4 Adults, 6 Days/5 Nights on DDP: Days 5 & 6--Le Cellier and Final Reviews!!!

Day 5—The Mara, Sunshine Seasons, and Le Cellier

Friday morning, DH and I headed over to Epcot while Mom and Michael stayed to swim (Michael) and explore the resort (Mom). After trying to get a Kenyan press pot at Boma, and being told they only offered it for room service, Mom had a cappuccino with an extra shot of espresso at The Mara (AKL’s quick service). It was also made with Kenyan coffee, and very good. DH was really in the mood for a hearty eggs and bacon breakfast, and we made it to Sunshine Seasons in the Land about fifteen minutes before they stop serving breakfast at 11:00. He had a platter with eggs, bacon, hashbrowns, and a biscuit, and it definitely satisfied the craving. This was the only place we found bottled Powerade on this trip, BTW. I am more of a sweet breakfast person rather than savory, and they only offered French toast on the kid’s menu. But I asked if I could get French toast instead of eggs on my platter, and they obliged. Everything was very good—the French toast was slightly cinnamony, which I love. At about 2:00, DH had to have a cinnamon roll from Kringla Bakeri. I only had a few bites, trying to save room for Le Cellier…

Our reservation for Le Cellier was at 4:00. We checked in right at 4:00, and waited about 15 minutes to be seated. We were seated in the Northwest Territory, which was appropriately very remote and secluded. The quiet was very nice. On the dining plan you can get a non-alcoholic specialty drink, and we took advantage of it. Mom got…of course…the Cappuccino Freeze. DH got the Mango Smoothie, and Michael and I got the Chocolate Raspberry Shake. They were all very good! For appetizers, Mom and I got the Canadian Cheddar Cheese Soup. It is very very thick, more like a cheese dip, and I enjoyed dipping the pretzel bread in mine, while Mom like the multigrain bread with her’s. Michael got the Shrimp Cocktail with wasabi and said it needed more wasabi so it would be spicier. DH got the Grilled Beef Tenderloin Kabob and LOVED IT! We had all been looking forward to filet mignon all week…Mom, DH and I all had the Le Cellier Mushroom Filet Mignon—“Wild mushroom risotto, white truffle and herb beurre blanc, topped with fried parsnips.” THIS. WAS. AMAZING. The filet was tender, the risotto was creamy, and the parsnips added a crispy texture. Michael had the 7 oz Filet Mignon—“Glazed with maple BBQ sauce and accompanied by cream cheese mashed potatoes.” He said the mashed potatoes were the best he’d ever had. I could go on and on about the filets…but the desserts were just as impressive!

Michael and I had the Maple Crème Brulee. This was just as good as the Caramel-Banana Crème Brulee from Kona. It is served with cinnamon whipped cream, and the maple and cinnamon are soooooo good together! Mom had the Chocolate Whiskey Cake, which was very large and very rich. DH had the Strawberries and Balsamic Ice Cream (“prettiest dessert award”). It was brought to the table with a tiny pitcher of warm vanilla cream, which was poured over the top. This was sooooooooooo good, it almost made me forget about my brulee. Honestly, when he was done, I scooped up the leftover sauce. Overall, Le Cellier was wonderful. The service was very quick and the atmosphere was very quiet (probably due to our early reservation). The food was more than excellent, and this remains our #1 TS. We agreed next time we would try to go once on the first day and once on the last day. DDP Value: $250

Le Cellier

Clockwise from top: Cappucino Freeze, Chocolate Raspberry Shake x2, Mango Smoothie
34775%3A9%3C9%7Ffp356%3Enu%3D3238%3E952%3E5%3C3%3EWSNRCG%3D32339%3A797%3B%3C28nu0mrj

Clockwise from top: Canadian Cheddar Cheese Soup, Shrimp Cocktail, another Cheddar Cheese Soup, Grilled Beef Tenderloin Kabob
34775%3A9%3C9%7Ffp348%3Enu%3D3238%3E952%3E5%3C3%3EWSNRCG%3D32339%3A7979%3C37nu0mrj

Le Cellier Mushroom Filet Mignon
34775%3A9%3C9%7Ffp347%3Enu%3D3238%3E952%3E5%3C3%3EWSNRCG%3D32339%3A797%3B%3C33nu0mrj

7 oz Filet Mignon
34775%3A9%3C9%7Ffp347%3Enu%3D3238%3E952%3E5%3C3%3EWSNRCG%3D32339%3A797%3B%3C37nu0mrj

Strawberries and Balsamic Ice Cream
34775%3A9%3C9%7Ffp347%3Enu%3D3238%3E952%3E5%3C3%3EWSNRCG%3D32339%3A7979%3C38nu0mrj

Chocolate Whiskey Cake
34775%3A9%3C9%7Ffp347%3Enu%3D3238%3E952%3E5%3C3%3EWSNRCG%3D32339%3A797%3B%3C3%3Bnu0mrj

Maple Creme Brulee
34775%3A9%3C9%7Ffp348%3Enu%3D3238%3E952%3E5%3C3%3EWSNRCG%3D32339%3A7979%3C3%3Anu0mrj

What province of Canada do the chopsticks come from?
34775%3A9%3C9%7Ffp347%3Enu%3D3238%3E952%3E5%3C3%3EWSNRCG%3D32339%3A7979%3C43nu0mrj

Coming up in Day 6....Tusker House and Final Awards....

Great reviews! Thanks for the pics, can't wait for my Nov trip when we get to return to Le Cellier :thumbsup2

Thanks for the great reviews, can't wait for our first trip to LeCellier!! :Pinkbounc

You have one great looking family there. :) It is also good to know there are nice folks out there who enjoy eating as part of their vacation. :thumbsup2

Glad to hear that you enjoed it! This is our favorite place to eat, looking foward to our up~coming visit next month!!

We were able to get all the smoothies as our drinks the last visit!

Is the bacon in the cheese soup only on the top? Just a garnish?
It sounds so yummy.

When we have breakfast at Boma, we always order a pressed pot of Kenyan coffee. I don't understand why they told you that you can only order it with room service.

What exactly is the balsamic dessert? It looks great, but I'm not exactly sure what to expect it to taste like?
Your pictures are wonderful!

Tidus said:
What exactly is the balsamic dessert? It looks great, but I'm not exactly sure what to expect it to taste like?
Your pictures are wonderful!

It's really hard to describe. It's not bitter at all, but not overly sweet. The "balsamic" is supposed to be in the ice cream but it is so hard to place! Other than that, the strawberries are very fresh and sweet, and the warm vanilla cream just makes it all kinda gooey. There are also butter cookies for crunch.

Day 6—Tusker House and Final Reviews

Saturday rolled around and we were all very sad to see our week at Disney end! After a late checkout at AKL (12:00), we headed over to the Animal Kingdom for one last safari and to use our three remaining CS credits for lunch at Tusker House in Harambe. Mom and DH got the ½ Rotisserie Chicken, served with mashed potatoes and green beans. DH said it was his favorite CS meal of the whole trip. Michael and I both had the Fried Chicken Sandwich with steak fries. We also got one of each of their three desserts: Cheesecake, Carrot Cake, and Chocolate Cake. I think these were the best desserts of all the CS. We stopped by Epcot for some last minute shopping, and DH used our last three snack credits on three cinnamon rolls from Kringla Bakeri in Norway (told you he liked them!). Then it was back to AKL for some last minute pictures and a three hour drive back to Ft. Lauderdale. On our way out of Orlando, we stopped at Mimi’s Café on Osceola Parkway, and I highly recommend this place for breakfast or dinner on your way in or out. Mom frequently eats here when she is in Orlando for business, and says the muffins are not to be missed. I particularly liked the zucchini bread they serve with dinner!

So I made everyone come up with final verdicts for our dining experience, and this is how it went:

:crazy: Michael
Favorite Appetizer: Chicken Soup, from 50’s Prime Time Café
Favorite Entrée: 7 oz Filet Mignon, from Le Cellier
Favorite Dessert: Chocolate Wave, from Coral Reef
Favorite Overall TS: Le Cellier
Favorite Overall CS: ABC Commissary
Favorite Snack: Pineapple Float

:surfweb: Mom
Favorite Appetizer: Lump Crab Cakes, from Kona Cafe
Favorite Entrée: Le Cellier Mushroom Filet Mignon, from Le Cellier
Favorite Dessert: Chocolate Macadamia Nut Tart, from Kona Cafe
Favorite Overall CS: Flame Tree Barbeque

:earsboy: DH
Favorite Appetizer: Pot Stickers, from Kona Café
Favorite Entrée: Le Cellier Mushroom Filet Mignon, from Le Cellier
Favorite Dessert: Strawberries and Balsamic Ice Cream, from Le Cellier
Favorite Overall CS: Tusker House
Favorite Snack: Cinnamon Roll, from Kringla Bakeri

:hippie: Me
Favorite Appetizer: Lump Crab Cakes, from Kona Cafe
Favorite Entrée: Tagliolini Alla Vodka, from Alfredo’s
Favorite Dessert: Caramel-Banana Crème Brulee, from Kona Cafe
Favorite Overall TS: Kona Café
Favorite Overall CS: Tusker House

And that's it! I hoped you enjoyed reading about our food as much as we enjoyed eating it! Here are a few more misc. pics...

Pineapple Floats, from Aloha Isle in Adventureland, MK
34776748%3B%7Ffp347%3Enu%3D3238%3E952%3E5%3C3%3EWSNRCG%3D32339%3A795%3B554nu0mrj

Cinnamon Roll from Kringla Bakeri in Norway, Epcot (taken in China...DH loved the heron)
34776748%3B%7Ffp352%3Enu%3D3238%3E952%3E5%3C3%3EWSNRCG%3D32339%3A797%3B%3B%3B4nu0mrj

Tusker House desserts
3477854%3A%3A%7Ffp347%3Enu%3D3238%3E952%3E5%3C3%3EWSNRCG%3D3233%3A23642%3C6%3Bnu0mrj

Thanks for the great reviews. I agree with you about Le Cellier, we always eat there on every trip. I also have to agree that those Pineapple Floats are great..... :)

Was the shakes and smoothies on the DDP?? They look wonderful and i know I will get tired of drinking pop day after day.. :badpc:

Thanks for the great reviews. I'm already dreaming of returning to Tusker House which is my favorite CS. Of the 3 desserts that you ordered at Tusker which did you think was the best?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter