4 and 5 day passes now must show ID and use separate entrance

Can I just use my signature and sign the ticket each time? Don't usually carry an id.

Jenn

No, you will need to produce an ID each time you go through the designated lanes for the 4 or 5 day PH passes.

We arrived this evening and we were told to print our names as they appeared on our IDs on the back of the ticket. We were given a pen with thick, black ink. The CM told us that we have to use those lanes every time to access DL and that an ID would be required.

At what age will that start requiring ID? My 14yo DS is 6 feet tall (so looks older) but is still in 8th grade and not old enough for a permit yet, so he has no ID outside of school ID. Will he need to bring that along? Or just having DH, DS16 and myself show ID and both DS14 and DD11 going without any.

I was at DL yesterday at ~8:20 (park opened at 8am) and the 'special' lines were completely empty while the regular lines had about 5-6 people in each.

The lines at the turnstiles will be variable....
Some times the special lines will be short, and some times they will be long...
That is as it is at most things in Disneyland...luck of the draw or the day/s you visit.
And we all know there are no long lines at Disneyland;)
Folks that know the general system at DL will do just fine...:)

We plan on purchasing 4 day hoppers from Costco and using them starting on Feb 27 2013....maybe this will be streamlined by then. No doubt it will be different in some way by then.

Came here to post this same thing. They had better accept Canadian drivers licenses as ID because we're not lugging our passports around the parks for 5 days.

This may have been said already, but my largest concern with this policy is that is forces us to carry our drivers licenses or passports throughout the park. I have never done that for fear of losing them in the commotion of a park, getting out money for food, etc. That is, we go to the park with just our tickets and a pocket in which I can zip them up for security, and I add just a single credit card for purchases in the park.. I carry the whole familes locked down in my pocket and we are free to enjoy the park without worries of losing something vital (a license or passport). Now it seems I'll have to add 4 driver licenses or passports to that pocket (my 7 year old has no id so I guess they'll give her a pass) and have an additional worry during the day.

-ugg, this is not good for this Disney fan.

Shawn said:
This may have been said already, but my largest concern with this policy is that is forces us to carry our drivers licenses or passports throughout the park. I have never done that for fear of losing them in the commotion of a park, getting out money for food, etc. That is, we go to the park with just our tickets and a pocket in which I can zip them up for security, and I add just a single credit card for purchases in the park.. I carry the whole familes locked down in my pocket and we are free to enjoy the park without worries of losing something vital (a license or passport). Now it seems I'll have to add 4 driver licenses or passports to that pocket (my 7 year old has no id so I guess they'll give her a pass) and have an additional worry during the day.

-ugg, this is not good for this Disney fan.

Why don't you just make a color copy of either passports or DL's depending in each person? But cut them out to their normal size and its not so much paper. This is nothing to stress over there is always a way.

Just carry some ID... Really, you should have it on you anyway... If you we're to have a medical emergency you should be prepared with ID... I don't understand the big deal!

Just carry some ID... Really, you should have it on you anyway... If you we're to have a medical emergency you should be prepared with ID... I don't understand the big deal!

I agree, I really do not understand the issue with carrying some form of id with you.

Whenever I use my credit card at DL I always have to show id, I do not understand why anyone would not carry it. I keep with my ticket, you have to carry that don't you?

If disney is expecting photo id for kids, okay I can see that being an issue, but so far I have read nothing that is saying you need photo id for kids, just adults.

Heck even my young adults have their school id with them, and we keep it with their tickets. Do we carry our passports? No, but then again disney has always accepted our Canadian id, even school ids, without a problem.

I for one do not mind at all having to show id if it helps cut down on fraud.

Maybe as an international traveler I am more used to having to show it more often.

I would be surprised if your credit card didn't suffice as ID. If it has to be a photo ID, check with your CC company to see if they offer one. My credit cards all have my photo on them.

I guess we can tell who doesn't drink any beer or wine in DCA. You need photo ID for that. :)

We are headed to DL from the East Coast the first weekend of December.

We were planning on getting 4 day passes ahead of time either through AAA or directly from the DL website. But now I'm wondering if we should wait until we arrive to purchase the passes?

We are supposed to arrive midday and then go to the parks the next morning, but since there is the additional task of printing names on tickets, signing, etc., wouldn't it be beter to just walk over to the ticket both and get it all taken care of the night before? So the next morning when we go in all we have to do is go in the designated line and show our ID's?

Any suggestions would be appreciated!

I've never "rented" out my ticket to someone else, but I'm not even sure what Disney is being frauded out of if this happens. Its not as if two people are getting admission into that park on the same day for that one ticket...and they're not getting 6 days admission out of a 5 day ticket. If someone buys a 5 day park hopper and used it 4 days, then gives it to someone else to use that 5th day...Disney still got paid the total price for a 5 day ticket and it's not being used for more than 5 days of admission.

I understand Disney can get more revenue if they require that other person to buy their own ticket, and Disney has every right to enforce those rules if they want...but I don't know if it's worth the aggravation it seems to be creating for many customers.

Why don't you just make a color copy of either passports or DL's depending in each person? But cut them out to their normal size and its not so much paper. This is nothing to stress over there is always a way.

Agreed, if they accept a photocopy of the license of all in our family, than that is what I'll do. I'll ask before we go.

-Shawn

Of course I was frustrated on the first day to be directed to another line, but luckily it was no more than a few minutes delay. I was mostly surprized that all of my pre-research had not prepared me for this, so a good lesson that anything can change at DLR any time!!

Also - no ID needed for my 9 year old.

Thanks LuckyRabbit.

I have questions about the first day. I will be ordering my 5 day PH tickets online and printing out a piece of paper for them. I arrive on Saturday night, and we'll enter the parks for the first time on Sunday. What are some tips for people like me to save time?

Should I do something on Saturday night to expedite my Sunday morning entrance? If so, do all of us (me, DW, DD7, DD3) need to be present or can I do it after the kids are asleep? If not, where should I go on Sunday morning with my tickets printout piece of paper?

Thanks in advance.

Thanks LuckyRabbit.

I have questions about the first day. I will be ordering my 5 day PH tickets online and printing out a piece of paper for them. I arrive on Saturday night, and we'll enter the parks for the first time on Sunday. What are some tips for people like me to save time?

Should I do something on Saturday night to expedite my Sunday morning entrance? If so, do all of us (me, DW, DD7, DD3) need to be present or can I do it after the kids are asleep? If not, where should I go on Sunday morning with my tickets printout piece of paper?

Thanks in advance.
To save time, I would go to the ticket booth the day before with your family and get the hard tickets completed. Having witnessed this new rule last week for myself, you should do what you can to get in and out of line as soon as possible. Dealing with it all at the turnstile, may take a bit more time than if you already had it handled at the ticket booth.
We opted to go to the ticket booth with our AP vouchers because I have heard that people can have issues with the vouchers at the turnstiles.

I've never "rented" out my ticket to someone else, but I'm not even sure what Disney is being frauded out of if this happens. Its not as if two people are getting admission into that park on the same day for that one ticket...and they're not getting 6 days admission out of a 5 day ticket. If someone buys a 5 day park hopper and used it 4 days, then gives it to someone else to use that 5th day...Disney still got paid the total price for a 5 day ticket and it's not being used for more than 5 days of admission.

I understand Disney can get more revenue if they require that other person to buy their own ticket, and Disney has every right to enforce those rules if they want...but I don't know if it's worth the aggravation it seems to be creating for many customers.

It's a pretty big fraud. A one-day park hopper is $125 whereas the difference between a 4 and 5-day park hopper is $15. So $110 of 'theft' per person, moreso if they 'rent' out more days. Disneyland can't sell the first day for $15 to anyone, obviously. The more people that skirt the rules, the more the honest people have to pay to make up for that lost profit. It's not much different than shoplifting.

Though I can see your point in the case of the last day of a ticket being given to someone who otherwise would not have gone at all. But when someone buys a used ticket, that's not what's happening.

How is this working for kids ? I do not have photo id other than our passports for my boys (6 amd 14) and I really do not want to carry those in the park. I need them to get home still to Canada....

I have printed at home tickets as well. Wondering If I should run over to the ticket booth when we get there on the 7th so we do not waste our magic morning Thursday the 8th.

ok I am a little confused. I understand that we have to have ID for every person over 18 no big deal. Do they now put our names on our tickets? How do we get this done if so and can it be done ahead of time?:confused3

Thanks LuckyRabbit.

Thanks in advance.

I ordered my 4 day tickets on line and had the actual tickets mailed to me. If you do it that way you could print names on the tickets ahead of time and just walk up to the 4 and 5 day entrance the fist day you want to use them. Just have the ID's available for the adults. The ticket just says "print name" it does not say that it has to be printed in the presence of the cast member. I will say that every time I entered the cast member rubbed their finger across the names, so I figure they were checking that it was not an easily replaceable name, so pick a tough ink. I would also be careful not to accidentally write over the bar code, as that could cause a problem with fast pass scanning.

Again, I felt privileged to use the special line, and like I was being treated better for buying a more expensive ticket, not the other way around. :thumbsup2

Also, another way to identify the right turnstiles is that the bar above the turnstile instead of reading "Entrance" it read "Special Event Ticket" which I found easier to spot from a distance than the stand up sign which indicated it was for 4 and 5 day tickets. Also in front of each of these turnstiles was a cast member asking you as you approached if you were a 4 and 5 day pass holder and to have your ID out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter