4 and 5 day passes now must show ID and use separate entrance

We were there from Sep. 16th thur the 28th. When I picked up my 6 day ph, the cm looked at my Id, wrote my name on mine then asked for my DH's name, did not look at his ID. She did tell us that we would be Id'ed when we entered the park. We were never Id'ed. I will do what ever it takes to end the fraud.:)

That means they can start offering longer ticket hoppers again since they will herd you through those turnstiles and check your ID everyday, right? :rolleyes1

Oh, I hope so.

If they can cut down on fraud maybe they can stop raising prices!!

Sadly, no. You can expect DLR prices to increase by an average of 5-10% every year. In a generation, our kids will look in awe that their parents only had to pay $87 to get into Disneyland the same way we do when we see our parents paid $18-$21 to get into Disneyland in the 80s.

Hmm, I wonder tho... are there really that many more people with 4, 5 (and I am assuming) 6 day passes than single, 2, 3, or AP...

If there were more people with 4-5 day passes than 1-3 day and AP holders, Disney would have assigned more than 50% of entrances to the 4-5 day passholders. Since they are only assigning 12.5% of the entrances to the 4 and 5, then that tells you what Disney knows. And in fact, those entrances will take longer the others, so the odds are that the data shows about 6% of guests have 4-5 day passes.

Anyone who thinks this will keep Disney from raising prices, or will help extend ticket offerings is just kidding themselves. I just don't see any way this isn't going to be a giant cluster, at least at first, and that's just a terrible way to treat your customers. Disney is basically saying: We assume you're all liars and cheats, until you prove otherwise.

Look, I'm not condoning fraud or even simple mis-use. I also don't condone shoplifting at the local pharmacy ... But that doesn't mean I'm OK with lining up to be frisked before I can exit. Conversely, I will walk through those ubiquitous electronic merchandise sensors, or submit to being videotaped throughout my shopping experience, because, those are unobtrusive and non-hindering ways for the store to protect its interests (though shoplifting, as a whole, hasn't significantly decreased, even with such things in wide usage).

The point is cameras and electronic fencing aren't a hassle for honest customers. Unlike being herded into separate, and limited, lines at one of the busiest places in the world simply for the "crime" of giving them MORE money.

Plus, the rules need to be the same for ALL guests, not just penalizing certain ticket holders AND whatever solution they come up needs to be seamless and relatively unobtrusive (like those sensor gates at store exits). Crooks will always find the loophole and most of these so-called "security measures," end up penalizing no one other than legit users.

Frankly, as soon as you start looking at your customers as the enemy, you gotta think your overall company strategy is a bit skewed.

EDITED TO ADD: This was my experience during our October 5-12 trip with six-day hoppers ... We were asked to put our names on the tickets when we first exchanged our vouchers for them at turnstiles (and given a pen to do so), and then no one ever asked for our names or IDs or anything ever again. I'd say people only checked for hand stamps at reentry, maybe, 75% of the time. (And, if they weren't there, the assumption was you'd washed your hands or gone swimming.) We also witnessed, multiple times, people enter extra magic hours without hotel room keys (we were only asked to show ours one day out of five, though I did usually had them in my hand, so its possible someone "saw" them without asking) and one grown man who entered using his pre-teen DAUGHTER'S annual pass. How do we know? He came back in front of us to correct his mistake ("Oh, you scanned the wrong ticket, she's not with me.") and the person at the turnstiles had to call a supervisor while we all waited. What I'm saying is, from what we saw, Disney is not employing a crack staff of overly observant people. Maybe deal with some of THOSE things, before you worry about herding paid ticket holders into limited lines.

Oh and, why, WHY, don't they have a "no bags" line at the Disneyland bag check areas (this drove my husband NUTS), like they do at DisneyWorld? So annoying to carry no bags, but have to wait just as long, only to be waved through when you get to the front. It helps no one and clogs up the lines unnecessarily both for those with, and without, bags.

they had a no bag line last month

Anyone know where I can get a valid photo ID for a 10 year old? :rolleyes2

If you might use it for future travel a passport is a good photo ID. That's what I use for our 5 year old in ID situations (of course it's pretty funny because the picture is him as a baby!).

On another note: Is there a way to combine our ticket and our room key, or will we have to carry two separate cards? Are the tickets paper or plastic? Can I use my room key like a "Key to the World" card and charge everything back to my room?

DLR has a Key to the Magic, and it does NOT have tickets on it. You can charge to the room with it, and you show it (along with admission) to get in for EMH or MM, but no tickets.

Tickets are either plastic (from some places) or the same Tyvek/paper that is used for WDW APs.

It will be a pain if you have already entered once with your ticket, and get stuck behind a bunch of people who are entering for the first time and have to sign their tickets and have it entered into the computer.

You can encounter an annoying clump of slow visitors anywhere, though.

I'm here right now with 5 day parkhoppers, and one of us has to show our ID when we go into either park with our parkhoppers, even if we have been hand stamped. I was so annoyed today, because while my family was at DL, I went over to DCA to get FPs, and it said something like line 53 and 54 for 4 an 5 day parkhopper holders. I didn't see any of the lines marked with numbers, so I got in a line. Once at the front, they said, "Please go to line 53 or 54 with your 5 day parkhopper" I asked where is that? she pointed to the left. I went to the very end, and asked, which line is 53 or 54? Then I asked are they marked, and no, they are not. Seriously. Please mark it well if you are going to ask folks to use a specific line. I had my ID ready and everything.

I can't find an image of the numbers at the DCA gates, but they are there. You can see an image with the numbers above Disneyland gates on this page.

I'd look for something somewhat similar. And if you can't see them, don't just let the CM shoo you away; get them to help you.

The hand stamps aren't fool proof; people have been known to transfer them (though how they do this without CMs seeing I don't know b/c the stamps dry quickly).

If I were going now with a regular ticket, I wouldn't be worried for one second about needing ID for DS. If DS were a bit older I might expect a question, but he's not an adult, and nothing has been said about minors requiring IDs for entrance.

I think the ones to blame for this are the "ticket agencies" around Disneyland that rent out Park Hoppers. They are all over Ebay. They buy a ton of multi-day use tickets and "rent" them to people for around a hundred bucks a day. A lot of unsuspecting buyers are gonna get burned - showing up in the next few days with a rented PH.
I just bought 4 day PH's from Costco for a Christmas trip. I have to wait until the last day to upgrade to a Deluxe AP, otherwise I'll be blocked out for the 24th through the 27th. I'm guessing those lines are gonna be insane during Christmas.

I was just there for the last 4 days, and I was always there for park opening. I did not notice the signs at park opening telling you which gate to proceed to if you had a 4-5 day park hopper tickets. But I did notice the signs later in the day.

Also we were asked at the turnstile to write our names on our tickets. And I noticed that the asking for id was random. They did not do it to everyone. And I was told that children would not have to produce id.

I am wondering if they are to check id for tickets every so many people. Like every 10th person.

I agree with everything in this comment.

We just got back from a 4-day trip to DLR on Tuesday and were never asked for ID. My name was printed on my ticket (since the CC was in my name when purchased), but DH's wasn't so he was asked to sign his ticket the first day we used them.

We didn't notice this sign (4- and 5-day PH's had to go through specific turnstiles) until our final park day, and even then, not until the afternoon when we were hopping back to DL from DCA. I did find it annoying, though, that we got to the front of the line at a different turnstile and then we had to go back to the end of the line at the specific turnstiles just to get in.

I also thought it was strange that they don't use the finger scan at DL (since we have been going to WDW over the last few years and that is what we had gotten used to).

All that to be said...........it was still an amazing trip!! :) pixiedust:

We were there Oct 14-19 and never put names or signatures on our 5 day hoppers.

There are a few like you who somehow slip through the system and have not been stopped and asked for ID or signatures. However, that is the exception. The majority with multi-day tickets are being asked to sign their tickets at the very least, some are also ID'd.

I'm pretty sure I saw somebody getting busted with rented tickets in September. They were holding them up and I heard the CM say "well if they are your tickets you'd know what day you used the first day wouldn't you?" and they were some crumpled looking sad tickets she was holding in her hand, and they were not letting them through. Maybe gaps in the visit are a tip off for them? :confused3

jkattk said:
If you might use it for future travel a passport is a good photo ID. That's what I use for our 5 year old in ID situations (of course it's pretty funny because the picture is him as a baby!).

Would not want to have to carry the kids passports around the parks- what if they got wet or lost? Coming from Canada that would be a big problem going home.
I am sure they wouldn't expect kids to have ID.

Thanks for the updates on this new entrance process. We are making our first family trip to DLR. We will be there 6 nights/7 days so we will have 5 day PH. I was disappointed to learn tickets with more days were not available so looks like DTD for us on arrival day

I think the ones to blame for this are the "ticket agencies" around Disneyland that rent out Park Hoppers. They are all over Ebay. They buy a ton of multi-day use tickets and "rent" them to people for around a hundred bucks a day. A lot of unsuspecting buyers are gonna get burned - showing up in the next few days with a rented PH.

This has been going on for years and is exactly why disney is doing this - to crack down on the practice. It's not the individual family who may have shared that has brought this about but the ticket agencies you mentioned who have done a huge business with this. It will be inconvenient for awhile but I think they will end up with a way to keep guests happy while stopping the rent/re-sale of PH tickets.

It will be a pain if you have already entered once with your ticket, and get stuck behind a bunch of people who are entering for the first time and have to sign their tickets and have it entered into the computer.

Just to note, that this is what they do at Universal Florida. Your name is on the ticket, but they hold up the lines to make you sign the back of your ticket...

Wow, I hadn't even heard about "ticket renting" so I'm totally out of the loop on that one.

We have 4 day PH, I'm assuming they won't pressure my 4 & 5 year olds for ID's, and I think I'll check if our park tix have names printed on them already. I booked my package through Disney, and just got all our documents and park tickets, and I never thought to turn them over.

Anyone know if you must present ID if you're park hopping? Is the stamp enough? That would be so annoying if every single transition between parks was a limited number of turnstiles, and more fighting in my purse for my ID and PH!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter