumbsup2 You've got a great eye for taking photos.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter